GLaDOS' Real-Life Counterpart Sings "Want You Gone" from Portal 2

Iscin

Schism Navigator
Sep 8, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
Bananahs said:
The guy on guitar is Joseph Patrick Lowrie, McLain's hubs AND the Sniper from Team Fortress 2.

Yes.
And this is officially the coolest thing ever. The Sniper is married to GLaDOS. The World needs to know.
What is cooler is that Ellen also voices The Announcer in Team Fortress 2. So the Sniper is married to The Announcer.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
GeorgW said:
Woaw! Cool!
Where and when was this?
I've been waiting for JoCo's version for a long time, but this is nice as well. Didn't know GLaDOS was so old.
Old? She's old? We're about the same.. HEY you know what? Yeah she's pretty old. Nice to hear the song like this even though IMO it's not as good as Still Alive.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Irridium said:
Grey_Focks said:
Bananahs said:
The guy on guitar is Joseph Patrick Lowrie, McLain's hubs AND the Sniper from Team Fortress 2.

Yes.
And this is officially the coolest thing ever. The Sniper is married to GLaDOS. The World needs to know.

McLain also does the voice of the Overseer(announcer) in TF2.

The plot thickens!
Also, Overwatch. It's extremely apparent in Episode 2, where they make the Overwatch sound more GLaDOS-like. I admit that I liked the former Overwatch voice, however.

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
TLS14 said:
Irridium said:
Grey_Focks said:
Bananahs said:

Yes.

The plot thickens!
Also, Overwatch. It's extremely apparent in Episode 2, where they make the Overwatch sound more GLaDOS-like. I admit that I liked the former Overwatch voice, however.
If I recall, she's also Judith Mossman as well.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Eh.. Sorry to say, but I prefer GlaDOS' version.

...I got an ad in the captcha? ..What?

Tturbo

Mar 10, 2011
Her Husband isn't the voice of Cave Johnson it's J.K Simmons that does it. http://theportalwiki.com/wiki/Voice_actors

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
Bananahs said:

Yes.
THANK YOU!!!!! I swear, every time someone brings up this video they cast him aside saying "Ellen and husband". HE'S DONE A LOT OF VALVE VOICE WORK TOO!

Also that's a banjo

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
Wow, they are a lot older then I expected. They are good voice actors. Cute couple too, it seems like.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Well, Ellen is actually an opera singer, so it isn't too surprising that she could do a non-edited version of the song.
(That's also why there was the turret wife song easter egg, and the opera at the end of the game)

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Irridium said:
Grey_Focks said:
Bananahs said:

Yes.

The plot thickens!
She's in every Orange Box game.