Get a Closer Look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's Multiplayer in the Newest Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Get a Closer Look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's Multiplayer in the Newest Trailer

The newest trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda focuses on the game's multiplayer.

With Mass Effect: Andromeda just a week away from launch, Bioware is offering up a closer look at the game's multiplayer. You'll be able to play as characters from both the Andromeda and Milky Way galaxies. Each character has its own skills and abilities, and you'll have over 25 character kits and over 40 upgradeable weapons to choose from at launch.

Here's the video showing off the multiplayer in action:

As you can see, you'll be able to team up and take on waves of enemies on five different Firebase maps: Sandstorm, Zero, Icebreaker, Magma, and Derelict. Bioware says that it will be adding more weapons, boosters, and more in the coming months.

At the end of each match XP and other rewards are shared across the entire team, which Bioware hopes will keep teammates from competing with each other. Experience can be used to upgrade your character, and credits can be used to buy packs that contain weapons, characters, and mods. Of course, you can also buy those packs using real money.

This is the most complete look we've had at Andromeda's multiplayer so far. We'll see even more of it when the game launches on March 21 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

[gallery=7049]

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
The ME3 multiplayer was my favorite multiplayer in any game ever. This looks like more of the same with a few tweaks, so I am pleased.

Looking forward to this so much.

Squee.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
I don't remember mass effect 2 for being killing floor nor did I ever wish there was more killing floor in my mass effect so I suppose it is fair to conjecture that nobody but EA execs who want more ways of monetization asked for this.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
i might actually try this out. i played a little of me3's multiplayer and it being noncompetitive took most of the stress out of it.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
loa said:
I don't remember mass effect 2 for being killing floor nor did I ever wish there was more killing floor in my mass effect so I suppose it is fair to conjecture that nobody but EA execs who want more ways of monetization asked for this.
Fair, but wrong. I was definitely asking for this.

Dec 10, 2012
loa said:
Actually this is exactly what I was asking for. The only online MP game I've ever played was ME3, and I just wanted Andromeda to copy that format exactly, which it looks like they have. So, yay.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
This does pique my interest a bit!

I spent an embarrassing number of hours engrossed in ME3's multiplayer. Even though it was glitchy, it was a hell of a lot of fun.

I'm still not hearing the ooooomph that ME3's combat had... I am going to wait for reviews before buying this one.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
skywolfblue said:

I spent an embarrassing number of hours engrossed in ME3's multiplayer. Even though it was glitchy, it was a hell of a lot of fun.

I'm still not hearing the ooooomph that ME3's combat had... I am going to wait for reviews before buying this one.
I loved sniping with my Geth Plasma Shotgun in the ME3 multiplayer :D

Hoping for more of the same ;)

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
RejjeN said:
skywolfblue said:

I loved sniping with my Geth Plasma Shotgun in the ME3 multiplayer :D

Hoping for more of the same ;)
I was horrible, horrible at the GPS.

That's one of the things that was really fascinating about ME3's multiplayer. There were so many guns that I had written off as completely unusable, but other people managed to thrive using them. So much diversity!

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
So basically the ME3 multiplayer? Not that I'm complaining, the ME3 MP was fucking awesome. If they keep the same standard of quality and substantial free updates I could see myself sinking loooooots of hours into this.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
loa said:
Would you like to complain about these newfangled motorised horses? Perhaps the network of tubes connecting the world? Perhaps you'd like to scoff at the idea of the average joe having a computer in their home?

I mean, that's what we're doing right? Complaining about 'new' things which are already proven. Go home "mass effect doesn't need mp" crowd, you lost, its just getting sad now.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Elijin said:
loa said:
Would you like to complain about these newfangled motorised horses? Perhaps the network of tubes connecting the world? Perhaps you'd like to scoff at the idea of the average joe having a computer in their home?

I mean, that's what we're doing right? Complaining about 'new' things which are already proven. Go home "mass effect doesn't need mp" crowd, you lost, its just getting sad now.
Are you really saying that multiplayer in all of the things is the future?
Because the gaming industry kinda moved past that phase, you know. And thank god for that.

Why don't you go do something useful with your time like cave paintings or hunting mammoths?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
loa said:
Elijin said:
loa said:

Are you really saying that multiplayer in all of the things is the future?
Because the gaming industry kinda moved past that phase, you know. And thank god for that.

Why don't you go do something useful with your time like cave paintings or hunting mammoths?
You really like to stretch in order to seem wise or clever or something, huh?

You're decrying who asked for this. You had to intentionally skip the previous title as you did so, because you knew the answer was 'the people who enjoyed it in ME3'. You're standing on a hill saying 'WHY DOES MASS EFFECT NEED MULTIPLAYER!?' in a world where mass effect multiplayer was a wild success, and arguably better received than the single player game.

Kind of hilarious you compared the interest in Mass Effect MP to cave painting or hunting mammoths. The ME series has run from 2007-2017. At this point half the titles have MP, and its been around for 7 years. Yet you apparently still don't get that it worked, people enjoy it and would be actively disappointed if it was not present.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Elijin said:
Your analogies just suck is all.
If your point isn't that "multiplayer is the future", maybe don't equate them to cars during horse carriage eras.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Your point can be condensed to 'Mass Effect MP? No one wants that, that'll never catch on.' Except it already did, and has. Hence the comparison to cars during the age of the horse drawn carriage (they were considered an eccentric waste of money, which while a neat novelty would never come to replace carriages as the primary form of transport). You just don't get things, apparently.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I was one of those doomsayers that thought multiplayer would ruin Mass Effect 3 (to be fair, something DID ruin ME3, only it was the fandom instead of the multiplayer), and I was pleased to be proven wrong. Ergo, I'm gonna be positive this time and say I'm really looking forward to Andromeda's multiplayer.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
A someone who loves the MP, after playing it for half a day, I have this to say:

Whoever made the call that they didn't need to run the MP beta needs to be writing their letter of resignation. Broken sound, hard freezes everywhere and network issues for days.