Girl's Death Linked to Realistic Gun-Shaped Wii Controller

SpaceSpork

May 15, 2009
Parental fail. Seriously, what kind of idiots would leave a gun out with a three-year-old in the house, never mind that the three year old had it in her head that guns were toys.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I understand that people like things to be realisitic, but that is a little too much.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
Kermi said:
nagi said:
CINN4M0N said:
AboveUp said:
Geez... Anyone investing in that kind of WiiMote add-ons should be questioned.

If the article didn't tell me which gun was real, I would've said it was the lower one.
Me too. Why is the real gun got wires coming out of it?
It's not a wire but a plastic strap. I'm not in the force, but two guesses would be: hanging/handling the evidence without touching it directly and/or showing that it has been emptied.
Yeah, that'd be my guess - run a cord through the empty grip and chamber to show it is completely devoid of bullets and cannot be fired.
Plus the cord keeps the slide from coming all they way foward and thus keeping the hammer from tripping.

Aug 25, 2009
SHE'S THREE!

For God's sake you can't expect a three year old to be able to differentiate between an actual gun and a Wii controller.

And also, why was a loaded, unsafetied weapon left within reach of a three year old child? As far as I'm concerned that should be an offence worthy of jail time in itself you dopey morons.

I would also like clarification of the fact that the family owned this version of the WiiAutoPistol-whatever-it-is, since I haven't yet found evidence of that nature.

I return again though to my point that a three year old would find it difficult to distinguish, but anyone who leaves a loaded weapon where a child can get it is a colossal moron.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
Its America's fault for giving the public easy access to firearms.

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
Tommy_Dizzle said:
guys, i just had a great idea. you know that console where you point at stuff and it does stuff?
well....
how about if the controller was a replica of a real GUN. HOW COOL WOULD THAT LO-

this is where the dude should've been slapped in the face and sent packing. Terrible idea, gents.

Also, why wasnt the safety on?
And, for added safety, they should have a damn trigger lock when not using the gun. And how about putting it the hell away?

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Well it's the not the games fault. It's the inattentive parents fault..the dad for leaving a loaded gun within reach of the child and the mother as well for looking at a computer screen.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
No, girl's death linked to retard leaving loaded handgun in reach of a three year old.

At the very least there should be some form of compulsory firearms safety testing before you are allowed to own one, and preferably a rolling safety recertification once you do.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Lim3 said:
Its America's fault for giving the public easy access to firearms.
It isn't. I'm no gun advocate, I don't even live in America. I am sort of against gun owning, but the point is, this it the fault of the parents, not the government.

Not every problem in a country can be blamed on the government, no matter how much easier that makes things.

Anyway, as I said, this is a tragic waste of life, because her parents are retards.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
AkJay said:
She shot herself...
Even if it actually turned out to be a real gun, why would she have shot herself?
Not to mention that video-games are in NO WAY involved (seeing as it was the step-father who left a loaded gun on the nightstand.
Because she's three years old. Nine times out of ten when you hand a three year old a gun they or someone else gets shot.

CyanLink

Mar 3, 2010
Ok yeah this makes a lot more sense now.

Still never leave a gun out for a child to find. It never goes well.

DarkLight523

Dec 1, 2009
People that careless shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

There's the right to Bear Arms then there's leaving a lethal weapon out where a child could find it.

What happened to all the PSA Cartoons teaching kids to be afraid of guns and colored people? (Sarcasm for the racist joke, people, calm down)

It stinks that the authorities can't get these guns back until they're logged as evidence.

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
What about the massive weight difference between a gun and a wii controller? What was this gun replica full metal or something?

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
Austin MacKenzie said:
The police have filed no charges
Your kidding me!!? What is wrong with them this is still the parents fault? Its criminal negligence at the very least!? What kind of parnet leaves a loaded unsecured weapon lying on the table with an infant in the house? This accident was completely avoidable and the mother "getting off the hook" because it looked like a wii remote is unbelieveable. And the stepfather, what he came down with a gun ready to shoot somebody but forgets to put it back in the safe and instead leaves it on a table within reach of a child? These parents are poster material for bad parents who keep guns in the house with children and yet they are scapegoating a replica wii-mote instead of stringing them up as examples. Im at a loss, I really am.

Nicarus

Feb 15, 2010
Wasn't this already discussed? Don't get me wrong, this is still outright horrific news...

In any case, I didn't know that the gun attachment for the Wiimote looked like THAT. They should've made them orange like the NES Zapper or something. Gun-black is just TOO real!

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
I think I'll chalk this story up to simple stupidity/forgetfulness,