Glorious PC Gaming Master Race Announces 2016 Candidacy

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
martyrdrebel27 said:
PC Gamers are Hillary
Console Gamers are Bernie.

do with that what you will.

besides, i'd vote for vermin supreme before D.L. Com. i'll take a free pony over a free 4k monitor any day.
If you play online on consoles, you'd know console gamers are Trump.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
You do realize most of 3rd world games on PC because its cheaper on PC than on console? So much for rich kids.
and like corporation, rich fat cats and the downtrodden masses in real world politics they are the ones that sit quietly at the side lines and have a live and let live attitude towards other PC users and other gamers weather they choose to play on console or another PC. It's the elitist arsewipes who spend uber money on their high end PC that are trotting out the PC Master Race catchphrase day in and day out.

Slice it which ever way you like this is as pathetic a movement as the console wars, Sega VS Nintendo, Sony VS Sega and then Sony Vs MS. People justifying how they are better because they spent a lot of their cash on their choice of gaming machine. Only difference at no point in any of the the console wars did I ever hear someone trying to justify why their choice is so much better that they somehow deserve special treatment for making that selection.

Anyone who considers themselves part of this elite glorious pc master race can kiss the entire fattest part of my arse.

after all we dont sell our souls to a corporation so we could play inferior versions of a game.
Every time you buy one of those hamfisted ports, every person who bought COD BW3 at release, every person who bought the latest Batman, every time you pre order one of those piss poor ports and then do nothing but moan about it only to then buy the next game from that same developer, THAT'S selling your soul and the only reason the developers keep pushing these shit ports is because they know the 'elite gaming master race' is stupid enough to keep buying them.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
... Heh. Well I had a lot of fun making this slogan for the Banner. Hopefully it helps in some way or another ...

haha thats actually pretty catchy and it feels like something yatzhee would say

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Denamic said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
PC Gamers are Hillary
Console Gamers are Bernie.

do with that what you will.

besides, i'd vote for vermin supreme before D.L. Com. i'll take a free pony over a free 4k monitor any day.
If you play online on consoles, you'd know console gamers are Trump.
from my experiences across all platforms, apparently 90% of gamers are Trump. sure, we get racist 12 year olds, but you guys literally threaten lives with SWATTING. and i don't think i've ever seen a community as toxic as the community that brought toxic communities back into vogue, MOBA's.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Laughing Man said:
You do realize most of 3rd world games on PC because its cheaper on PC than on console? So much for rich kids.
and like corporation, rich fat cats and the downtrodden masses in real world politics they are the ones that sit quietly at the side lines and have a live and let live attitude towards other PC users and other gamers weather they choose to play on console or another PC. It's the elitist arsewipes who spend uber money on their high end PC that are trotting out the PC Master Race catchphrase day in and day out.

Slice it which ever way you like this is as pathetic a movement as the console wars, Sega VS Nintendo, Sony VS Sega and then Sony Vs MS. People justifying how they are better because they spent a lot of their cash on their choice of gaming machine. Only difference at no point in any of the the console wars did I ever hear someone trying to justify why their choice is so much better that they somehow deserve special treatment for making that selection.

Anyone who considers themselves part of this elite glorious pc master race can kiss the entire fattest part of my arse.

after all we dont sell our souls to a corporation so we could play inferior versions of a game.
Every time you buy one of those hamfisted ports, every person who bought COD BW3 at release, every person who bought the latest Batman, every time you pre order one of those piss poor ports and then do nothing but moan about it only to then buy the next game from that same developer, THAT'S selling your soul and the only reason the developers keep pushing these shit ports is because they know the 'elite gaming master race' is stupid enough to keep buying them.
i didn't really nail it down until reading your post, but this "Master Race" bullshit really is keeping me from being a PC gamer. not because of some faux rebellion bullshit, but because the nature of the community itself automatically makes you inferior if you don't have an insane rig. i see PC gaming master race talk, and know that i'll NEVER be on par with the dedicated community.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
@martyredrebel127: Not sure if I should really inject myself into this, but I do feel I should dispel some illusions: nobody gives a shit about your rig. I mean sure, if you actually care what some random dick in the comments section of youtube or PC Gamer says, then this might be an issue. But if you don't go out of your way to look for these people, it should never even become a topic of conversation.

I mean, I've been gaming on the PC all my life. Had a console here and there, but the PC has always been my main way of playing games. At the moment, I don't have a great PC. It's on the low end of what might be called a gaming laptop. It's limiting my possibilities somewhat, but on the whole, I can still play what I want to play. And I've never been made fun of or belittled for this fact, online or offline. At most I might get some sympathy, but that's not a bad thing. I WOULD like a better PC, but just can't afford it right now.

Just because you play games on the PC, that doesn't mean you automatically become part of some kind "PC Gaming master race" community. You can still avoid those people even though you game on PC. It...doesn't...fucking...matter. So saying you wouldn't become a PC gamer because some of those people are dicks is, I'm sorry to say, one of the silliest thing I've ever heard. You should game on whatever suits your needs, be it console or PC, and simply not even associate with the people who bother you.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
geizr said:
The whole "PC Master Race" thing can kiss my entire black ass; I'm rather sick to the teeth of all the self-serving chest pounding that surrounds it. It's just another stupid thing for gamers to try to rationalize how their particular choices are somehow superior to anyone else's choice and to marginalize any reasoning that other's may have for their choices. There are pluses and minuses to both PC and console-based gaming. Which you prefer is up to you, personally, and is not an objective, mathematical constraint imposed by the Universe, like the speed of light limit (and even that can be circumvented with clever warping of the spacetime metric). That said, however, there is a simple reason why game publishers may have become more focused on consoles in comparison to PC: the PC may no longer a big enough or profitable enough market, by comparison.

And before people say it, I get the joke behind the term "PC Master Race" (I can remember when Yahtzee coined the term, or, at least, popularized it), but many people don't seem to use the term quite so jokingly.

ADDENDUM: I guess it just goes with all the other "us vs. them" divisions that gamers seem to invent on a daily basis to justify how they're somehow "superior" to others. Can't we all learn to just get along?
I hate to break it to you. PC hardware for gaming already far outsells consoles dollar for dollar. And game sales by the end of this year will have eclipsed console game sales.

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/83972-pc-games-sales-eclipse-value-console-games-sales-2016/

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
... Heh. Well I had a lot of fun making this slogan for the Banner. Hopefully it helps in some way or another ...

You'd think a member of a master race would have known how to spell "peasants"...

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
Eri said:
I hate to break it to you. PC hardware for gaming already far outsells consoles dollar for dollar. And game sales by the end of this year will have eclipsed console game sales.

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/83972-pc-games-sales-eclipse-value-console-games-sales-2016/
That is a prediction, as stated explicitly by the article you linked; it hasn't happened, yet. They expect it to happen by the end of 2016, but we're not actually there, yet, so anything could still happen. Further, as the article strongly implies, for a very long time in the past, the console market was outselling the PC market, hence the reason they say the phenomenon has been "years in the making". While hardware sales may have increased (purchase of parts and upgrades), that doesn't necessarily translate to increase in game software sales or, more importantly, game revenue, which is what game publishers care the most about; the article makes no connection between the increase in PC hardware purchases and game software sales revenue. So, from the view of the extremely risk-averse triple-A game publisher, I think my statement still stands.

This is not to say it is not possible to happen, but it has, yet, to be made manifest.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
You'd think a member of a master race would have known how to spell "peasants"...
That is fucking awesome

And game sales by the end of this year will have eclipsed console game sales.
So, statistical proof that the so called 'elite' race are indeed stupid enough to go out and buy those crappy ports? Or is all that cash being solely spent on high quality developed only for PC games from 10 years ago?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
Marik2 said:
Caramel Frappe said:

haha thats actually pretty catchy and it feels like something yatzhee would say
Haha, thank you!! Also wow it's been forever- how have you been my good friend? Is the Hot Topic Escapists doing well?

... :) ... :') ...
lol you are the owner of the group, you should check it out yourself

I just hang in the anime group

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Caramel Frappe said:

We members of the master race are so far above you that we have no idea how to spell peseants.

I think its about time we round up all the console 'gamers' and ship them back to their own country where they belong.

They've been taking our games for too long, who remembers when Halo was on PC?

And I don't want any console gamer sharing a bathroom with my daughter, its weird and unnatural and scares her.

Go back to playing on PC like GabeN intended.

PC Master race 2016!

Skatalite

May 8, 2007
I didn't know people were still doing this whole master race thing. Stopped being funny years ago.

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
geizr said:
The whole "PC Master Race" thing can kiss my entire black ass; I'm rather sick to the teeth of all the self-serving chest pounding that surrounds it. It's just another stupid thing for gamers to try to rationalize how their particular choices are somehow superior to anyone else's choice and to marginalize any reasoning that other's may have for their choices. There are pluses and minuses to both PC and console-based gaming. Which you prefer is up to you, personally, and is not an objective, mathematical constraint imposed by the Universe, like the speed of light limit (and even that can be circumvented with clever warping of the spacetime metric). That said, however, there is a simple reason why game publishers may have become more focused on consoles in comparison to PC: the PC may no longer a big enough or profitable enough market, by comparison.

And before people say it, I get the joke behind the term "PC Master Race" (I can remember when Yahtzee coined the term, or, at least, popularized it), but many people don't seem to use the term quite so jokingly.

ADDENDUM: I guess it just goes with all the other "us vs. them" divisions that gamers seem to invent on a daily basis to justify how they're somehow "superior" to others. Can't we all learn to just get along?
U MAD BRO?

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Usually i just come onto the Escapist, using that link i bookmarked to only take me straight to the latest Zero Punctuation episode, watch that and then immediately leave again. Today, however, the intro for Zero Punctuation was not the same one and being slightly curious i followed up on the anomaly and wound up here.

It's so nice to see that the Escapist i started to find incredibly obnoxious and annoying a few years ago is still the same if not worse due to the fucking echo chamber the forums have become. Hopefully i won't let my curiosity get the better of me next time, or maybe i can finally come to terms with watching ZP a week late and i can stop coming here all together.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
martyrdrebel27 said:
i didn't really nail it down until reading your post, but this "Master Race" bullshit really is keeping me from being a PC gamer. not because of some faux rebellion bullshit, but because the nature of the community itself automatically makes you inferior if you don't have an insane rig. i see PC gaming master race talk, and know that i'll NEVER be on par with the dedicated community.
As officially as such a thing can be declared, being a part of PCMR is "not about the hardware in your rig but the software in your heart". You don't need the latest and most expensive components with a custom watercooling loop and triple-monitor + VR setup; if you're in the belief of PC gaming being inherently better due to the increased fidelity/freedom of peripheral/cheapness of games/mods then you are PCMR. I can't currently access it but https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace has this 'rule' in the sidebar.

The best thing about PC is upgradability. If you have the means, you have the option to go further than any console gamer. One's initial $400 rig that is slightly better than a console can become a $1200 rig over the following years with small updates here and there. One's $350 console will always be a $350 console, and as the years go by will fall further into being obsolete.

Also I'm so late with this post lol, I don't come on here too often

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Every time I see PCMR hiding behind the thin veil of "It's all just a joke", I can't help but be reminded of those youtube videos with terrified upper class kids doing something extremely stupid before yelling, "IT'S JUST A PRANK, BRO!"

Logience

Jun 25, 2014
I don't get it. Is this some big dumb April Fools publicity stunt that Escapist is trying out?