George Romero To Appear In New Black Ops Zombie Level

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
Does this mean they have fixed the core game problems?
BTW, last time i checked there was only ONE server that I could play on using DM/HCDM/TDM/HCTDM because EVERYONE had gone to the new map pack servers. (the only exception is that there was a few sniper/pistol/crouch only servers) I dont have these map packs because Im wondering why I should pay to enhance a broken game.They should have been more concerned with fixing their current product before releasing new content for broken product.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Why don't they release zombie maps separate, some of us don't care for the multiplayer!

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
/dusts off Black Ops

Activision doing something cool and creative? What the shit!

NimrodXIV

Jul 12, 2010
WOW. I don't care about or want to own Black Ops, can I just play this level? Danny Trejo + Sarah Michelle Gellar + Robert Englund?! WIN.

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
This trailer almost makes me wish I bought CoD: BO just so I could play it... Good thing I remembered every other CoD trailer that almost made me wish I had the game only to discover later what a p.o.s. it was later. I expect the same from this. Looks like a crappy L4D ripoff.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
vansau said:
In a way, it seems like it's also an homage to the Dawn of the Dead gag in which the survivors traded messages with the fella in the gun shop, asking him to pick off celebrity look alikes in the zombie masses at street-level. Overall, it's a great idea.

I'd love to see it expanded into a 'zombie easter egg hunt,' where perhaps players can get achievements/etc. for finding certain celebrity zombies. I mean, look what being a zombie did for Bill Murray.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Karloff said:
Distorted Stu said:
Well this is new? REAL ACTORS in a DLC. I lol'd when i seen sarah michell gellar like
mmm. Actually, that puzzled me a bit. For a zombie game, I'd have figured actors famous for doing zombie flicks'd be an obvious choice, and while these guys have all done horror they're not zombie film folks. I think Englund's done only one zombie film and Rooker's in The Walking Dead, but I can't get any Trejo or Gellar connection.
They're all horror people. Gellar was in Buffy and The Grudge. Trejo was in Machete, which had its share of gore, I guess--but the "trailer" for Machete was also part of Planet Terror, the Grindhouse zombie film. Englund was Freddy, who is essentially Undead. I think it's meant to be a broader "horror" thing.

They need Ving Rhames, really.

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Dastardly said:
Karloff said:
Distorted Stu said:
while these guys have all done horror they're not zombie film folks. I think Englund's done only one zombie film and Rooker's in The Walking Dead, but I can't get any Trejo or Gellar connection.
They're all horror people. Gellar was in Buffy and The Grudge. Trejo was in Machete, which had its share of gore, I guess--but the "trailer" for Machete was also part of Planet Terror, the Grindhouse zombie film. Englund was Freddy, who is essentially Undead. I think it's meant to be a broader "horror" thing.

They need Ving Rhames, really.
Eh, I guess. No disrespect intended to the chosen cast, but for my money it'd have been fun to see: Ving Rhames, Bruce Campbell, Linnea Quigley, and, ohhh, Cillian Murphy, why not. Still, looks amusing!

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
TheKruzdawg said:
0p3rati0n said:
It's 4 multiplayer maps and 1 zombie. Still not worth $15. If I was able to only download the zombie map for like $5-$8 I'd be happy but nope.
So... you're willing to pay 1/2 price (at max) for 1/5/th of the content being offered? If you break it down evenly, it'd be $3 for each thing separately. I definitely wouldn't pay more than that for one map in this case.
Yes I would pay half the price because the zombie maps are were most of the effort was put into. If a lot of effort was put into something and it's actually good I have no problem paying x2 the amount of what it should be and in this case it's $3. But the multiplayer maps are shitty and the previews show them as being really unbalanced.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
0p3rati0n said:
TheKruzdawg said:
0p3rati0n said:
It's 4 multiplayer maps and 1 zombie. Still not worth $15. If I was able to only download the zombie map for like $5-$8 I'd be happy but nope.
So... you're willing to pay 1/2 price (at max) for 1/5/th of the content being offered? If you break it down evenly, it'd be $3 for each thing separately. I definitely wouldn't pay more than that for one map in this case.
Yes I would pay half the price because the zombie maps are were most of the effort was put into. If a lot of effort was put into something and it's actually good I have no problem paying x2 the amount of what it should be and in this case it's $3. But the multiplayer maps are shitty and the previews show them as being really unbalanced.
How can you tell if a map is balanced and plays well from a short preview video? I think you're just being difficult to be honest.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
Low Key said:
0p3rati0n said:
TheKruzdawg said:
0p3rati0n said:
How can you tell if a map is balanced and plays well from a short preview video? I think you're just being difficult to be honest.
If you look at the history of something you can predict the future. Treyarch has always made great zombie maps. "Five" has probably been the worst map there was. As for the multiplayer a walkthrough preview that I saw they said for "Hotel" that the top floor is key. There you go. That means if you lock that down it's suicide to try to retake it. It's just like the map crisis with the "B" flag. "Stockpile" they said get to the middle and close the doors and you have control. These are coming straight from the developers themselves and already I'm hearing unbalanced things coming from them. They are making it seem that locking down a point is easier than before. Which it shouldn't be. Locking down a map should be possible. But the team doing the lock down should have to watch every angle. Not camp in a corner and watch a door way.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
0p3rati0n said:
Low Key said:
0p3rati0n said:
TheKruzdawg said:
0p3rati0n said:
If you look at the history of something you can predict the future. Treyarch has always made great zombie maps. "Five" has probably been the worst map there was. As for the multiplayer a walkthrough preview that I saw they said for "Hotel" that the top floor is key. There you go. That means if you lock that down it's suicide to try to retake it. It's just like the map crisis with the "B" flag. "Stockpile" they said get to the middle and close the doors and you have control. These are coming straight from the developers themselves and already I'm hearing unbalanced things coming from them. They are making it seem that locking down a point is easier than before. Which it shouldn't be. Locking down a map should be possible. But the team doing the lock down should have to watch every angle. Not camp in a corner and watch a door way.
On all CoD multiplayer maps, there has always be more ways in to a place than there are people on a team. I assume these new ones will be no different. I barely ever have trouble with campers anyways. It's just so easy to lob a grenade into a position and clear out players who are just sitting there.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
I'm not a huge fan of Call of Duty (it's fun, but not quite my thing), but stuff like this is why I have a good bit of respect for Treyarch. Who cares whether they make games I enjoy - the awesomeness they display in their zombie mode clearly makes up for it.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Loving the Grindhouse thing with the trailer, and the new melee kills look sweet. I normally don't like Zombie mode, but this could be fucking awesome.

finecrazydud

Mar 6, 2010
they should have had rob zombie in there as the special zombie. and when ever he appears it plays house of corpses or living dead girl

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
0p3rati0n said:
I haven't watched the previews yet, so I have no comment on whether they are unbalanced or not. But I guess it comes down to personal preference. I don't know when I will get it (if I do), but it won't be for awhile, since I need $ for that.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Play as Danny Trejo in a Grindhouse-esque zombie game? Sold!

Seriously though, that's the best idea I've heard since that one about him dawning on an Armored Infantry Suit in StarCraft!

Nifarious

Mar 15, 2010
Glad someone mentioned Grindhouse. Was getting pretty annoyed that the posting totally didn't catch that.
Roganzar said:
Love that they did it that Grindhouse trailer style, or House of the Dead: Overkill (thank you thatguy). Probably wont be playing this anytime soon, don't have Black Ops, but if I did I would totally be playing Machete...err I mean Danny Trejo.