Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
Sparrow said:
SAMURAJ said:
The solution:burn down England !!!
Everybody wins !!
Hey! I live here dammit!

hazabaza1 said:
So how many times do you think she's been on the Jeremy Kyle show?
She's probably got a weekly pass and a membership card.

"Oh, Miss Racist! How nice to see you again! We have a camera set up on stage 4 for your racist ramblings today."

Supascoot said:
I love England...
so full of nice...oh
Tom Milner said:
i don't want to live on this planet anymore
Firstly, don't be a dick bro. Secondly, she is of a very tiny minority of assholes in England. We're actually generally nice, queue-loving people.

LilithSlave said:
I don't know whether Escapist is lagging again, whether there's several threads on this topic and I'm confusing them all together as the same, or whether I had an error in my last post and it'll never go through.

But I would like to ask again, just our of curiosity, since I don't know if I want to give such a video a view, ... how is this different from internet trolling and trolling in general? Is trolling a crime now?
I think it was because she seemed to be intentionally inciting violence. She was surrounded by black people and started shouting "FUCKING BLACK PEOPLE GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!" to incite some violence, which she nearly DID until that guy behind her was calmed down in a rather quiet manner.

-KC- said:
I feel sorry for the kid who's being raised by such a *****. I hope that she won't influence him at least.
The father is most likely not with them and, if my short time learning the rather pointless subject of sociology is anything to go by, means that the kid will solely rely on its mother for opinions, guidance ect...

So in other words, the kid is royally fucked.

Octogunspunk said:
this isnt my name said:
Tell me wherehe incited violence, I didnt read anything along the lines of "these people should be shot if they dont leave" she didnt say anything violent, she was hostile, but thats not inciting violene.
Exactly, but since the draconian Race Relations Act even those comments can be interpreted as inciting violence. It's warped beyond belief.
She stood up on a train full of black people and shouted "FUCK ALL THESE BLACK PEOPLE"
for about six minutes. She wanted them to hear the bullshit she was saying to cause violence, and she very nearly did just that.
That's exactly it. If she was American I believe she'd be arrested for Disturbing the peace and the harassment of others. Freedom of speech is not a get out of jail free card. There are limitations to it.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Vanguard_Ex said:
MaxwellEdison said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
And here we come.

She's massively fucking stupid, but that shouldn't be a crime. *I recognize that it is in that country*, but it shouldn't be. I'd rather have crazy assholes on my tram than a government that can arrest me for being a dick.
Why shouldn't it be? Do you not have a right not to be attacked for your genetics just because some prick can't exercise self-restraint? You can't honestly say you'd ever verbally abuse someone for something like that in public, right?
No, you don't have that right. You don't have a right to not be offended. And no, I wouldn't. I also could honestly say I'd never raise a child to be religious, or drink excessive amounts of alcohol alone in my bedroom. Note that none of these activities should be illegal, mainly because they do not physically harm anyone. The government cannot be in the business of arresting people who offend others, because everyone offends someone. Added to the fact that arresting them does absolutely nothing to solve the issue.

DemonicPancakes

Sep 13, 2010
I'd just like to say that I'm from the American "Deep South" - one of the most stereotypically racist and xenophobic areas that I know of - and I haven't seen someone that overtly racist in my life. I know KKK members (not the smartest bunch, those neo-nazis, and I don't associate with them outside of classes for fear of catching ignorance like it's some sort of contagious virus, but I've talked with them) and they're not as blatant about it, even when their drunk.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that she should be shot into the deepest reaches of space and left to chat with whatever creatures reside within.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
MaxwellEdison said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
MaxwellEdison said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
And here we come.

She's massively fucking stupid, but that shouldn't be a crime. *I recognize that it is in that country*, but it shouldn't be. I'd rather have crazy assholes on my tram than a government that can arrest me for being a dick.
Why shouldn't it be? Do you not have a right not to be attacked for your genetics just because some prick can't exercise self-restraint? You can't honestly say you'd ever verbally abuse someone for something like that in public, right?
No, you don't have that right. You don't have a right to not be offended. And no, I wouldn't. I also could honestly say I'd never raise a child to be religious, or drink excessive amounts of alcohol alone in my bedroom. Note that none of these activities should be illegal, mainly because they do not physically harm anyone. The government cannot be in the business of arresting people who offend others, because everyone offends someone. Added to the fact that arresting them does absolutely nothing to solve the issue.
I don't mean a right as in a politically or legally granted right, I mean a right as a normal person just trying to go about their daily life as usual. If you would never use the privilege of being horrendous to someone, why complain about the lack of it?

That's all good apart from the fact that the very thing we're discussing here is not related to physical harm. We're talking mental harm here. I think this kind of thing goes a little past simply offending people. Offending someone is a crude joke or mocking their hairstyle, however the word isn't really strong enough to describe being racially abused on a public tram carriage. You're right, maybe the government delves too much into private lives at times, and I wouldn't go as far as to dispute whether or not arresting her would make a real difference to her behaviour. But justice must be seen to be done.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
"You wern English... My Britain is fuck-all now...My British is fuck-all".

It's a funny video, in a sad sort of way. Ethnic hatreds build up, and the other is blamed for all the country's woes. I'm sure the child will grow up to be a wonderful racist too (praise mothers).

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
She would've gotten her ass beat in an instant if she didn't have that her kid with her. I hope to god he doesn't grow up to be like her, and I certainly hope that that experience didn't shake him up too much. People like her deserve to have their kids taken away.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
pilgrumator said:
I'd just like to say that I'm from the American "Deep South" - one of the most stereotypically racist and xenophobic areas that I know of - and I haven't seen someone that overtly racist in my life. I know KKK members (not the smartest bunch, those neo-nazis, and I don't associate with them outside of classes for fear of catching ignorance like it's some sort of contagious virus, but I've talked with them) and they're not as blatant about it, even when their drunk.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that she should be shot into the deepest reaches of space and left to chat with whatever creatures reside within.
Not even in the deep south eh? Yeah I thought I'd been lied-to about the extent of the racism in the deep south. It is probably just as bad in N.T Australia (where I am from) and perhaps worse in Britain.

Nergy

Jul 21, 2011
Just so everyone is clear. Her arrest wasn't just because she said racist things. If that was the case thousands of people on youtube would be in jail.

She's arrested because she was causing a public disturbance and aggressive behaviour as well inciting racial hatred. I knew people would pull the "it's her freedom of speech" but what she is doing is not freedom of speech, it's harassment.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Vanguard_Ex said:
I don't mean a right as in a politically or legally granted right, I mean a right as a normal person just trying to go about their daily life as usual. If you would never use the privilege of being horrendous to someone, why complain about the lack of it?

That's all good apart from the fact that the very thing we're discussing here is not related to physical harm. We're talking mental harm here. I think this kind of thing goes a little past simply offending people. Offending someone is a crude joke or mocking their hairstyle, however the word isn't really strong enough to describe being racially abused on a public tram carriage. You're right, maybe the government delves too much into private lives at times, and I wouldn't go as far as to dispute whether or not arresting her would make a real difference to her behaviour. But justice must be seen to be done.
Snipped previous comments for simplicity.
No, I don't think you have that either. People will be crazy assholes, and we need to be able to get over that. And again, that argument doesn't make sense - there are a lot of things that I think should not be jailable offenses that I don't partake in and I consider terrible. "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

And I *seriously* doubt that this caused mental harm to anyone. Someone moron spouting abuse is not traumatic - note the first complaint lodged by another rider was "Watch your language, my kid's here." Justice has not been done. No one got harmed, and no one has been taught a lesson. Justice shouldn't even enter into this discussion.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
mr. awesome said:
Oh, look, she has a kid.

Scrath one up for the neo-nazis... *sigh*
To be honest thats proberly the saddest thing about this vid... I just pray the kid has enough brain cells to block out his mums shit.

Virtual-Goose

Dec 4, 2010
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

hmm... your right, we should punish people who express an unpopular opinion! I mean why let people have the freedom to express themselves?! Outrageous! *sarcasm*

Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
Well since it is a crime to incite racial hatred. yes?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
It's a damn good thing I wasn't on that tram. She would've had a five minute plus tirade yelled into her face. If just that. Seriously. She needs a cold, hard slap to the face to get her back to reality.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't advocate violence and I would never and will never hit a woman. But see, she's not a woman. She's just a cold-hearted, moronic, racist *****. So I think we can make an exception.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
pulse2 said:
My point wasn't which country does it better but which country makes it more accessible to illegal immigrants and new immigrants alike. There's no point going to a country with the best healthcare in the world if you are not entitled to that healthcare when you get there.

Don't know if you have been paying attention to foreign policies, but France is a lot less forgiving of foreigners and their new cultures then we are, what we accept here, they won't accept there. Headscarves for one example are banned in France, which means Muslim women cannot cover their faces in public, they are strict on that, with two women only recently being taken to court over it. Over here muslim women wear headscarves like no one's business. Its gotten to the point where relatively new immigrants are deciding what we eat and how we behave, alas the controversy.
Of course i'm paying attention to foreign policies ;) I'm only aware of the basics of the domestic politics in France but as far as i know only the wearing of headscarves in schools is forbidden as well as the wearing of burkas (full body concealment) but maybe a Frenchman can give some details here...

But that sort of controversy or debate is more of a media spectacle than a real reference of how well the living conditions of immigrants are in a country..

I was only asking the question what the foundation of your supposition was, because i didn't know hard facts in this case for sure and i thought you would support your theory with statistics, or an academic paper/essay on that matter...

I know that the healthcare and welfare systems of the UK are good and accessible for immigrants but it would be more interesting to see if they are really more desirable for immigrants than those of Germany, France, Scandinavian countries (based on a profound juristic, economic and sociological comparsion of the living conditions)

According to my present knowledge the immigration to the UK was mainly based on those "privileged" relationships with a colonial or post colonial character. And the migration flow was concentrated on the african and asian countries with colonial relations. Those area of origins of the immigrants have little geographical overlappings with the main groups of people immigrating to France and Germany. So the argument that they are just passing in transit can't be true.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Volf99 said:
hmm... your right, we should punish people who express an unpopular opinion! I mean why let people have the freedom to express themselves?! Outrageous! *sarcasm*

Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
Except that's not what Vanguard said and not what happened. I'm curious, do you legitimately not understand what's going on, or are you actually trying to support racism through dishonesty?