Give Your Little Time Lords Their Very Own TARDIS Bed

Elizabeth Grunewald

The Pope of Chilitown
Oct 4, 2010
Give Your Little Time Lords Their Very Own TARDIS Bed

One lucky kid in New Zealand received a custom-built TARDIS themed bed. He's decided against using it, though, so his dad is auctioning it off online.

The Best Dad in the World apparently lives in New Zealand, and to defend his title, he built his son a custom-made TARDIS-themed Murphy bed. The kid likely couldn't sleep for pretending he was a time lord, so the family isn't keeping the bed. Instead, Dad is auctioning it off on the New Zealand auction site Trade Me.

The father/builder describes every last detail of the bed on the auction listing, including "a chain of LED lights on the roof...it makes your whole ceiling look like the Tardis is taking off its mind blowing! Once you open the 1970s lock, you will find a handmade Doctor Who replica talking , yes I said talking telephone! It says 3 or 4 different things, then when the secret button is pushed the green light turns blue then pulses and makes the Tardis sound. It is loud enough to know when your child is not sleeping!" Or, perhaps, your adult wife, who bought this and set it up in the spare bedroom to pretend she's traveling through space and time. The listing describes the bed as child-sized, but who knows: Maybe it's bigger on the inside.

The online auction ends December 9, and, as of this writing, the bidding has reached NZ $3,300.00. (This figure does not include the price to ship the bed from Wellington, New Zealand.)

Source: Blastr [http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=336156252]

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Daemascus said:
Umm where is the bed part?
It folds down. The TARDIS interior you see is the base of the bed, I believe.

And wow, that's one ungrateful little kid, but one utterly awesome dad.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
News about a selfmade TARDIS bed? Alright.
Now show me the kid that was stupid enough to let it go!

Damn, I'd be glued to that thing for the next two years...

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
I say keep the bed and get rid of the brat. Obviously the child is broken and will amount to nothing in his life. Get a new one.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
Buuh? Why would that kid get rid of that? Oh well they're at least making a good deal off of it and some other lucky dude (who will be missing 3,000+ bucks after it's done) will have an awesome bed that's probably too small for him.

cairocat

Oct 9, 2009
I thought the best dad in the world made that stupid marble track...

Escapist, get your facts straight!

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Is it ok to hate a child you don't know?

I'm actually thinking about building my own TARDIS for occasions like Halloween and parties.