Get a First Look at Dishonored 2 Gameplay in this New E3 Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Get a First Look at Dishonored 2 Gameplay in this New E3 Trailer

The first gameplay trailer for Dishonored 2 was shown off onstage at E3 tonight. Watch it here.

Bethesda showed off a lot more of Dishonored 2 during their E3 press conference. In addition to plenty of on-stage commentary from Arkane Studios Co-creative Director Harvey Smith, we finally got a first look at the gameplay in the upcoming sequel.

The first gameplay trailer features a look at many of the game's new powers and abilities, the new setting, and just a few of the things you'll see along the way. There's also a pretty solid cover of "Gold Dust Woman."

The official description of the game reads:

Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2 - the next chapter in the award-winning Dishonored saga by Arkane Studios. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide. Will you choose to play as Empress Emily Kaldwin or the Royal Protector, Corvo Attano? Will you stalk your way through the game unseen, make full use of its brutal combat system, or use a blend of both? How will you combine your character's unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies? The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes, as you play through each of the game's hand-crafted missions.

Dishonored 2 is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on November 11, 2016.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Wow, color me impressed. While I expect less and less from DX:Mankind Divided* this is really ramping up.

Though some Darkness 2 moments in here, too.

*Still I would like to be surprised.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
This. Looks. Damn. Awesome. The first game had some stumbling points, but I loved it all the same, so I'm looking forward to this.

Wait. Was that Delilah? I thought I left her in a tree. How'd she get out?

Also, I'm pretty sure that's Billie Lurk. Wonder if Daud will put in an appearance.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
As long as they add in proper non-lethal options, I will remain interested. Or at least have bad guys worth killing.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Hnnng yesssssss

If it's just more of Dishonored 1 with more levels, enemies, mechanics, actual voice acting and a better story then I'm all in.

I always liked to think of D1 as a modern Thief remake and it makes me pretty glad to see something like this meriting a sequel from a major studio.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I got Dishonored 1 for free, and I still wanted my money back.

Apr 5, 2008
Shame the music can't compare to that from the first game's trailer. That rock/metal shanty rocked my world then, this one is not so memorable. The world looks very...Bioshock: Infinite-ish, and I spotted "The Darkness" tentacles. Anyway, I'll be playing this one way or another. The first wasn't great, but it was good enough that this gets some attention.

Jan 27, 2011
Ok, if people can see that corvo can snap his fingers and gank 3 people who have him surrounded, why the everloving hell does anyone cross him? That's just asking to die. XD

Anyway, looks like more of the first game, which is fine by me. It's been long enough, and I liked the first one quite a bit, for all its faults.

I do hope that there are more nonlethal powers/gadgets, though. That was a sore point in the first one for me.

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Hmm interesting, based on the trailer it is a more super natural and a bit creepy. I do hope they keep the stealth all the way through the game option as well as offer a game plus mode.

It has been awhile since I played the first one, maybe I will get some time to do a run through over a weekend.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
While I'm not a fan of the song itself, the lyrics are quite appropriate, considering what I know of the plot for Emily.

Looking forward to doing another stealthy shadow run of that game.