GLaDOS and The Sniper Join Up To Support GaymerX2

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Silvanus said:
Nobody mentioned Uganda here, though.
Your taking my post too literal, I was referring to what Seydaman had said about gay couples being murdered [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/7.844219.20798025] and how she thought those crimes are somehow relevant to video games and gamers.

Silvanus said:
When people talk about "safe places", they simply mean areas (such as conventions) where people who often face disproportionate negative attention can congregate without having to go through that. They may be related to common interests, etc. I don't see why they shouldn't exist around video-games, if the interest is there, which it clearly is.

It's not that video games are being made "responsible for non-video game related issues". It's simply a convention for people who may face negative attention elsewhere.

I'm glad you know misrepresentation wasn't my intention. I'm genuinely just asking if we can just keep this thread focused on the positive news of the OP.
Fair enough, I'll stop.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Yeah... as a straight white guy, I don't even want to get into the question of the conference being "necessary" or not. I wish it WASN'T necessary, but then I also wish that two beautiful young Nordic maidens in bikinis would take me to their log cabin, lay me down on an animal-hide rug and massage my manly chest hair, while hand-feeding me melon cubes and reciting Chekhov's two-man one-act play "The Bear". (Don't ask.) The moral being, you can't always get what you want.

On a positive note though, these two actors seem like really nice people and great ambassadors for the community. This was a great thing to do.