Get Yggdra Union Free With Knights in the Nightmare Preorders

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Get Yggdra Union Free With Knights in the Nightmare Preorders

Atlus is giving away free copies of Knights in the Nightmare [http://www.amazon.com/Yggdra-Union-Sony-PSP/dp/B001ATAIH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1288885765&sr=8-1], the soon-to-be-released RPG for the PSP.

Some preorder bonuses are better than others, but you won't find many that can top a two-for-one game deal. That's what PlayStation Network [http://www.atlus.com/].

A "strategy-shooter RPG," Knights in the Nightmare was originally released in Japan in September 2008 on the Nintendo DS before hitting North American shores in June 2009. Yggdra Union started life as a Game Boy Advance title that came out all the way back in 2006 before getting a PSP overhaul for the Japanese market in January 2008. It arrived in North America in September that same year. Both games are part of the Riviera: The Promised Land [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dept._Heaven] and two unreleased titles.

Knights in the Nightmare comes out on the PSP in North America on November 9. For more information and preorder links, check out atlus.com [http://www.atlus.com/knightspsp/purchase.html].

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Riviera...Really good memories of that on GBA and then again on PSP. And a few...perverted...ones.

Never got around to Yggdra Union on the GBA, or Knights in the Nightmare on the DS. I'll have to remedy that soon.

PSP owners really shouldn't pass this up, though. I've heard great things about KitN, and a free game is always a nice bonus.

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
I'm looking at this from my home in the UK and wondering if it's worth going after. I know PSP games aren't region locked (like most portable console games) and that amazon.com do international deliveries...so I do wonder if it will work as I know a few US store items can block out some European store content when downloaded onto the PSP (something to do with conflicting users)

If only Atlus had a European branch but this might actually be worth going for all the same. Thanks for the news Andy!

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Riviera...Really good memories of that on GBA and then again on PSP. And a few...perverted...ones.

Never got around to Yggdra Union on the GBA, or Knights in the Nightmare on the DS. I'll have to remedy that soon.

PSP owners really shouldn't pass this up, though. I've heard great things about KitN, and a free game is always a nice bonus.
And let's not forget all of those OH SO FUCKING FUN MINIGAMES HUH?

Then again, I only played it on an emulator and abused the hell out of save states, so I get the feeling I enjoyed the game more than most players did. And even then that LP over on Something Awful right now is better than the actual game.

Feb 13, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:

[HEADING=3]Hi, I'm Chris Hansen from NBC. Why don't you have a seat over there?[/HEADING]

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Some preorder bonuses are better than others, but you won't find many that can top a two-for-one game deal.
I can find at least one that is better. A two-for-one game deal that comes on actual physical media.

Admittingly, this is looking into the mouth of a gifted horse and it's still a nice pre-order bonus regardless. But I think one of the major weaknesses of digital distribution (among many others) is that digital copies don't make for very good gifts. There is just something about handing over an actual physical object that provides a sense of sentimental value and satisfaction that a dinky download code just can't provide.

That aside, I am interested in this game. The post-apocalyptic premise is just awesome. However, I am wondering how the PSP version will work gameplay-wise, since the DS version relies preety heavily on the stylus as far as I know.