George Romero To Appear In New Black Ops Zombie Level

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
George Romero To Appear In New Black Ops Zombie Level

Black Ops players are in for a major treat with next week's DLC: a chance to shoot up the grandfather of the zombie film genre, George A. Romero, himself.

Zombies and Call of Duty go together these days like Sony and security breaches (sorry, too soon?). However, the latest zombie level for Call of Duty: Black Ops' "Escalation" expansion, better known as "Call of the Dead", looks like it'll really be something special.

The DLC takes place in Siberia, where players have to hold off armies of zombies. However, George Romero, the man who is considered the pioneer of zombie films, is getting a starring role in the expansion. Romero isn't the only cult celebrity appearing in the expansion: Sarah Michelle Gellar (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Robert Englund (the original Freddy Krueger), Michael Rooker (recently of Slither and The Walking Dead fame), and Danny Trejo (Machete) have all been confirmed as being in the game.

According to Call of Duty: Black Ops director Dave Anthony, "This is Treyarch's tribute to the legendary George Romero, who truly defined the zombie genre and whose incredible work has been such an inspiration to our team."

The "Escalation" DLC will be available May 3rd.

Source: CVG

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
I'm not paying $15 buck only to play a zombie map. But in all seriousness that was a brilliant trailer! I loved it!!!

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I covered this like an hour ago with my own post that nobody answered...

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I'm not a fan of Call of Duty's zombies, but I will say that this is a great trailer.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
0p3rati0n said:
I'm not paying $15 buck only to play a zombie map. But in all seriousness that was a brilliant trailer! I loved it!!!
I think the DLC has some more multiplayer maps as well. At least that's what they did with the last batch of DLC that had a new zombie level in it.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
rofl that is so awesome. Nazi Zombies has changed so much since its honestly rather chilling original mini-game (the zombies shambling out of the mist was hollywood-level tension building for me >.>); the whole thing is so silly now. But its gotten silly in little baby steps, map by map, in order to gain this now rich world and crazy, badass shit that nobody with a soul can do anything but love.

I absolutely LOVE nazi zombies, and I really wish they would release a DLC with just the zombie maps collected in it -- I don't want to have to pay like £10 for 1 single map + 3 mp maps I don't want and will never use.

(Oh, and does anyone really get what the Machete guy is doing there... at least the others have done horror/zombie/undead/whatever related stuff... >.<)

PS, When the fuck are the going to release a proper Nazi Zombies game? It needs to happen so damn badly... OK, I admit, its pretty unlikely, but I would so buy it if they made it. :3
God I'm such a raging fanboy.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Normally, I would be a little upset because I love the nazi zombie universe and I want to find out more things about it, but this is just great.
The characters are great and George Romero? This'll be great.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Oh My God...

I was going to buy the thing anyway... but now I am FUCKING PUMPED!!!!

I am so kicking zombie as with Trejo!!

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Dammit. Now I'm going to have to buy that and that means deleting something off my crappy little harddrive.

Curse you, Trayarch!

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'll admit; these kinds of DLC packs make me want to buy the full game JUST to play the add-on. Kudos, Treyarch.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Do you know what would make this more awesome? If they replaced all the playable characters with Doctor Who and replaced the Zombies with Daleks

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
So it's Machete, Buffy, Merl (his character in The Walking Dead), and Freddy Krueger all teaming up to kill zombies?

Awesome.

fer1wi

Jun 4, 2009
That seriously looked cool. But, does anyone think it sorta rips off of The House of the Dead: Overkill's style?

And one of the guys takes John Marston's pose from Red Dead Redemption.

Anyway, it looks like the best one yet, besides the original Nazi Zombie map.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Luke5515 said:
Normally, I would be a little upset because I love the nazi zombie universe and I want to find out more things about it, but this is just great.
The characters are great and George Romero? This'll be great.
I'm sure they'll tie it in somehow. Glad to know I'm not the only one who wanted to find out more about the normal zombie characters and everything. I wonder how the hand-to-hand and melee weapons are going to work. Looked a little too complex for a shooter.

MikeOfThunder

Jul 11, 2009
It is so fucking awesome that Sarah Michelle Gellar is in this!!!

Looks good but the other maps have let me down in the past!