Get Six Indie Games for the Price of One

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Get Six Indie Games for the Price of One

Has the single life left you with a bit of extra cash after Valentine's Day? You could do a lot worse than the Indie Love Bundle, a collection of six great indie games for $20.

Sure, the only Valentine you got this year was from your mom, you sat inside playing BioShock 2 all weekend while your "couple" friends got busy and you're beginning to suspect that no one will ever really love you. But you know who does love you? The good folks involved in the Indie Love Bundle, who for the next two and a half days are selling their games for a fraction of their retail price.

For $20, you get six of the most acclaimed indie titles of the last year, including:

And Yet It Moves, a mind-bending, gravity-warping platformer with a ripped-paper look
Indie Developer Showcase)
Machinarium, a richly detailed point-and-click adventure
Aztaka, a 2D sidescrolling RPG set in a world of Aztec mythology
Osmos, an ambient cell-based puzzle game
Eufloria (formerly Dyson), an IGF-award-winning horticultural RTS

Each game is available for Windows PC, while all but Eufloria and Aztaka are also available for Mac. So don't delay! These developers only have so much love to give - after 60 hours, they're moving on to greener (read: pricier) pastures.

(And if you must know, it's not them, it's you.)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ive played Eufloria and I loved it, great little fun game!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
great deal, unfortunately (luckily?) i already own all of them with the exception of Aztaka, which cost 15 on its own.

but as always i doesn't pay off buying a game at release.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee i'm either old or completely out of it , i've never heard of these games , and no it ain't me it is them ... no seriously its them , the bastards

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
And Yet it Moves is great. Too bad they never fixed the bug (or at least I've never seen a fix) that causes the Mac version to not be able to load any level besides the first from the menu. It was fun, but not worth going through the entire game in one sitting.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Jaredin said:
Ive played Eufloria and I loved it, great little fun game!
I played the IGF version back when it was called Dyson, and I would've gladly given them $5 for it on the spot, even though it was very limited and not really a full game. Then the final version came out and was $20, and I thought that was pretty ridiculous. It's entertaining, but it's not $20's worth of entertainment, at least to me.

But hey, now I get to play it, because it's worth it with all the rest of that stuff thrown in. Already grabbed it a few days ago when they first put the bundle up, since I'd been waiting for that and Machinarium to go on sale. Osmos doesn't really do it for me (played the demo when it first came out, and while I like the idea, after a couple levels I just wasn't having fun anymore), but Auditorium is great, and my friend recommended And Yet It Moves to me after getting it a couple months ago, so that was already on my list, too.

Too bad I already have so many things I need to play that I picked up in the Steam holiday sale. Now I'm buried under a pile of good games. Better go finish Zeno Clash today or something so I can at least cross one off. Heh.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Jordan Deam said:
Sure, the only Valentine you got this year was from your mom, you sat inside playing BioShock 2 all weekend while your "couple" friends got busy and you're beginning to suspect that no one will ever really love you.
... That really hit way too close to home...
Gee thanks Jordan
*runs off to cry*

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
jimduckie said:
gee i'm either old or completely out of it , i've never heard of these games , and no it ain't me it is them ... no seriously its them , the bastards
I think that is because these games are indie. I've only heard about Eufloria and that was because I went to Metacritics to check the scores of a few games and some statistics.

sramota

Aug 1, 2009
swaki said:
great deal, unfortunately (luckily?) i already own all of them with the exception of Aztaka, which cost 15 on its own.

but as always i doesn't pay off buying a game at release.
Second this actually.
Bloody brilliant games on that note.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Machinarium usually costs that much on its own. I'd almost be willing to pay that, so it'd be rude not to get it when there's five others thrown in... even if I wouldn't play Auditorium, played it before and, yeah, I've never known such a frustrating 'chillout' game.

(Slightly aside: check out the Samorost games by the people who made Machinarium, if you haven't already.)

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
I already own Osmos, (bought it in the Steam Sale) so the package is a bit less tempting for me.
(I acutally like Osmos, its tough, but workable, and can be fun in short doses!)

I have a question though, can I still get these games and download them even though I'm in the UK, (I assume you can, as the Telltale store deals in dollars as well, and I can always pay via paypal), and do the indie games have any form of DRM. I already have Steam and don't want to clutter up my PC!

EDIT: I bought it! It comes to £13.06 for us in the UK, Mechanarium is currently on Steam for £14.99 I get extra games, (and I can always gift Osmos to my best friend!)

(I hope I'm not gonna regret this! Xp )

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
I already own Osmos too, so I wonder if I can give some of these games away of if they're all together, all in one no way to get rid of once purchased thing?

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
I already own Osmos too, so I wonder if I can give some of these games away of if they're all together, all in one no way to get rid of once purchased thing?
You can gift games Individually.

Just played some Auditorium.
Twas suspicious that it was a online flash game, but its acutally very fun.

Aztaka seems to be the heaviest download though, so I expect it to be either very prettiful or very big!

EDIT: Just had a quick go on Euflora, and I like that game so far. I imagine the game will become more like an RTS as it goes, but its more of a light RTS by my gathering, (which is good, as some RTS' can get mind bogglingly complicated! XD)

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Urgh... only Machinarium and As They Move seem interesting but I'm not going to buy the bundle only for 1/3 of the games (Yes I realise that it's only $20, saving $65 so I'm paying less that 1/4 for a 1/3 of the games but still...).

They should've done something such reducing each game to $5-7 so that it was $30-42 separately or $20 for the lot.