Ghostbusters May be Delayed Until 2009

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Ghostbusters May be Delayed Until 2009

Now that the Ghostbusters video game has apparently lost its Activision publisher, rights owner Sony Pictures is contemplating a delayed release.

The new situation has provided "an opportunity to reevaluate the game release marketing strategy to potentially coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original film in '09," Sony Pictures told Variety's Cut Scene.

The game was one of many not included in Activision's five game short-list, announced following its official merger with Blizzard.

There remains the possibility that the title is the unannounced fifth venture Activision said it will take on, or that it will be published under the Sierra name.

Ghostbusters, which has been seen in playable form and follows the storyline of the first movie, was originally due for a fall release on the PC, PS3, 360, DS and Wii, with development team Terminal Reality handling the first three editions and Red Fly taking on the last two.

Source: Shacknews.com [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53949]

Thaddeus

A Nobody in Somebody's Clothing
Mar 20, 2007
Not to be an obsessive, fanboyish nitpick, but wasn't the "Ghostbusters" game supposed to take an 'unofficial third film' role in the series mythos as opposed to being a rehash of the original?

Anyway, WHY!? Why would they do this!?
All is suffering and despair; my world is but a brittle shell of its former self.

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
Yes, I have been releaved to hear the developers say that the game is not cancled, but still worried about it being delayed. I have been looking forward to this game for quite a while now. But, even if it does get delayed, it could be a blessing in disguise. It would give the team more time to add a little more polish and also ease the stress that my bank account is likley to feel this holliday season with all of the new game releases.