Get 10 Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Five Days Early with EA Access

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Get 10 Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Five Days Early with EA Access

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1376/1376682.jpgEA and Origin Access members will get to start playing Mass Effect: Andromeda five days early, but only for 10 hours.

Earlier this month, we learned that EA and Origin Access subscribers would get a chance to news post [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169218-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-No-Season-Pass-Has-Pre-Order-Bonuses] announcing new additions to the EA Access Vault.

EA Access (Xbox One) and Origin Access (PC) members will get access to the newest Mass Effect game on March 16, five days before it hits stores on March 21. Over those five days, members can play a total of 10 hours of the game.

If you aren't a member of either of EA's programs, you can either subscribe ($4.99 a month or $29.99 a year), or just hang tight until the game comes out. If you do subscribe, you'll get access to The Vault of EA games you can play for free, 10% off digital purchases from EA, and all the stuff that's on this FAQ page [https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access/faq]

Mass Effect: Andromeda is set for its full launch on March 21 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

[gallery=6829]

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Hmm... sounds tempting. But Origin Access didn't convince me on its own; and after the 10 hours are spent, that would be the only thing I'm left with. I'll pass.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Nah, I'll pass, thanks. I can wait. If you have to offer things like this to convince people your service is worth it, it isn't going to be worth it.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Apologies for just being completely negative, but... This offer can piss right off - just like pre-order bonuses.

By default I am technically a BioWare 'fan', but DA:I was a truly mixed bag to put it mildly, and so no offer can extract money from me that will effectively deny me having a clue as to what kind of game ME:A actually is before I play it. Well, DA:I had an initially very good reception and I didn't start playing it for a fair while after release, so maybe I'm screwed regardless...

All together now---

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Imre Csete said:
So I guess that means you have to subscribe for demos on Origin, cool.
Uh, no? What ten hour long demos have you been playing? You buy the game and it unlocks five days early, but you can only play ten hours till the normal launch day.

OT: That's... a bit strange, and how much it matters will vary from person to person. I know some people who can only find time for a hour or two of videogames a day, and others who could easily burn through those ten hours in a single day off.
As for EA's motive, I imagine this is to prevent trolls from burning through the game in a day or two and inundating the internet with spoilers before launch. Now my solution to that would be to just release the game for everyone on the 16th, but it's possible they can't do that without risking the wrath of the brick and mortar stores.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
major_chaos said:
Uh, no? What ten hour long demos have you been playing? You buy the game and it unlocks five days early, but you can only play ten hours till the normal launch day.
Origin/EA Access is 4 euros a month.

You get an early trial and -10% off on new titles as an added bonus.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I'll just be playing the older games thank you.

I don't know how they are gonna make this game exist after what happened in the prior games.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
No thank you, I had the pleasure of playing the first few hours of ME 3.

All I remember is how forced and hamfisted that poorly voice acted little f*** in the airducts seemed at the time.

Plus I'd have to install Origin.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
The sub might be worth it for the -10% if you buy a lot of EA games, but I really can't be bothered for something like this even if it's my number one anticipated game really.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Would you like to pre-pre-order the game?

No thanks, i love mass effect, but it looks like you took all the rpg out so this could be Battlefield: Mass effect

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
I'm kind of glad I'm overseas until august without a decent rig so I'm not physically able to get Andromeda at launch, even if I was so inclined. All of this stuff just sets my spdersenses tingling. I'll wait for the reviews to come in.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I don't understand how EA access has existed this long, and been reported on again and yet people still don't seem to be able to get their head around it.

Its a Netflix like service. You pay 5 bucks a month. For your 5 bucks, you get:

Access to a legacy library of EA games
10% discount on all digital purchases of EA products.
Access to 10 hour trials of EA games, which starts 10 5 days before the release date of that game.

Mileage may vary, but its not EA doing a bad thing. Its not a weird pre-order bonus, its not a scam, its a service which is pretty reasonable, if the contents interest you. I've personally activated it once, because I knew I was getting a game, and in my country the 10% discount is more than the $5 fee. So I got to play my game early and look at some older titles for....no cost.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
have tried this early access stuff with mirrors edge catalyst. yeah, it was nice to play it earlier and get an even better impression of the game then just playing the beta, but i would say its not worth it. paying each month is not something im eager for. especially if you dont use it that much as i do.
good thing is that you can cancel the access at any time. EA did it without any hesitation and i was out.

i rather wait and see how this new mass effect will be. so far it look nice from what i have seen so far, but not willing to get it on day 1. just like now im not getting RE7 either. i was not so thrilled from what i have seen and was also not thrilled with the demo. just didnt feel like RE to me.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Imre Csete said:
Origin/EA Access is 4 euros a month.

You get an early trial and -10% off on new titles as an added bonus.
Yes, exactly, and that is in no way "paying for demos". Demos are small fixed slices of content that may or may not be in the final game and they tend to be an hour or so at most.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Assuming you want to definitely per-order it, it actually pays for itself as the 10% off the game price just about covers the money spent on a single months subscription. Or at least that's how it worked for BF1.

Also worth noting, the 10% off you get stacks with any additional sales they have. I managed to pre-order South Park: FBW during their end of year sale and get like 40% off which was decent.

But yeah, compared to Uplay, Origins ticking along nicely these days.