German "Killer Game" Culling Fails to Set the World on Fire

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
German "Killer Game" Culling Fails to Set the World on Fire

What if you held a "killer game" destruction rally and nobody came?

Remember that tragic school shooting [http://www.translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.memo-software.de%2Faaw%2Findex.php%2Faktionen%2F148-familien-gegen-killerspiele&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=] in Winnenden, Germany were asking people to come trash their "killer games" this weekend?

Well, as the above video shows, it wasn't exactly a smash hit. I count five games in the very empty-looking bin, and one of those might just be like a brochure or flyer or something.

On the other hand, as Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5384628/howd-that-germany-killer-game-trashing-rally-go-eh] points out, this was in the early afternoon. Maybe all the devotees who were really looking to toss their violent games showed up later in the day. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Well, shows how willing people are to give up games. Probably because they're FUN. Do people not realise that?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
hehehe, kinda makes them look like fools.
I wouldn't bin a game I just spent ($£)20-40... infact, any price I pay. I could just trade it in at the shop, and let some other person play it at a reduced price.
although the copy of Condemned I bought it buggy as hell.
Just open a door and stare into the endless black void... with a baseball bat leaning against nothing, just floating in the emptiness...

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Actually they threw loads of games into bin its just that there was a guy sitting there picking them up and taking them home.

And the last two games left are copies of Madworld because even cheapskates have limits.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Ah I love groups like this, they honestly think that everyone supports them and thinks just like them but then they go and do something like this, and get a nice warm bowl of Fail served up with a side dish of cold reality.

Gives me the warm fuzzies to know that every now and again the universe shows someone how much of an ass-hat they're being.

JARwing

Oct 20, 2009
Hey, Im from Germany guys...

I dont know how much you know about this "Killer Games" discussion but its a major theme for politicians and a reason for any kind of teenagers misbehaving. Like that kind of stuff.

But its fun: Gamers fighting for their right to play...against society :D

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Hahah, nice to know my countrymen didn't buy into this crap, either.
The people organizing this are populist, actionist fools who fail to see the real issues behind horrible occurences like Winnenden or Columbine or wherever else.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
Shoulda tossed the people that organized the whole thing in the fire, since there was plenty of room.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Do they not realise pressing a button is very different to pulling a trigger? And not just in the controls, it's the mindset.

Kill someone in a game, your mind tells you it's good, you get points, it's an achievement.
Kill someone in real life, your mind tells you you're destroying a family, going to prison, and losing valuable part of your life.

It really is that simple.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
LOL. I'M SORRY BUT LOL.

I didn't really except many people to go to it anyway. Man, those people are idiots.