Generic RPG, a Parody RP (Permanently Closed)

Fury Is Me.

Oh, Tasty Tasty.
Feb 20, 2010
Finny stared at the young woman, secretly and looked at Misa when she winked to him and chuckled.
I REALLY like where this is going. Life is good, Finny my boy. Life is good.
It sure is, son.
DAD?! HI DAD!
HI, SON!

And Finny went into a Brain conversation with his dad.

Fishtie

Sep 19, 2010
Lala dutifully followed the others into the building which she looked around at curiously. When the conversation turned to rooms though she sniffed a bit and made a face.

"Air Too Full." She declared casually, "Lala Sleep Out." And with that she skilfully clambered out a window and up the wall of the inn before perching herself on the roof.

Pulling some furs from who knows where she wrapped herself up and lay down to sleep under the open sky.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
The young woman nodded towards Misa, and was amazed by Lala's...method of exiting the building. "Well, the rooms are available for you if you want them. We won't force you to sleep in them."

It was getting a bit dark outside, little light was shining outside. Stars were starting to form on the sky, and the moon reared it's ugly head slightly.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Misa grinned again and smiled.
"Well I'll have to buy one in the morning" she giggled again before turning to run to her room. "I'm in the third one" she said to everyone with a wink before bouncing to her room

One Seven One

Feb 5, 2009
"I wonder what she meant by that Freeze thought as Lala jumped out the window.
Freeze took the room furthest down the row.
When he got into his room he set down his weapon and sat on the edge of his bed.
"Strange, I didn't notice how tired I was until we got here" He thought
"Where is our next destination anyway?"
I guess we'll find out tommorow.. He thought before he laid back and fell asleep on his bed.

Fury Is Me.

Oh, Tasty Tasty.
Feb 20, 2010
Finny grinned and ran up the stairs after Mima. "AND I'M IN THE THIRD ONE, TOO!" He shouted, so everyoen who was and hear Mima bounce up the stairs heard him, and they could be jealous.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Misa was about to open the door to her room as Finny ran up behind her. She turned and gave him a wink before slipping into the room. She looked at the bed and instead ran into the washroom, quietly closing the door behind her.
Here's a good place to hide

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Jackrum shook his head as he made his way up the stairs and walked out onto the patio. Jackrum drew his sword and supported the blade with his left palm, using his right hand to manipulate the slides. He faced the wind and pulled the base trigger, having the wind go through the blade, creating a beautiful, flute-like note. He began to pull the triggers more quickly, performing a song. It made one homesick, made the listener feel as if they had been away for years, and yet, there were peals of hopefulness in there. It sounded like adventure, like hope and excitement for the future. It was one of those few songs that reach inside a person and grab one's heart.

The song ended, leaving Jackrum with a wan smile as he snuffed out his cigar under his boot. He sighed and heard a door slam nearby, and saw Misa's face appear out of the window next to him. Jackrum leaned against the wall and looked up at the moon before talking to Misa. "What's the matter, honey? Did yer sexy-trap backfire? Finny gettin' a little too close fer comfort?" Jackrum chuckled, but it was easy to see that he cared.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Misa shook her head at Jackrum.
"I'm just teasing him a little. It's a game I'm rather good at" she whispered softly, staring out at the moon. She snapped out of her moon watching trance as the minstrels behind her started playing loudly. She turned around.
"Do you know what hiding is" she screamed at them before giggling and snapping her fingers. As the sound resonated through the room, the minstrels disappeared. She turned back to Jackrum and sighed.

MiMireille

Apr 28, 2010
Merle flushed - just a touch - at the rowdy antics of Misa and Finny but waved to the backs of Freeze, Lala, and Jackrum as they each headed up or out to their rooms (or lack thereof) of choice. Then she turned and shrugged with a smile to the others still shuffling their feet down here at the bottom of the stairs.

"Mr. Xandus-" with a nod, "and Mr. The Cornelius-" with a short little bow, "can of course choose whichever rooms they'd prefer. The three of us will take the ones that are left over. Oh! And I suppose there'll be an extra, since Ms. Lala, er, didn't want hers..."

She twirled her staff absently behind her back, smiling kindly to Seiphetia and Jamie. "Right?"

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
"Ya," Jamie said quietly, pondering which rooms would be occupied so one could move their stuff into a room. Jamie wondered if it would be possible to sneak away in the early hours of the morning. This fate thing wasn't working out and Jamie wanted to find the friend that had been taken long ago. Charlie was still the only objective Jamie had, the only reason that was worth going on this mad journey that Fate had placed at their feet.

Jamie nodded and picked up the bags of equiptment, "If any one needs me I'll be in the room to the furthest right at the back of the hallway," with that Jamie vanished behind a think door and got into the bed and hoped that tears wouldn't come and that instead, deep sleep would embrace. Jamie was scared of what tomorrow would be bring, what the future in general would bring.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
"Begging your pardon, Merle but I don't sleep. It's not a matter of preference, it's a function thing. Which is to say, I can't." said Skullivan, looking back up the stairs. Although the accomodating apparition of the open set of stairs would have been a symbol of hope for the weary and the final obstace for those of the conquering type of the opposite persuasion, Skullivan felt neither of these things towards stairs.
"However" he continued "pray I, an excellent sleep yours be." he bowed with hat removed.

MiMireille

Apr 28, 2010
"Ah!" A hand flew to Merle's mouth, and she shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "I, oh. I didn't mean to assume things. I meant no disrespect, only.. doesn't one who needs no sleep ever make use of a room anyway? Reading, or writing to friends back home?"

The other hand then rose to match, staff forgotten in the crook of one arm. "Ahh! I've got questions, but I'm being so rude! I'm sorry!" She bowed again, flustered with herself. "You're far more considerate than I've just been. Good night!"

With that she trotted upstairs and disappeared around the corner. Then her head peeked around the corner.
"Seiphetia, go to sleep soon!" The next few sentences trailed off as Merle murmured to herself and chose one of the rooms still unoccupied. "We'll be up early in the morning I think ... It's like the Narrator and half our party members forgot they were in an adventure!"

MiMireille

Apr 28, 2010
because the Escapist posted what I wrote, and THEN asked me to fill out a captcha, making me think it was only showing me a preview. Grr.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Any capacity that a fleshless skull could raise an eyebrow was the next action Skullivan undertook, although it was not the most comprehensible movement. More of an apt minor jerk of his head to one side if anything. Regardless, seeing Merle resigned to her room, Skullivan walked into the lobby of the inn, plopping himself down on a vacant chair and pulling his hat down over his eyes. The prospect of sleep was never kind to Skullivan, ever since he died. The loneliness that could transpire in waiting for the night to pass and morning to arrive was the first fear Skullivan had to conquer in the first days after he was freed from his necrotized resurrection. Sanctuary could be achieved in not thinking about anything (as opposed to trying not to think) and relaxing. And his daily norm ensued, not sleeping, but waiting.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Jackrum lifted up his sword and balanced it over the palm of his other hand. "Y'know, there's a story we like to tell in my homeland about the instrument my weapon is named after. The instruments are each called a "Voice of Sinclaire." This is how the story goes:

Long ago, before Glacia was ever formed, there lived a small village in the frozen wastelands. But just like the most beautiful of roses appear in the harshest of deserts, there was a young woman named Sinclaire, who was the most beautiful woman in the world. Hers also was a voice that could even charm the most stone hearted of demons. However, she was engaged to a young man named Eneru. Eneru was a warrior who was like a bolt of lightning on the battlefield,invincible and deadly to all who came near. Through many valorous feats, he managed to win the lovely Sinclaire over. Every night, he would steal up to her bedroom window and visit her, leaving her with a kiss and a promise that he would return the next night. However,'an evil wizard had also heard Sinclaire sing and decided to spirit her away for himself. On the day of his wedding, Enwru returned to find his bride, but found no-one when he knocked on the window, and saw only a fragment of her mantle that had ripped off on the sill. Eneru wandered the tundra for weeks, uncaring for food or water and unhindered by the beasts of the wastes. Eneru was about to impale himself on his sword, when he heard a voice faint on the breeze, like a hope that would shatter under a heavy gaze. Eneru followed the song to a tower, and saw his beloved fiancee! He wept for joy as he rushed up the tower, caring not for his life but only caring about her, cutting down all bodies in the way like feathers before a blizzard. He impaled the wizard after 3 days of mortal combat and held his beloved. But as the wizard drew his last breath, he uttered a death curse: a curse infused with the lifeblood of a man, inexhorable as Death himself. 'If I can't have her, no-one can!' the wizard yelled. 'Woman! I curse you to fade away and to never be heard again! Warrior!' He chuckled evilly, 'Prove thyself. Thou shalt constantly enter the fray, ne'er pausing for breath, never resting, just fighting! Eternal war! And when you die, may your flesh and bones turn into metal, colder than ice- as cold as Death! May you not even find peace in the grave!' "

Jackrum drew breath before continuing. " Sinclaire faded away into the wind, her last words 'I love you.' They were his as well, before the country was assaulted by enemies on all sides in a war that lasted a hundred years. Eneru died on his feet, his body not willing to give up dignity even in death. His body became solid metal, but never seemed to remain a single color- rather, it was a color one could not describe, for it should not exist. His body was melted down to make the greatest blades in history,'all of them black as the abyss. However, a village Shaman found a little bit left of this metal and formed it into a flute, at which time the flute lost its darkness to the night and took on the silver of the moon. It also began to play itself, using the wind for air. The Shaman came from the same village as Eneru and Sinclaire and knew the stories. He passed the instrument down through generation after generation, all bearing the same name. The Death Curse had been out-tricked, and Sinclaire and Eneru were forever together."

Jackrum shrugged sheepishly. "Sorry if I seem t' be goin' senile- my daughter would be about your age, I guess you just remind me o' her."

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Misa had a glimmer in her eye as Jackrum told his story. It also seemed as if she was cut from the real world and put in the scene he was describing.
"That's a beautiful story" she murmured before looking at him and smiling, "You have a daughter?"
She smiled again and looked at the window, wondering if she could somehow open it more and slip through.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Jackrum smiled at the memory of his daughter. "What, you didn't think I was that attached to the military, did you?" He took out a golden locket from under his shirt and opened it up, showing a picture of a 10 year old child with long brown hair and emerald-green eyes. imbedded in the gold was a glass cage which held a locket of hair. "My beautiful baby girl. I haven't seen her in so long- I was called away to war with the Solarii a few months after she was born. I managed to come back every now and then to see her, but then there was that whole Battle of the Grave fiasco..."

He shook his head and sighed. "She always said she wanted to be a doctor. I did everything in my power to get her what she wanted, but she turned me down every time, said she wanted to do this with her own ability." Jackrum pulled out a letter with shaking fingers. "And the innkeeper just handed me this letter from her. She says she finally became an apprentice to Dr. White- the best doctor in Glacia, and the world. She's made me so proud, and I never was even there for her." Jackrum put the letter back in the folds of his cloak. He wiped his eyes, brushing away the tears of sheer joy only a parent could know. He hid it quite well. Jackrum opened the window from the outside. "Bit of a security flaw, but whatever. Come outside, it's nice out here and it's hard as hell hearin' you through the glass." He chuckled and stood aside before speaking again "Anyway, the sappy old coot shared his life story with you. Now it's your turn. What about your family?"

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Misa gladly climbed out the window, thoughts of Finny shot out of her head. She had thought Jackrum's daughter so beautiful but it was a shame to waste beauty on something intelligent like doctoring. Knowing that if she said this, Jackrum might take it the wrong way, she did something smart for once and kept her mouth shut.
What about my family?
Misa shrugged and looked over to Jackrum.
"Not much to tell...I lived with both my parents. My dad was always working and the plumber soon became somewhat of a...toy...for my mother. Dad left us and I ran off to magic school. Haven't heard from any of them since" Misa trailed on, staring out at the sky before turning back to Jackrum.
"Do you think you'll see your daughter again during this...adventure?" she asked politely, trying to keep the conversation going.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Jackrum smiled wistfully. "I hope so. I haven't seen her in 7 years. A child shouldn't have to live half their life without ever seeing their father." He looked at Misa and shook his head. "I'm sorry, that was... distasteful of me, being generous. I just meant I wish I could have been there to see her graduate and whatnot." Here Jackrum chuckled. "I managed to do one fatherly thing- I kicked the crap out of her boyfriend. The ma- I can't even use that term for him- punk was playing around and decided to mess around with my daughter." Here he smiled. "I raised her right. The second his little brain checked in, it was given a rude awakening by Mr. Knee." He laughed at the memory of the story told him. "That straightened him out for a bit. I remember coming home to my little girl, now 16, crying on her bed. She had to hide my sword and gun, I was so mad. Not that it changed things much. I caught him making out with another one of his playthings, and after that the world went red. I was so glad he was half dressed then- it gave me a brilliant idea after I realized he didn't have much of a face. I decided to hang him by his pants from the tallest pole in the village. When everyone woke up the next day, I rang the bell tower extra loud just to make sure. My daughter came out and laughed, then ran up and hugged me. It was one of the happiest days of my life." Jackrum looked perfectly content in his memories. "Alright, the game is buy one sell one. I answered your question, now you answer mine: why are you on this trip? And please give me the truth, not some stereotype that you think you have to fill.