girl thinks boston bomber suspect 2 is cute and makes twisted video on youtube about it

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Well, she has a point, good looking people do bad shit as well. His actions don't take away from his physical appearance. Nah, I really don't get the backlash against these kinds of people. Complimenting someone's looks and appearance =/= complimenting or condoning their actions. Besides, it could be a fantasy for a lot of people to get boned by a criminal such as himself.

Reeve

Feb 8, 2013
She's making an important point, not only about freedom of speech and expression, but also that: What someone looks like tells you nothing about their morality. Lots of people can't grasp that concept. See Halo bias: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

A person?s attractiveness has also been found to produce a halo effect. Attractiveness provides a valuable aspect of the halo effect to consider because of its multifaceted nature; attractiveness may be influenced by several specific traits. Physical attributes contribute to perceptions of attractiveness (i.e. weight, hair, eye color). For example, someone that is perceived as attractive, due in part to physical traits, may be more likely to be perceived as kind or intelligent. These perceptions of attractiveness may affect judgments tied to personality traits. The role of attractiveness in producing the halo effect has been illustrated through a number of studies.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
He bombed the Boston marathon, shot a cop and drove over his dying brother's face BUT HE'S STILL GOOD-LOOKING!

I like it, two completely unrelated points and yet it sounds so much like a controversy until you actually think about it. Mussolini was an incompetent fascist prick who couldn't eat a sandwich without suffering major military losses, yet he looked smashing in a uniform.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
BathorysGraveland2 said:
Besides, it could be a fantasy for a lot of people to get boned by a criminal such as himself.
This is very true, anyone remember Joseph Fritzl, the Austrian guy who locked up his daughter in his basement for a couple of decades and fathered seven kids by her? Apparently once he was locked safely away in jail he literally recieved hundreds of love letters from women saying he was "misunderstood" and "good at heart", now that's one crazy fetish :p

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Well I think Araceli Gonzalez is adorable and she didn't have to kill anybody to get my attention.

Just saying.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
JoJo said:
now that's one crazy fetish :p
It could be considered so, but I certainly understand it. The following may be too much information to you, for which I apologise, but it is relevant to this discussion. Personally, I have a fantasy of being viciously sexually assaulted by a female. Sounds crazy and sick, I know, but I do not condone those actions in real life. Of course I don't, and I believe it's the same for the girl in the video, and people elsewhere with similar ideas/fantasies.

It's when the action itself is condones in reality, that's when there is cause for concern.

madkill

Mar 10, 2008
Truth be told I am one of those people who doesn't treat the Boston Bombings any differently from any other bombings that occur around the world just because it happened on American Soil. People are acting all 9/11 again, lets not have another taboo again; don't fall victim to pride yah Nazi's.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Well to be fair, speaking entirely physically here... he is cute. Yeah you probably shouldn't broadcast the fact that you find him cute around because people tend to jump instantly to the "everything about him must now be utterly monstrous" thing after stuff like this, but going purely on his looks alone? Cute.

Obviously that doesn't even come remotely close to excusing his crimes, but the point stands. Dude's good-looking.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
This is like the second... third link I've seen a thread on these forums about today that's pretty obviously a troll on behalf of the content creator. Someone posted a message on youtube which included 'which makes it all the more hilarious when people get trolled so hard by her hahahaha.' and she replied 'thank you'. I'm pretty sure she's trying to be all shallow to troll people who think she is.
She has a nice accent though.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
okyes said:
link is the video of the girl talking about how cute he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpmecKmzDhg

its just sad to see how shallow and cold hearted some people can be.
Doesnt surprise me at all. I was on a jury where this dude had shot at two repomen with his own gun and he was dead to rights guilty. Two female jurors didnt want to convict at first because he was too cute and only relented when they realized if they held out we would have to stay longer.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
I'm trying to think of the moral here, don't judge a book by it's cover, it's what's on the inside that counts...idk

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
kailus13 said:
Radoh said:
Pinkamena said:
I mean, I'm told I'm supposed to feel disgusted when I say a piece of scenery art looks pretty good then find out Hitler made it, but I don't.
(granted he was tracing postcards, so it really wasn't him being good)
What? Is that true? That's a let down. One of my favourite things to talk about is Hitler's paintings.

OT: "Good looking people do evil stuff all the time" As soon as I heard this, I knew she had to be either trolling, or slightly insane. Her youtube channel being called OpinionatedBeach suggests the former.
First of all, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.

And last time I checked, serial killing is evil and THEY have groupies.

deathjavu

Nov 18, 2009
She's not stupid if she puts ads on that video...

But hey, the ideas of a) people glorifying/being attracted to murderers and b) saying anything to get attention is nothing new.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
kailus13 said:
OT: "Good looking people do evil stuff all the time" As soon as I heard this, I knew she had to be either trolling, or slightly insane.
Hey, Bundy was regarded as being rather dashing while on the prowl.
Some would even say that he looked killer (bad joke).

Though...I'd like to know why that statement is "crazy".
Because on technicality, it's pretty darn true. In fact, the only way to make that statement any more true would be to remove the "good looking" part and have it be a sweeping statement that you could only counter with "moral relativity" or "they do good things all the time, too".

But anyway, it's a troll video and given how emotionally sensitive people are, it's probably pretty successful.
I managed to close that tab before the urge to read the comments arose.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Comment: "Seeing how the brothers didn't do anything wrong, I don't see why everyone's freaking out."

Apparently, cop shooting is no longer wrong.

Or running over someone's face.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fappy said:
Diablo2000 said:
Not surprising really. There's crazy people everywhere...
I also think that she isn't the first one to find the bomber "cute" but was the first one stupid enough to make a internet video about it.
My mom just told me he looked like a darker version of me and that she sympathized with his mother. Oh moms >.>
He sorta looks like my brother. Furthering the theory that we are related.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Ahhh the things that incredibly stupid, vapid people will do for attention. Kind of like the news media when some shit like this happens. I'm surprised there isn't a video on youtube of some attention whoring chick acting all sad she can't ride Adam Lanza's nuts.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Comment: "Seeing how the brothers didn't do anything wrong, I don't see why everyone's freaking out."

Apparently, cop shooting is no longer wrong.

Or running over someone's face.
Or blowing shit up.

...Including people.

...I...What...

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
I think people shouldn't be allowed to waste bandwidth like this. What she said wasn't really that bad, it was just entirely useless for the rest of us.