Get Ready For The Director's Cut Of Heavy Rain

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010

Sony's giving Heavy Rain some special edition treatment and selling the game at a Greatest Hits price.

David Cage may maintain that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113362-Heavy-Rain-Creator-The-U-S-Has-Problems-With-My-Games>folks in the United States don't like his games, but that doesn't mean <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Rain-Greatest-Hits-Playstation-3/dp/B002CZ38KA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320382697&sr=8-1>Heavy Rain wasn't critically acclaimed and didn't sell well (in fact, <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_rain#Sales>gamers bought over 2 million copies). Sony seems to be aware of the fact that the title is truly something special, though, and it's just announced that the game is getting a Director's Cut re-release.

According to the PlayStation Blog, Heavy Rain: Director's Cut is going to have a ton of extras included within:

? Complete, original game, Heavy Rain
? Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 - The Taxidermist DLC
? Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks)
? New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support
? A series of 8 "Making of" Bonus Videos
? Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars)
? 15 additional pieces of new concept art
? 2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer)

Additionally, SCEA will make Heavy Rain Crime Scene Dynamic Theme free via the PlayStation Network. This offer will become effective when the game starts to ship on November 8th. Oh, and before you ask: The game will still sell for $29.99.

Source: PlayStation Blog

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
I read expecting to see 15 hours of unseen footage. Can't complain for the price though..

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Directors cut my ass. Nothing new really. I'll stick with my copy of the original. I recommend a playthrough to anyone who hasn't played it.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Eri said:
Directors cut my ass. Nothing new really. I'll stick with my copy of the original. I recommend a playthrough to anyone who hasn't played it.
I moreso recommend a good LP of it, to be honest. It's a movie, so why not watch it as one?

OK, so that wasn't that funny

OT: Don't own a PS3. I watched a LP already. I doubt I'll play it anyways. Press X to Jason.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Will the story make sense in this one? I played though indigo prophecy, and i sorta figured out what was going on, But this... nope

And what does that tell you?!

Also, its funny that sonny will treat this more like a movie then a game but putting out a directer cut instead of a game of the year or classics, or whatever

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
(crosses fingers) Please release for the PC. Please release for the PC. Please release for the PC. Please release for the PC.

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
CM156 said:
OT: Don't own a PS3. I watched a LP already. I doubt I'll play it anyways. Press X to Jason.
From what I understand, it's actually very different every time you play it, meaning watching a LP means really not getting the full experience.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
I'm still angry that their "chronicles" was basicly a single tech demo from a trade show and didn't bother to make anything else. Hell even Valve got all the way up to Episode 2 before they forgot how to count.A "directors cut" would indicate adding in new gameplay or at least something that wasn't there before. At the time I really wanted to like the game. I beat it, got bored by the fact there would be no additional DLC, and sold it to gamestop.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
This is actually pretty cool. I've 100 dollars to spend when I head to Target on the 10th, so after buying UN3, I'll still have fourty bucks for this and some Subway. My parents have yet to play this and all of the free stuff (especially the soundtrack) is just icing on the cake. Sure, there's no new stuff, but it'll be good to just play this after a year has gone by.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
Amgeo said:
CM156 said:
From what I understand, it's actually very different every time you play it, meaning watching a LP means really not getting the full experience.
Storyline choices and failures to complete specific tasks can result in main characters dying.

But even with that, I have to agree that it's more of an "Interactive Movie" than a "Game".

I don't hold that against it, I enjoyed it immensely, but I do wish we'd just file it as an entirely new concept and hope that someone makes something else like it, 'cus it's not a bad idea.

You just can't package it as a "game" and not expect an uproar.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
FogHornG36 said:
Will the story make sense in this one? I played though indigo prophecy, and i sorta figured out what was going on, But this... nope
I call shenanigans. After having played it, I'm convinced that not even the writers of Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit knew what was going on in that game.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Oh great, eight whole "making of" videos. Just what we wanted, more David Cage. I think we can all do without that overdose of obnoxious, thank you.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Amgeo said:
CM156 said:
The story can unwind in different ways, but the main antagonist is always the same person, meaning after you've completed it once, it kinda loses its appeal. If they changed the antagonist each time (perfectly feasible, because there were many potential suspects) then it would have been a much better game.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
The listed bonus content is nice, but what makes it a "Directors Cut?"

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
vansau said:

So they've changed the ending?
Filled in the "hippo" sized plot holes?
Given you more than one ending?

vansau said:
? Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars)
Wow, now I'm giddy

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Mmm no word about the European release as yet. I've not actually played it and avoided anything about it in an attempt to not spoil it when I do play it. Will get this if/when they release the Director's Cut in Europe.