Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
GhislaineMaxwell Trial set to open in New York Monday 11-29

Will you be following this story?

What will you hope to learn?

I will but don't anticipate many revelations. As Turd Flinging Monkey is warning, even courts are part of an establishment that will protect its own.

But maybe, just maybe, we will find out about some of the major powers in this world abusing power, the law, and underage girls. Maybe we'll be on a course towards justice.

We'll see.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I will but don't anticipate many revelations. As Turd Flinging Monkey is warning, even courts are part of an establishment that will protect its own.
Ghislaine Maxwell might be upper class, but she's not really "establishment".

She might, however, be able to hire very expensive lawyers: and that always improves ones chances.

Reactions: gorfias

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

She might, however, be able to hire very expensive lawyers: and that always improves ones chances.
I think the idea is more that we shouldn't expect to hear much about certain princes or former presidents of the United States as a result of this trial.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
What do I hope to learn?!

Man, I dont think hope is the right word here. Maybe dismay. Disgusted. Perhaps vomit. Not hope

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Oddly she'd on the edge of it thanks to her connection to Epstein who was very much in deep with a lot of powerful people.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I think the idea is more that we shouldn't expect to hear much about certain princes or former presidents of the United States as a result of this trial.
I'm not sure we should unless they have some direct relevance, otherwise we risk even more of a circus rather than a trial.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Thank you, that is what I meant. That if it were to be relevant to include information about important people, we wouldn't hear about it as the courts will protect them too.
I'm not sure we should unless they have some direct relevance, otherwise we risk even more of a circus rather than a trial.
I don't know what charges are against her.
Rape Island was a honey pot. It was meant to ensnare powerful people and then get them to act accordingly under threat of black mail.
Every such act/entrapment could/should be a charge against her. That would mean inpleading the ensnared. I'm pretty sure that will not happen.

Reviewing:

EDIT: Looks like they are keeping the charges very specific to her interactions with minors, rather than what she intended to do with them in her conspiracy with Epstein to use the minors in a honey pot.

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands

She might not be part of the establishment in the sense that she's got an official role in the government but if you're in the upper class and regularly mingle with presidents, celebrities and royalty alike then aren't you at least part of the establishment to some extend?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Not much hope of anything from this trial. Life is nothing but injustice coated disappointment with despair flavoured filling. The best use of this perved up socialite is to sentence her as the first human test subject for the prototype 'memory extraction' device that needs to exist ASAP. It would be like Black Mirror, but more disturbing than anything TV could show.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
She might not be part of the establishment in the sense that she's got an official role in the government but if you're in the upper class and regularly mingle with presidents, celebrities and royalty alike then aren't you at least part of the establishment to some extend?
Depends how much they like you.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Depends how much they like you.
I don't think it does. No ones likes Donald Trump but as a corrupt businessman(essentially the ruling class in the US) and someone who's always mingled with the political upper class Trump's anti establishment credentials were always fake. You can't be anti establishment if you're close to Rudy Coludy and go to Clinton weddings.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
When you're in, you're in; when you're out, you're out, and they won't be returning your calls.

Maxwell is a sort of hanger-on. She's not old money with pedigree. Daddy was a self-made media magnate, but as daddy's media empire collapsed ignominiously with more debts than assets, no vast wealth either (albeit still rich, as with all such people they have millions tucked away even as their businesses evaporate). A reason to hang about with Epstein, who can provide her with the lifestyle she got used to but her own money can't come close to supporting. And to be fair, Epstein was probably very charming and manipulative, too.

She's not a player, not one of the proper elites. She was more like staff. No-one's going to go out of their way to bat for the PA, accountant or butler either, especially when it turns out their patron abused children. She'll have some minor connections left. But if she's got any influence, it's more likely to be blackmail. Problem is, if she's got blackmail, if it comes out then it sinks her as well.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Not much hope of anything from this trial. Life is nothing but injustice coated disappointment with despair flavoured filling. The best use of this perved up socialite is to sentence her as the first human test subject for the prototype 'memory extraction' device that needs to exist ASAP. It would be like Black Mirror, but more disturbing than anything TV could show.
Just to point this out but you know that episode of Black Mirror was about the idea of why justice as judged by the mob and not courts is bad right?

She's not a player, not one of the proper elites. She was more like staff. No-one's going to go out of their way to bat for the PA, accountant or butler either, especially when it turns out their patron abused children. She'll have some minor connections left. But if she's got any influence, it's more likely to be blackmail. Problem is, if she's got blackmail, if it comes out then it sinks her as well.
If you're going down anyway who knows what she may spill because why the hell not if you're going to jail for life as it is bring down some of those who didn't shot up to help protect or shield you?

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Just to point this out but you know that episode of Black Mirror was about the idea of why justice as judged by the mob and not courts is bad right?
Shame you lot didn't follow that advice with Gary Condit and Terry Schiavo's husband.

And still dont' follow it with Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Shame you lot didn't follow that advice with Gary Condit and Terry Schiavo's husband.
who-korath-the-pursuer.gif

And still dont' follow it with Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden.
Right because weird how neither have even got to court and the worst people wanted was them in prison for supposed corruption and not turning her into a perpetually tortured sideshow at some kind of messed up theme park.......

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Not sure what one you're referring to, I was talking of the show as a whole for exploring such concepts. But am mostly certain there's more than 3 different episodes that cover such morals, it does have a slight issue with recycling certain points like that unfortunately. However, am also sure none of them involve sympathising with a self-serving billionaire child sex trafficking socialite groomer too. Certain extremes of lifestyle choices are beyond redemption. Also not sure how mob justice was implied, but oh well. Nonetheless, Ghislaine will be glad to know there's at least one member of the public out there defending her honour. I'll leave you to proudly hold the ground on that baffling hill.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Is she applying for Not Guilty?

I thought the point of this trial is that she's gonna make a plea deal to get a lighter sentence of she name names of those involved in the sex trafficking and the customers that were patronizing the business.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Not sure what one you're referring to, I was talking of the show as a whole for exploring such concepts. But am mostly certain there's more than 3 different episodes that cover such morals, it does have a slight issue with recycling certain points like that unfortunately. However, am also sure none of them involve sympathising with a self-serving billionaire child sex trafficking socialite groomer too. Certain extremes of lifestyle choices are beyond redemption. Also not sure how mob justice was implied, but oh well. Nonetheless, Ghislaine will be glad to know there's at least one member of the public out there defending her honour. I'll leave you to proudly hold the ground on that baffling hill.
Well White Bear came pretty close to that

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Is she applying for Not Guilty?

I thought the point of this trial is that she's gonna make a plea deal to get a lighter sentence of she name names of those involved in the sex trafficking and the customers that were patronizing the business.
I doubt she'd live long enough to name names of actually rich/in-charge people. We're not talking about has-been celebs from 30 years ago, or some long dead rockstar. We're talking current heads of states, Princes and Kings, ex-presidents, current CEOs, Congressmen, Generals and directors of intelligence agencies. These are not men who are going to be okay with some ***** from the 90s turning them in.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I doubt she'd live long enough to name names of actually rich/in-charge people. We're not talking about has-been celebs from 30 years ago, or some long dead rockstar. We're talking current heads of states, Princes and Kings, ex-presidents, current CEOs, Congressmen, Generals and directors of intelligence agencies. These are not men who are going to be okay with some ***** from the 90s turning them in.
Well Bloomberg just stopped short of telling you the names of the Jurors in the case so it seems like some bullshit is up with this case already.