Go To Zombie School, Get On AMC's The Walking Dead

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Go To Zombie School, Get On AMC's The Walking Dead

AMC needs a few good zombies for the Walking Dead television series.

The first two episodes for AMC's The Walking Dead [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99668-Walking-Dead-Television-Series-Gets-Green-Light] comic book are going to be filmed this summer in Atlanta, and AMC needs zombies. Think you've got what it takes to slowly decay while eating human flesh? Now's your shot.

On Location Vacations [http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2010/05/27/amcs-walking-dead-first-filming-locations-revealed-zombies-wanted/] caught the call for Walking Dead zombie extras, which will be needed in the Fairlie-Poplar District of Atlanta over at least two definite weekends: June 11-13 and July 2-4. If you're interested and have an open schedule until September, email your information to [email protected] and make your big break.

But wait, it's not that easy. All extras must be trained in "zombie school," which apparently takes quite some time to complete. Classes include "How To Speak Without Vowels" and "Shambling 101."

I can think of nothing I would rather be educated in than the ways of a zombie, can you? Being an extra in film and television can generally be pretty boring, but being a zombie extra? That's nothing less than awesome.

Source: io9 [http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2010/05/27/amcs-walking-dead-first-filming-locations-revealed-zombies-wanted/]

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I'll only apply if the school is taught by that girl from Shaun of the Dead; the girl who teaches the gang how to walk and sound like a zombie.

Verex

May 31, 2010
Haha, I would love to see the look on a job reviewer's face when they see: 'Zombie School' under education.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Uh... I'm freaking in. I love the Walking Dead and I live in Tennessee and can easily make it to Atlanta. This is the best thing ever.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
The truly great thing ( if you haven't read any of the comics ) is that it's more like a soap, its a tale of human drama and the fight against adversity, which happens to be going on in a world overrun with zombies.

The zombie element, at least I thought, wasn't the focus of the story, just one of the threats people had to face in this new world.

So, I'd say a genuinely interesting show could be made, and maybe even gain 'non zombie fan' viewers. There no reason this shouldn't run and run, if written well.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Damn, I'm in New York. No way to make it there.

Ah well, I prefer NYC over Atlanta.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
What's up with everything being in Atlanta these days? NYC, LA, and Chicago not cutting the mustard anymore?

Apr 28, 2008
Zombie school? Please.

I've had plenty of teachers.

They're names are Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, World at War, and countless other games.
Ask what zombie you want, and I'll deliver.

Granted I need to find a way to get from Vermont to Atlanta...

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
Walking dead is awesome, i read the entire comic within a week after i saw the article here talking about the upcoming series.
I would give an arm to being able to participate in this, and that would probably increase my opportunities to get the gig.
Anybody has a chainsaw i can borrow?

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I'd love to do it, but my mother would never forgive me for going into a dead end career.

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
Shit I need to finish that series, I stopped keeping up after they left the prison. Hmmm...I only live 2 hours away... Worth it?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
People will turn anything into a gimmick.

I find it odd that they have a special school to teach people how to "act like a zombie".

I'm not sure if it's more disturbing that there are enough zombie movies being made due to the current fad factors where there is apparently a demand for this, or if there are people who will probably pay as much money for this as for actual acting classes, of which this should be a tiny part stemming from other things.

It sounds fun and all, don't get me wrong, I just... really don't like that it's come to that.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Pack your bags everybody, Were going to Atlanta!

...Anybody wana go sliptsee's on around... 2000 Plane tickets?

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
WanderFreak said:
Verex said:
Haha, I would love to see the look on a job reviewer's face when they see: 'Zombie School' under education.
So I see here you speak English, Spanish, and... zom--

I am fully fluent in all major forms of zombie dialect, including voodoo, evil space probe, and Trioxin.

...I see--

Seeeend mooore paramediiics...
Seennnd Mooore Coooppsss....

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Yeeeaaaaaaahh.... Like there's a special fucking degree for mumbling and shambling.

I could play a zombie in my sleep for crying out loud. L4D, Half-Life, Doom, Zombie Panic!, Killing Floor.. Not to mention all the zombie movies I've seen.. That's all the training I need.

...I hope the assholes who made up "Zombie School" get fucking ate..

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
im in washington... so im like.... the complete opposite of atlanta. im both too far north, and too far to the west. however, i do like roadtrips.