Giant Mystery Hole Opens in Siberian Region Named "End of the World" - Update

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
It was clearly made by a legion of Dugtrio.

The scientists are only saying that because they don't want us to know that Pokemon really exist. I mean, how else did that asphalt melt in the previous news article?

Other than that, I got nothing.
I'm supporting this theory!
I know I've seen them before, in the long grass!
But always when I'm getting close, some strange black van comes and tells me I can't be there and then I wake up at home.

Now the Pokémon are also starting to fight back the system!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Guffe said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
It was clearly made by a legion of Dugtrio.

The scientists are only saying that because they don't want us to know that Pokemon really exist. I mean, how else did that asphalt melt in the previous news article?

Other than that, I got nothing.
I'm supporting this theory!
I know I've seen them before, in the long grass!
But always when I'm getting close, some strange black van comes and tells me I can't be there and then I wake up at home.

Now the Pokémon are also starting to fight back the system!
It's only a matter of time before we can finally see them! Government meddling be damned!

Soon I can finally own a canine that can breath fire! :O

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Global warming raised temperature in SIberia. this means melting ice. This means acessing previuosly iancessible underground ice caves. One of such has opened with a striaght shaft down, allowing a lot of Methane gas (thats bad) to escape into atmosphere. hence, gas eruption.

BUt of course, noone likes to think about global warming, so it must be chuthulu!

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I like how we have the choice of believing there is a plausible scientific reason for how it happened, or aliens!

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Clearly the planet is sending us a sign that digging up those ET cartridges was a mistake and is providing us with a new burial site.

wickedmonkey

Nov 11, 2009
(Sorry, best I could find...)

It's either that, the Sarlacc or some gargantuan subterranean elder beast that has been the cause of the planets seismic activity since the dawn of time.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
You know, it doesn't surprise me one bit that this is in Russia, this sounds like just the thing that would happen in that 3rd world nation.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Dirty Apple said:
The grown-up rational adult in me realizes that there is a perfectly reasonable and scientific reason for why this happened. The wide-eyed child, who's always on the look out for wonder, truly wishes for some fantastical origin.

tl:dr meh...squee!
Why does reasonable and scientific have to be mutually exclusive with fantastical?

I mean, I'm reading about this from the other side of a world on a machine built from, and powered by, decomposed primeval forests contemporary with giant reptilian monsters that predated humanity by a few orders of magnitude of the duration of civilisation.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
This was clearly made by a Thresher Maw. It's the only logical explanation.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
It's quite obvious that this is where Lavos landed, and has since burrowed deep into the core of our planet. He's a few eons late, but he's finally here to wipe us out.

At least we'll get a cool floating kingdom based around magic out of the deal. =3

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Kyber said:
You know, it doesn't surprise me one bit that this is in Russia, this sounds like just the thing that would happen in that 3rd world nation.
dese words, guise. dey r pain.

OT: Looks like a sinkhole. It's probably what they're saying, a collapsed gas chamber.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
The partypooper in me knows it's just a Sinkhole.

The crazed and eccentric sci-fi and fantasy fan in me desperately want's to believe it is the dwelling of some massive creature that only appears once every millennium to cause untold havoc and destruction. Only when it's unfathomable needs have been sated does it return to beneath the earth to disappear into myth and be forgotten.

El Comandante

Jul 31, 2013
Well German saying: "Arsch der Welt." = "Ass of the world."
There you have it!
Will you end up in a russian prison if you go down there or try to close it?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well it doesn't look like a MUTO had crawl out of it since there were no trailer coming from the hole but none the less it kind of scrary looking (the total darkness part of the hole).

Sep 24, 2008
*looks at the news*

*remembers 'This is The End'*

*Gets a red speedo and orders two machine guns*

Ok. I think I'm ready now.