Goat Simulator Launch Trailer Is a Dead Ringer For Something

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Spade Lead said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
Goat wearing a jet pack at 41 seconds. I am sold on that goat game if thats in the actual game.
I am more worried that it is all one big April Fool's joke...
It's pre-orderable though, so I don't think so. Technically possible, they could repay everyone who pre-orders it, but why bother?

That and the pre-order folks can already play it tomorrow.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
HAHAHA, that has to be one of the best release trailers I've ever seen. Bravo to the team who made it. The cute picture of a goat at the end absolutely killed me. I'll buy the game if they promise to keep making trailers for it.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Andy Chalk said:
Deathfish15 said:
I see legal shenanigans on the horizon for this one... (Seriously, those Dead Island guys must be cheesed at the parody rip-off).
Probably not.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Chupacaubrey/status/448944647688052736]

;)
Oh man, this makes me even more happy than the trailer did, it seriously made my day to see this.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
It reminds me of playing Grand Theft Auto IV. I would use cheats to spawn a helicopter, fly up in the sky and crash the helicopter at the same time as "disembarking" so I would get whacked by the propellers and go flying off over the city. One time, I was thrown out across the harbor into the ocean and I almost wet myself I was laughing so hard.

Goat Simulator seems like it's going to be more of that hilarity.

Satosuke

Dec 18, 2007
MinionJoe said:
Satosuke said:
Cute...but just knowing that the joke of this game is going to be beaten to death and beyond by banal garbage-mongers like Pewdiepie and his ilk just makes me too cynical to laugh at this.
Then why watch Pewdiepie and his ilk? I certainly don't.
I don't, but it's not like I can't hate them for what they are and what they represent. (the lowest common denominator of the Let's Play genre, the ruination of Youtube's ad revenue model for legitimate content creators, etc.) You can't search for game content on Youtube without getting their bullshit shoved in your face in the search results, and Goat Simulator will be torn apart and splayed open everywhere by these ingrates when it comes out. I don't have to watch them, but that doesn't mean I can't curse their very existence.