Get Ready for Thousands of Deadpools in a Zombie Apocalypse

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Get Ready for Thousands of Deadpools in a Zombie Apocalypse

What's more terrifying - thousands of zombies or thousands of Deadpools?

Marvel's Return of the Living Deadpool #1 will release in stores and digitally on Feb. 4 with tons of undead Deadpools.

During a zombie apocalypse, in an interview. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/deadpool]

A preview of the comic shows off a few pages and a variant cover by Ryan Stegman.

With a lot of zombies, that then means a lot of Deadpools. Of course, the different factions of Deadpools don't get along, snarky mouth and all. Even Deadpool can't stand Deadpool.

Earlier this month (spoilers) Nerdist reported Deadpool will be meeting his end [http://www.nerdist.com/2015/01/exclusive-gerry-duggan-jordan-d-white-death-of-deadpool-marvel-comics-deadpool-250-aka-45/] in his series' 45th issue (also known as the 250th if you include other mini-series), so if you're really into the character, you'll probably want to grab anything he's in right now.

Working with Benn on Return of the Living Deadpool is artist Nik Virella, a Marvel newcomer, whose art for the comic uses a lot of black and white splashing with red that looks similar to Night of the Living Deadpool.

Return of the Living Deadpool #1 will be available to read starting on February 4.

[gallery=3710]

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
Wait, are they killing off Deadpool because Fox might be giving him a movie? I know it's comics, and character deaths and resurrections are commonplace but it still seems dumb, because I really love Deadpool. Though I know not everyone shares that sentiment.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Reporting a comic book character will die is like clarifying it'll stop raining at some point.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
First Wolverine, now Deadpool. If this trend keeps up Marvel isn't going to have many popular characters left to sell comic books with.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Disney owns Marvel and they do not care about the comics at all. They care about film/TV/merchandise rights and if they don't have them cancel it.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
But...I want my Deadpool movie...

Anyway, I've never read a Deadpool comic. I'm not even really all that familiar with the character to be honest. But this comic sounds hilarious, so I think I might actually pick it up when it comes out.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
A comic book superhero is "dying" and people honestly think that will be the end of anything? Yeah, pardom me while I go laugh hysterically in the corner. Saying a superhero is dead is like saying Nintendo won't make Mario games, Activision won't make CoD anymore, etc. because we all know that these things never end. Not even taking into account the monetary aspects of any of these, it's just easier to drag any sort of IP on ad infinitum than come up with something new. So is Deadpool going to go away? Not a chance.

popa_qwerty

Dec 21, 2010
WTF I literally just got in to comics. First they kill my favorite Hero replace him with a villain than bring him back in the most anti-climatic way. Than they kill my favorite X-Man and now they are killing off my second favorite. What is a new person to comics suppose to do after hearing this? BTW that is a real Question

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
popa_qwerty said:
WTF I literally just got in to comics. First they kill my favorite Hero replace him with a villain than bring him back in the most anti-climatic way. Than they kill my favorite X-Man and now they are killing off my second favorite. What is a new person to comics suppose to do after hearing this? BTW that is a real Question
I suppose you should start reading comics that Disney own film rights to.

I'll join the "yeah, that'll stick" chorus. Killing him won't even work to boost sales anymore, but taking him out of print is just bad business sense.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Please, since when does a superhero stayed dead forever unless they are a minor superhero? I mean sure a certain X-men member had bite the dust but we shall see how long it will take for him to return one way or another?