General "The Escapist" question: Am I the only one who just comes here for Zero Punctuation?

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
I came here because of Zero Punctuation, Doomsday Arcade and 'There Will Be Brawl.' But I'm enjoying ENN and Lulzy plays LOTR a lot more than those these days.

I have a look on the forums and comment if I see something worth talking about.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
I didin't have a profile on the escapist in the beginning cos' I only watched ZP but in 2009 I made a profile but it took about 3-4 months to start using it and now I do threads read threads watch several shows on the escapist etc etc

AnyJoe

Apr 27, 2010
I came to the site solely because of ZP, then I discovered Apocalypse lane, Unskippable and so on... Now I come to the site regularly to read articles and watch some of the shows

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Jack Johnson said:
In the last ZP-Episode they tried to promote that girl rebecca mayer who is just awful in my oppinion, and I noticed from the amount of comments, that there is a huge gap between Zero Punctuation and the rest of the featured "entertainers".
I used to. But his act's gotten REALLY old, and now I come here for the LRR guys and Doralingus.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Jack Johnson said:
they tried to promote that girl rebecca mayer who is just awful in my oppinion,
1. The Escapist doesn't always put shout-outs in their content to promote things. Quite often, its more a friendly crossover. Yahzee was in the April Fool's episode of Game Dogs, for example.

2. Its "Rebecca Mayes." And people who make content on the 'Scapist often actually have a presence in the Escapist community. Meaning that when you so bluntly criticize people, you may be saying it to them, rather than about them. And that's just plain rude.

3. Also: Read this, please. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.202281-The-magical-protection-terms-rant]
"Just awful in my oppinion" is poor posting form; such phrasing promotes hostility and general discord on the forums. Just take a little more time in writing your posts, and you'll find that the 'Scapist will reciprocate your effort.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I come here for the forums. ZP is just a bonus.

Also, this is the fifth "Am I the only one" thread I've seen in the past five minutes.

JimJamJahar

Dec 18, 2009
A friend recommended Zero Punctuation and I instantly fell in love (not gay).
A while after watching every episode that had been released, I joined the forums. I've been a part of much smaller forums before, but this is the best one I've found; full of intelligent people and a steady roll of interesting threads.
Later on, the same friend recommended Unskippable and Doomsday Arcade.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Not a slight on anyone else producing material for this site, but ZP is the only feature of remotely professional quality.

Okay, I guess that was a slight on everyone else.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
at first yes i only came for zp and unskippable now i also like the forums.

Mariakitten

Mar 29, 2010
I came here for ZP, got hooked on Unskippable and The escapist show, then after lurking for a year or two I joined the forums.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Alittle of everything, mostly the forums to inject a little less elitism into them goes along way, ZP, Doralingus, the odd article if I want only web based video entertainment I'll go to TGWTG or spoony or something.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
Could someone explain to me how the recent ZP advertised for Rebecca Mayes? Because if it was just the period jokes I have a distinct feeling that we're gonna start saying everything Yahtzee says that's sexist or homophobic is to piss her off. It honestly strikes me more like Yahtzee to ignore someone who doesn't like him.

EDIT: I come for a bit of everything. And I honestly believe that Rebecca Mayes uses a video game as an excuse to make a song about something she's already thinking about. Kinda like using a car to get to work. Yeah, the car's important, but you're more focused on getting to work. And she's actually quite talented, IMO.

ScruffyTheJanitor

Jul 17, 2009
Heard ZP and then came to the site.. But I did stay here a lot more due to Unforgotten realms and Doomsday Arcade which.. alas no longer show. Now looking at the line up on the main page, almost none of it even slightly near the level of awesome the previous stuff had. I'm not sure why but a lot of stuff comes out weekly when quite frankly.. it shouldn't as it's horrifically mediocre.

The talent is there in some cases. Rebecca is a talented musician, just the songs seem almost rushed. Doraleous has the setting, just the jokes are repetitive. I reckon given a fortnightly slot it would make the whole quality of some of the content here on escapist ALOT better, especially since many have to work it around their spare time.

Verex

May 31, 2010
That's how I found The Escapist, but now I come here for the mostly intelligent forum & its users.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
What is the name of the show that has 2 kids playing D&D in the basement with one as a fire mage, the other as a ninja made that duel wields nunchucks and have a pet rat? Please someone tell me the name as I haven't been able to find it for thepast month. :(

ZP is why I ended up here. I would recommend Doraleous and Associates, Apocalypse lane, and the video series I am looking for.

Amalith said:
I think I origionally came here for ZP, but mostly I'm here for the news and the articles they do. I like a few of the videos, like LRR, ENN, Unskippable, and Zero Punctuation, but they aren't the main reason I frequent this site.
Your avatar is awesome. That is my favorite book series by my favorite author. Oliver De'Burrows inspired so many of my D&D charactors.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
It's how I ended up here. I now frequent the forums, Unskipable, Doomsday arcade, and escape to the movies.