God damn, Escapist. I fucked up. I fucked up real bad.

Mark Hardigan

Apr 5, 2010
Yeah if I were your Dad you wouldn't be able to reason with me either. That was a really stupid thing to do. As other people have said, the best thing you can do is just to man up and accept the consequences of your actions and never do this again.

Remember that they are your parents. They love you. But I imagine they are seriously reconsidering ever leaving you alone or giving you even the smallest amount of freedom again. Think about it from their point of view. They trusted you alone with their house and you essentially gave them the middle finger.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
You have shit friends to start off with, really shit friends if they can set your parents table on fire.

I'd be angry with you too, they left you because they trusted you. I doubt they will again (or for a very long time)
Not to mention how selfish you sound because you REALLY like parties, really? then go buy your own house to hold them in and trash, not your parents.

I think going to stay with your Grandma is a good option for now, to let your parents get over what you did and for you to realise what damage and shit you caused and maybe a way to replace the table and stuff by yourself.

Geekmaster

Nov 22, 2008
I suppose you're just going to embark on a nother lengthy talk with them ;)

Oh and do be humble and feel genuinely sorry.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
First of all we have all had our over-party moments including your mum and step dad.
They just need time to cool off and you gotta help them out a bit.
The biggest part of maturity is respect for others and their possessions.

They just feel like you don't respect them or you would have been acting with their interests at heart.

Party Rule 1 - Parties only end well at other peoples houses!

Party Rule 2 - Never look after someone elses drugs.

Party Rule 3 - If you just had a party and your parents are coming home, tidy up! oh and smoke the big bag of weed with your mates before they get home, which if you had done instead of drinking the night would have been a lot more mellow and you may still have your garden table.

Sage advise from a dude who used to party.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Necromancer Jim said:
I think it's your fault. I hate to be an asshole, but you are responsible for the party and it's actions.

Personally, I hate parties. I hate people. Persons are okay, People are shit.
I agree with everything except the thing with parties, having a party with a few friends who aren't dumb fucks are okay, a party like the one this guy had is horrible, I would only go to one of those to steal the TV than the others pass out...

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
Yeah, see, the problem isn't you held a party. It's that you held a party you had no control over. It's your house! If people are being rambunctious, kick them out! If they are causing damage, kick them out! They might think you are uncool or whatever, but they're wrong, you're just smart and responsible, and who cares what those cunts think!?

Now, as for the weed. Ever hear of the word 'NO'? You should probably try it once and a while. Guy wants you to hold his weed, say no! Or tell him to bury it in the woods. Also, what was your mom doing searching your room? Did you ask her that?

You gotta realize this is your fault, not because of the party, but because you couldn't handle the party. I'm not sure how your parents think, but they would probably have been okay with it if there wasn't any property damage.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
You're an idiot for having the party, that is plainly obvious. You're an idiot for keeping your friend's weed, and you're an idiot for not even trying to clean up the vomit and taking the cans about 100 yards from your house. So yeah, you fucked up.

But still, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. You could have invited people over Facebook and ended up with 200 people. Or you could have had your house set on fire during the party (that has actually happened at a party my parents went to a while ago).

You fucked up, it will take time for your parents to trust you, but just show them WHY you can be trusted

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Funkiest Monkey said:
So, I was home-alone for a whole week. I thought, "Hey, I'm a pretty swell guy. I think I'll just go and invite a ton of my friends and throw a big, drunken party!". Honestly, though, the party was fun. But shit.

The back-garden table ended up being set on fire, leaving a fairly expensive table pretty badly damaged. This is the main issue. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, I just know a couple of my friends were smoking in the garden and were dicking around with lighters.

The other big thing, is that a guy at my party was going on holiday in two days, and asked me to hold on to a bag of weed for him. I don't do that stuff myself, I tried it and it's really over-rated. Anyway, I didn't hide it very well, because when my mom came home she found it with a few hours. She was pretty angry with me. She was also angry at finding random empty beer cans hidden around the bed, and seeing the side of my bed was sick stained (a friend of mine CANNOT hold his drink).

My mom is angry and disappointed in me, my step-dad said he's ashamed of me. I really don't feel welcome in my home. I feel kind of regretful for holding this party and betraying my parent's trust, but on the other hand, I REALLY like parties. Tomorrow morning, I'm taking all my shit and I'm hightailing it to my grandma's house. I need to get out of here for a while.

What do you think of this, Escapist? What would you do in a similar situation?

EDIT: I think they understand about the weed, but are still kinda disappointed. Also, for the moment at least, I can't reason with them.
Yea you fucked up. If you want to earn that trust back you need to show you feel the party was a mistake and make amends. If you want to make amends the first step would be going to your mom and step-father and sincerely apologizing and ask what you can do to make amends. Then do it faithfully.

Liking parties is fine, but don't do it on property you don't own without the owners permission. Go to other peoples parties and have fun there until you can afford your own place.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
They went away for a week and you still had them find everything? Man this is practice for the next time... seriously letting her find the weed and beer cans

X10J

May 15, 2010
Archangel357 said:
Get over it. When I was 17 or so, I had a party at our place while my parents were away. Uninvited people showed up, stuff was stolen or broken, neighbours complained, cops were called, and let's just say that my folks weren't exactly happy campers when they got back. And I got off light; my then-gf's classmate had thrown a party a few weeks beforehand, and the end result... well, it wasn't pretty: graffiti in the staircase of an 80-year old mansion, about $30,000 in damages, about 20 cop cars, and a few arrests, some of them drugs-related.
You'd think that might have been a clue that maybe a party wouldn't turn out so well.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Plain and simple - you really messed up (which of course you are aware of) and you don't know how to control your own parties - so I'd probably wait to throw another until you have your own place, or go to parties that aren't at your own house (just don't set anything on fire). And apparently, your friends have no respect for you or other peoples belongings. Personally, I'd talk to them about it and see if they can help find a substitute table for your parents that all of you can pitch in for. If they refused, I'd probably try to find some different friends. But that's just me.

I wont verbally abuse you by calling you names and acting like no one ever went to wild parties and did stupid stuff (that didn't seem like a problem at the time) when they were younger, but you shouldn't have run away to your Oma's and left your parents with your mess to clean up. You should really just face the music, and try your best to clean up and find a way to replace the table or at least an alright substitute. Your parents anger will of course subside, but you just have to hope that one day soon you'll earn their trust back.

Also, if you are in a country where something is illegal - then don't hold it for anyone, not even your best friend. No matter how harmless it may be, if it's illegal, don't hold it. Or if you do,...then you best have a really great hiding place. lol

Aug 28, 2010
First of all, why didn't you clean up while they were gone? And if you don't smoke weed, why did you take it? And then not hide it? Have you never hosted a party before? The table was unfortunate, but like others have said, get a job and pay for a new one.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Nahhh don't worry. It'll be fine. Your parents are way too serious though, and seeing how you take it, you were raised not to do this kind of stuff. It's ok, though. Just make sure you do your best to replace the table and get your parents some flowers and don't do anything stupid for a while. They're your (step)parents, don't worry.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Funkiest Monkey said:
So, I was home-alone for a whole week. I thought, "Hey, I'm a pretty swell guy. I think I'll just go and invite a ton of my friends and throw a big, drunken party!". Honestly, though, the party was fun. But shit.

The back-garden table ended up being set on fire, leaving a fairly expensive table pretty badly damaged. This is the main issue. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, I just know a couple of my friends were smoking in the garden and were dicking around with lighters.

The other big thing, is that a guy at my party was going on holiday in two days, and asked me to hold on to a bag of weed for him. I don't do that stuff myself, I tried it and it's really over-rated. Anyway, I didn't hide it very well, because when my mom came home she found it with a few hours. She was pretty angry with me. She was also angry at finding random empty beer cans hidden around the bed, and seeing the side of my bed was sick stained (a friend of mine CANNOT hold his drink).

My mom is angry and disappointed in me, my step-dad said he's ashamed of me. I really don't feel welcome in my home. I feel kind of regretful for holding this party and betraying my parent's trust, but on the other hand, I REALLY like parties. Tomorrow morning, I'm taking all my shit and I'm hightailing it to my grandma's house. I need to get out of here for a while.

What do you think of this, Escapist? What would you do in a similar situation?

EDIT: I think they understand about the weed, but are still kinda disappointed. Also, for the moment at least, I can't reason with them.
The first rule of throwing house parties:
Never throw them at your house.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
We've all bee there man, me and my mother look back on the parties I threw and we laugh about it now (and it seems exactly the same sort of problems happened at mine). It'll be fine in the long run, and you shouldn't feel bad, it's what teenagers do.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Tell them, with complete sincerity, that you're done with drugs. Save enough money to replace anything that was damaged. Explain why what you did was irresponsible. But don't fucking run away.

Oh, and clean your bed, for God's sake.