Get a Look at the First Gameplay Demo of Metal Gear Survive from Tokyo Game Show

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Get a Look at the First Gameplay Demo of Metal Gear Survive from Tokyo Game Show

Konami showed off the newest Metal Gear game at Tokyo Game Show, and now you can see the full demo here.

Over the weekend, Konami pulled the cover off the newest Metal Gear title, Metal Gear Survive. The new game is a four-player co-op title that looks to be a cross between Metal Gear Solid 5 and a zombie shooter. Note that the trailer is in Japanese, but subtitled in English.

The game appears to be a blend of stealth and action. You'll be able to build defenses to hold off the undead threat, including turrets. There's also some footage of melee kills as well. Long-time fans of the series might see something familiar - the Metal Gear Solid 3 system for healing yourself up. That means that you need to use the menu to select the limbs you need to heal.

Metal Gear Survive is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2017.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I must say it doesnt look as terrible as i thought it would.

And by that i mean compared to the shit-tier open world zombie survival trash cluttering Steam Early Access.

Just needs to throw some special infected in the mix, and theyll have a serviceable Left 4 Dead formula going.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Alright, it's open world (kinda) and... oh, my God... is that crafting? It has open world, zombies AND crafting! OK, who has more ideas of what else they can put into this game to make it any more generic?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
It would look kind of neat if it wasn't a Konami game. Lets see how it performs upon release. I can't imagine that the Konami brand will do too well now.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
Looks like something that was meant to be a part of MGS5. Like Mercenaries Mode in the Resident Evil games.

But they must have axed it, considering the game was already years late and dozens of millions of dollars overbudget.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
From that footage, it seems like they made an exact copy of MGSV but filled the same world with zombies instead, plus some added gameplay gimmicks.

That said, given that MGSV was so enjoyable gameplay-wise, even a lazy effort like that might still be worth playing.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
CaitSeith said:
Alright, it's open world (kinda) and... oh, my God... is that crafting? It has open world, zombies AND crafting! OK, who has more ideas of what else they can put into this game to make it any more generic?
Konami quickly shuffle Preston Garvey out of the game

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
CaitSeith said:
Well, if they're aiming for generic, the next step is to place markers with loot/money fodder to find on the map, and several identical camps to liberate/purge of zombies. Oh and have unlimited repeatable missions in the exact same locations, with only slightly varying objectives.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
CaitSeith said:
By not adding anything more - as anything else would make it less generic, due most zombie survival games having just "Zombies", "Open World" and "Crafting"

Oh, wait, we already know we got a full base and stealth as addional mechanics.