Giant-Headed Game of Thrones Dolls Are Coming

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Giant-Headed Game of Thrones Dolls Are Coming

Gruff murderers, pugnacious nomads, and stoic leaders never looked so adorable.

I'm always a little amazed at humanity's ability to take something bleak or horrifying and transform it into something cute and adorable. The existence of videos like <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOHJUrcVdJk>The Adventures of Lil Cthulhu is a testament to this fact, and I'm just counting down the days until someone does the same thing with Slenderman (<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4MXYC_jX2Wc>oh wait, that already happened). So it was only inevitable that the world of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones, recognized for its ability to make you fall in love with characters before mercilessly killing them, will be cutified in Funko's new Game of Thrones Pop! toy line.

[gallery=891]

The toy series will come with six figures, including Daenerys Targaryen, The Hound, Khal Drogo, Ned Stark, Tyrion Lannister, and a White Walker. Whether you choose the adorably tired-looking Stark, the stern Daenerys with her tiny dragon, or the sad Hound that looks like he needs a pat on the head, these toys are an amusing addition to any collection. The only one that seems slightly out of place is the dwarf Tyrion, but that's simply because his toy by necessity is sized to the same proportions as all the others.

Game of Thrones may not have been written for marketing purposes, but given the scope of the universe and the popularity of the HBO series, these toys and others like them will probably make a pretty penny. Winter is coming, my friends. And you'll just want to pinch its cheeks.

Source: <a href=http://www.tomopop.com/funko-to-release-game-of-thrones-pop-figures-26805.phtml>Tomopop via <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/09/winter_is_coming_and_its_adorable.php>Topless Robot

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
unacomn said:
Big head? Ned? Yeah, this will end well :p
So, are we still spoilering this sort of thing?

Does the head work like a lego?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Awesome, but it's a shame there's no Arya. And I somehow doubt that even this treatment could make Joffrey lovable.

UnderGlass

Jan 12, 2012
Hoho! Drogo even has his signature eyeshadow. It's like looking at the real thing. Amazing.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Must have The Hound. I would pat his head as instructed and tell him everything will get better... After it gets a hell of a lot worse.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
How much does this cost and where can I get one?
I'm so getting a Ned.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, as others have already pointed out there's a problem with the Ned Stark one.

Ooh, unless it comes with a some sort of mechanism that makes it look like his head is being cut off!

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
why does tyrion have a nose and will it be smaller than the others

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Does no one else find these things creepy as all hell? It's the blank, staring eyes...

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
If I plan to get any of these, I'm going for the White Walker. It seems the be the only one with emotion.

Except for the Hound, who seems to be sad.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
I want them all! That White-Walker is clearly the best thought. Although aren't Lannisters famous for their blonde hair and Tyrion's mismatched eyes?

Dany should have Drogon (Black) and Viserion (White) with her as well.

or just Drogon.

I hope they do more of these after the next few seasons, Strong Belwas, Tormund and Beric would be awesome, and if they did one of Penny and Pretty, that would be an instant buy!

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
I think those things are more disturbingly soulless than adorable, but to each his own, I suppose. It's definitely the eyes. Those large orbs of dread, each the color of the void, staring blankly, unforgiving into my soul. They remind me of Hello Kitty, of which I am equally disturbed by.