Glorious PC Gaming Master Race Announces 2016 Candidacy

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Glorious PC Gaming Master Race Announces 2016 Candidacy

Shocking the two established parties, a third party candidate has stepped forward, and he wants to represent you, the PC Gamer.

Read Full Article

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Think the twitter link is bugged.

Still, I am keen to see how this plays out, It's already more respectable then the actual Presidental race in the US.
No one even tried to compare dick sizes yet :p

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Diablo1099 said:
Think the twitter link is bugged.

Still, I am keen to see how this plays out, It's already more respectable then the actual Presidental race in the US.
No one even tried to compare dick sizes yet :p
Fixed the twitter link. Thanks for catching that!

I'm also interested to see how this plays out, but don't forget to get involved! This thread will be the primary discussion thread, so share your ideas, slogans, whatever. We'll also have a couple other threads for interacting and crowdsourcing the topics most important to you, PCGMR's only constituency.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Perhaps I missed it in what sounded like a dick standing up and talking like a dick but if you're going to announce your candidacy for something it usually help if you tell us what it is you are becoming a candidate for? Oh I get that it's no doubt something to do with the US elections but I care for that only slightly more than I care about some dickend who believes that calling console gamers 'peasants' in his opening statement is a good idea.

kimiyoribaka

Jul 11, 2012
Firstly, I'd like to say that if there is anything serious to this, then this is entirely the wrong way to go about it. If there isn't, then the joke has become a monster that is abusing those poor imps worse than Yahtzee does in his actual videos containing them.

That said, curiosity got the best of me just now. I looked at the twitter account. That "candidate" appears to be a shill for microsoft! "PC" should not be a synonym for windows, especially not when windows is moving toward multiple platforms. Windows, Ubuntu and Darwin are all just OS's, and all equally qualify their machines for the label of "personal computer"--or "persocom" if they have the moe voice pack. Also, "DirectX 12 support on all hardware"? Since when did DirectX even work like that? That's the defining difference between DirectX and OpenGL! And besides Vulcan may be the future of GPUs anyway. And can we stop with the vague references to "framerate caps"? Seriously, Vsync is a framerate cap! Rasterized sprites are a framerate cap! Gamemaker Studio is a framerate cap! And one that defaults to 30 fps no less! Factcheck that! We need a candidate that knows the issues and doesn't just pander to the buzzword audience!

(note: the above rant was an attempt to match the twitter account's tone for fun)

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
PC Gamers are Hillary
Console Gamers are Bernie.

do with that what you will.

besides, i'd vote for vermin supreme before D.L. Com. i'll take a free pony over a free 4k monitor any day.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Ohh okay. Yeah, I started reading and thought "this is what it would be like if Trump played on the PC."

And then I saw that the Twitter is called MakeGamingGreat. Everything promptly fell into place.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I'm offended at the notion that only steam PC gamers matter..
Lose the steam logo and replace it with a mouse and keyboard instead, as is proper.

Finally, no more shoddy ports (for us), no gamepad supports that ruin the flow of the game and adds quicktime events for everything (pfft casuals..).
No obligatory capped framerates or exclusive titles (peasants are easily led).
No console FPS gamers (oxymoron)..
,) ^^

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
... This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen. And I've been on the escapist forums.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Redlin5 said:
Are we going to build a wall to keep out the console immigrants?
The plan, as I understand it, is to focus on getting a 4k monitor connected to every PC, and make China foot the bill.

kimiyoribaka said:
Firstly, I'd like to say that if there is anything serious to this, then this is entirely the wrong way to go about it. If there isn't, then the joke has become a monster that is abusing those poor imps worse than Yahtzee does in his actual videos containing them.

That said, curiosity got the best of me just now. I looked at the twitter account. That "candidate" appears to be a shill for microsoft! "PC" should not be a synonym for windows, especially not when windows is moving toward multiple platforms. Windows, Ubuntu and Darwin are all just OS's, and all equally qualify their machines for the label of "personal computer"--or "persocom" if they have the moe voice pack. Also, "DirectX 12 support on all hardware"? Since when did DirectX even work like that? That's the defining difference between DirectX and OpenGL! And besides Vulcan may be the future of GPUs anyway. And can we stop with the vague references to "framerate caps"? Seriously, Vsync is a framerate cap! Rasterized sprites are a framerate cap! Gamemaker Studio is a framerate cap! And one that defaults to 30 fps no less! Factcheck that! We need a candidate that knows the issues and doesn't just pander to the buzzword audience!

(note: the above rant was an attempt to match the twitter account's tone for fun)
You get nowhere in politics with fact checking and information. Pandering is the key, and I think this candidate can pander with the best of 'em.

Rant was incredible, though. Thanks for that!

Update:

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Laughing Man said:
Perhaps I missed it in what sounded like a dick standing up and talking like a dick but if you're going to announce your candidacy for something it usually help if you tell us what it is you are becoming a candidate for? Oh I get that it's no doubt something to do with the US elections but I care for that only slightly more than I care about some dickend who believes that calling console gamers 'peasants' in his opening statement is a good idea.
We'll have a meeting to discuss the "peasants" terminology. Does "waif" resonate any better? "Pleb" or "serf," maybe?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Redlin5 said:
Are we going to build a wall to keep out the console immigrants?
Oi! I live in this country! What're ya gonna do? Ship me to Ireland even though I lived in Pittsburgh all my life?

OT: Sorry, boys, but you don't have my interests at heart. And if you don't have Jack's back, you don't have nothin'.

inmunitas

Feb 23, 2015
Laughing Man said:
Oh I get that it's no doubt something to do with the US elections but I care for that only slightly more than I care about some dickend who believes that calling console gamers 'peasants' in his opening statement is a good idea.
But they are not calling all console gamers 'peasants', just the bad ones, you know those console "gamers".

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Objectable said:
... This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen. And I've been on the escapist forums.
I've seen dumber in the Youtube comments, not much, but damn close.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
How is Yahtzee not involved in this? This should be right up his street!
I am amazed at how a line Yahtzee used in a zero punctuation 7-8 years ago is still going around today.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Objectable said:
a) That's not what "literally" means.
b) I'm confident that this is the least ridiculous thing that's happened during this presidential campaign cycle.