George Romero To Appear In New Black Ops Zombie Level

Shakaar9267

Look at me, I'm burning.
Nov 30, 2009
DJ_DEnM said:
I covered this like an hour ago with my own post that nobody answered...
That happened to me a few times. If you don't have "News Room Contributor" under your title nobody cares.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Look! The only good part of the modern Call of Duty games just got much more awesome. Everything is better with Danny Trejo. I don't have Black Ops, but I'd get it for this. If I had a good computer.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
This could just be the first map pack I've ever bought. Looks damn fine, damn fine indeed.

fundayz

Feb 22, 2010
I wish we could just buy zombie maps and not the multiplayer maps. Im tired of the multiplayer but i still play zombies regularly

tcurt

Jan 28, 2010
Ok, taking a moment to be controversial. I know we are all supposed worship Romero for "Night of the Living Dead" and the creation of the modern zombie film, but outside of that, his career seems kinda mediocre to me. Am I just too hard on him? Nearly all his films are zombie films, even some that aren't, and mostly they are exactly the same: people cut-off from safety by zombie horde. Maybe insert some commentary on society, maybe not. In the last 10-15 years, the new movies are worse and worse, and the rest are just remakes of the old movies. This is not a person that feels the need to stretch his talent.
Even schlockmeisters like Roger Corman seem bold and daring compared to him. Corman's movies may be generally so-so, every so often their are really good, his schooled alot of our great directors, etc, and no one can accuse him of repeating himself for 40 years straight.
If Romero hadn't done that first movie, would we even bother with him?

Just stirring the pot. Thanks for your time.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Love that they did it that Grindhouse trailer style, or House of the Dead: Overkill (thank you thatguy). Probably wont be playing this anytime soon, don't have Black Ops, but if I did I would totally be playing Machete...err I mean Danny Trejo.

Shreder55

Jul 1, 2009
Well I really hate Call Of Duty but this makes me want to get Black Ops even though I REALLY HATE Call of Duty. So I need to see when its out for PC.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
TheKruzdawg said:
0p3rati0n said:
I'm not paying $15 buck only to play a zombie map. But in all seriousness that was a brilliant trailer! I loved it!!!
I think the DLC has some more multiplayer maps as well. At least that's what they did with the last batch of DLC that had a new zombie level in it.
It's 4 multiplayer maps and 1 zombie. Still not worth $15. If I was able to only download the zombie map for like $5-$8 I'd be happy but nope.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
0p3rati0n said:
It's 4 multiplayer maps and 1 zombie. Still not worth $15. If I was able to only download the zombie map for like $5-$8 I'd be happy but nope.
So... you're willing to pay 1/2 price (at max) for 1/5/th of the content being offered? If you break it down evenly, it'd be $3 for each thing separately. I definitely wouldn't pay more than that for one map in this case.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
If we shoot the Romero zombie enough will he stop making horrible zombie movies?

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
tcurt said:
Ok, taking a moment to be controversial. I know we are all supposed worship Romero for "Night of the Living Dead" and the creation of the modern zombie film, but outside of that, his career seems kinda mediocre to me. Am I just too hard on him? Nearly all his films are zombie films, even some that aren't, and mostly they are exactly the same: people cut-off from safety by zombie horde. Maybe insert some commentary on society, maybe not. In the last 10-15 years, the new movies are worse and worse, and the rest are just remakes of the old movies. This is not a person that feels the need to stretch his talent.
Even schlockmeisters like Roger Corman seem bold and daring compared to him. Corman's movies may be generally so-so, every so often their are really good, his schooled alot of our great directors, etc, and no one can accuse him of repeating himself for 40 years straight.

This, a thousand times this. I'm a huge zombie fanatic, and I could never get into Romero's films, still can't.

But anyways, as much as I dislike Treyarch's zombie mode (run around figuring things out/find a good corner to camp in, done) this really makes me wanna buy this map pack, simply because I have the biggest Man-crush on Danny Trejo.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
tcurt said:

I suggest you take a look at Moviebob's recommendation list for non-zombie Romero movies.

Here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/8622-MovieBob-Beyond-Dead

And yes I think you are being too hard on him, without the Dead films, this world would be a far bleaker place than this. If you want something deep and thought provoking, I would suggest staying away from Romero.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
0p3rati0n said:
I'm not paying $15 buck only to play a zombie map. But in all seriousness that was a brilliant trailer! I loved it!!!
Honestly, if I still played Black Ops, I possibly would buy the map pack just for the zombie map... possibly, not probably...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
And this was gonna be the first Black Ops map pack I had decided not to buy...

Well fuck, I thought I had kicked the addiction

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
HankMan said:
He he, My little brother will probably get this just for Danny Trejo. If The Original weren't such crap, I'd be sorely tempted myself
vansau said:
Zombies and Call of Duty go together these days like Sony and security breaches (sorry, too soon?).
Not to an Xbox player it isn't!
Is the sound track done by Rob Zombie? (I wouldn't know if it was as I don't listen to much music)
No, wasn't Rob Zombie. Sounds like some 80's hair metal band that I don't recognize.

At first I said "Oh geez, Left 4 Dead rip off" because it was 4 dudes and one chick, who strangely resembled the original L4D crew. Then I heard that Danny Trejo was in it and I went "O.O"......if I didn't hate Activision I might consider getting this...