Getting Famous - Who wants to be A Superstar?

HesGotFlow

Aug 6, 2014
Hell yeah. I'd totally be doing the world a favor by gracing them with my outstanding personality and presence. My linguistic capability would only come second to my witful charm.

A week ago when I first came across the term "SJW" I imagined literate philanthropists passionately fighting for the less fortunate in the name of justice (on mounted horseback ofcourse) and I thought to myself "Gee, do horses need a driving license to ride." But my point is.. I wanted to become an "SJW" too and join my valiant brothers in their quest for equality and humanism. So imagine my surprise when I realized "SJW" was a derogatory term for flamers that didn't actually accomplish much of anything. And that's when it hit me. I vowed to preserve the integrity of the games industry and become a journalistic Batman-of-a-kind..

I'd strike at dawn when most nocturnal journalists are asleep and hack into their computers- logging into their Twitters and Reddits and editing out typos from their drafts, double checking their sources on articles (citing appropriate sources ofc), turning their angry rants into meaningful criticisms in their game reviews, and all this while occasional fixing broken code; in a valiant effort to rid the games industry from corruption, and save the world in the process through incorruptible measures.

^ I felt a compulsive need to share my origin story, and how I'd become famous, presumably becoming ruler of the world too. And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

PS- I suppose I also need a superhero name. Hmm [Vigilanteism intensifies]

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I used to want to be famous. I also used to want to be rich.

Now I just want to create my art and have people enjoy it enough that I can make enough money to live off of. I don't see the point in being rich anymore because it just gives you more money to spend on shit you don't need.

I would like to become more prominent in my profession though, but only because I love talking about it and I'd love people to interview me and ask me questions about what is essentially my hobby cum profession.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Avalanche91 said:
Well, yeah I want to be famous. It would be delightful if I could make a living of my writing.

I don't want to be Robert Downey Jr. or Daniel Radcliffe famous, certainly not Stephanie Meyers famous, more like a E-list celebrity. You know, enough money to retire early and live comfortably for the rest of my days while only minimally bothered by the press and whatnot.
I've noticed a lot of people like to be famous for writing, which is predictable to have so many creative minds here. What if you're known for writing but not in the way you wanted?

What if you want t be a novelist, yet your most remembered work is a screenplay you made for cash, or a translation of a novel?
I think I'd be pretty okay with it. After all, I'd be famous out of recognition for my work. Unless I'd be famous in a Stephanie Meyers kinda way. I can deal with criticism but the amount of hate she had to put up with is maddening. Not sure how I would deal with that.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
No thanks, I would rather keep what little sanity I have left. If I see what kind of shit I would have to put up with, which comes with being superstar level famous, then I cannot say that I would ever want such a life. I would probably be miserable for the rest of my life, no amount of money is worth that.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I think I could handle the fame. Not sure what I would be famous for, captcha says "nautical phrases", but I highly doubt that.

The lack of privacy wouldn't be that big of a problem, because with that kinda money I could live in luxury bunker & get that Iron Man suit developed. Or just be me & not give a damn & sit around in my underwear playing video games when I'm not being famous. I gotta have a gold toilet though.

Famous. Infamous. It's all good.

"All hands on deck"

"Batten down the hatches"

"Cut of his jib"

"Davy Jones' locker"

Am I famous yet?....

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Avalanche91 said:
TheIronRuler said:
Avalanche91 said:
Well, yeah I want to be famous. It would be delightful if I could make a living of my writing.

I don't want to be Robert Downey Jr. or Daniel Radcliffe famous, certainly not Stephanie Meyers famous, more like a E-list celebrity. You know, enough money to retire early and live comfortably for the rest of my days while only minimally bothered by the press and whatnot.
I've noticed a lot of people like to be famous for writing, which is predictable to have so many creative minds here. What if you're known for writing but not in the way you wanted?

What if you want t be a novelist, yet your most remembered work is a screenplay you made for cash, or a translation of a novel?
I think I'd be pretty okay with it. After all, I'd be famous out of recognition for my work. Unless I'd be famous in a Stephanie Meyers kinda way. I can deal with criticism but the amount of hate she had to put up with is maddening. Not sure how I would deal with that.
I think you mean "being infamous", i.e. getting bad publicity. That's nasty, of course, though I wasn't talking about it. I'm thinking more of "I want to be a famous author!", and then you become America's Next Top Model, or something along those lines. You get the fame, but not for what you want.