God of War 3 Sells a Quick Million

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
paragon1 said:
So who else has already beaten it?
I have. Twice. Such an amazing game. Busy making a walkthrough on Youtube with all the locations of the Godly Possessions and such, but afterwards I'm going to play it on Titan mode.

OT: Well-deserved. It's a worthy farewell to one of the most badass characters ever created. The only problem is that there is no real closure at the end. So Santa Monica, please give us the epilogue!

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
teisjm said:
well obviously it won't outsell MW2 when it's an exclusive. MW2 was on PC, PS3 and 360, so it had more potential costumers.

I'll wait to get it till the prices drop though, got some game si need to finish before buying new ones, and i'd liek to get and finish 1 and 2 first, luckily they've been re-released for teh PS3, so i won't have to borrow a PS2.
True that about the exclusivity. It'll be money well spent, the first two are classics, and, having just finished the third, I can say they're definitely worth your money. If you're a masochist, you'll enjoy playing through on the hardest difficulties.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
SikOseph said:
ColdStorage said:
SikOseph said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Obviously it's not on the same scale as Modern Warfare 2's launch, but a million copies in a couple of days is nothing to be sneezed at, and let's face it, nothing is going to rival MewTwo for a very long time.
Haha true, but remember that GoW3 is only on one platform and that they spent money actually developing a new game rather than skimping there by reskinning their previous title and just focusing on hype...
So your saying that MW2 is worse because it cost less to make and sold more because everyone can buy it.

Silly people, making money, pfft.
No... what I'm saying is that MW2 is bad because it is MW1 reskinned and all the money spent on hype instead of making a new experience. Lazy developer cashes in might not be silly from their perspective, but it is very bad from mine as a consumer. So not 'silly people, making money, pffft' but 'arseholes, fleecing consumers, pfffft.'
Another thing that I'm saying is that Gow3 and MW2 don't compare in access because one is only for one console and the other is for 2 consoles and the PC, affording it much greater reach - no criticism of either on THAT point, just a salient note when comparing sales.
tends to happen when sequels come out in the same console generation, nothing new or particularly wrong or bad about that

just saying, tho I have no loyalties to either series really

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
666Chaos said:
sneakypenguin said:
Ouch, only a million out of an install base of 35+. Geez I would have at least figured more than 3 % of PS3 owners would purchase one of the few recent tier 1 releases.
Its not a million total it reached the 1 million mark in acouple days there is a big difference.
True but just looking at even just first day sales of other games it doesnt seem too huge for such a big exclusive title, though maybe they will luck out and have a slow steady sales period. I doubt even with a million in sales they are even in the black yet.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Mr. Mike said:
teisjm said:
well obviously it won't outsell MW2 when it's an exclusive. MW2 was on PC, PS3 and 360, so it had more potential costumers.

I'll wait to get it till the prices drop though, got some game si need to finish before buying new ones, and i'd liek to get and finish 1 and 2 first, luckily they've been re-released for teh PS3, so i won't have to borrow a PS2.
True that about the exclusivity. It'll be money well spent, the first two are classics, and, having just finished the third, I can say they're definitely worth your money. If you're a masochist, you'll enjoy playing through on the hardest difficulties.
I'm sure it will, i have no intention of lettin git slip by unplayed, i just got a few games sitting around at home, which i'll play through first, having bought games and not played them yet makes me feel sortof guilty... especially when they're good titles... Damn online multiplayer games for stealign away all of my game time.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Not really surprised, God of War 3 a great freakin' game. But damnit if I can't beat that stupid spider on Titan mode! URGH! Stupid tail slap attack!!

EDIT: To all the people saying "It's an exclusive, of course it wouldn't see as much as MewTwo", Halo 3 was an exclusive and that sold, what, 7 million in a few weeks? Could be wrong, but I really don't think exclusivity matters so much as people think.

Doesn't change the fact that 1 mill is still impressive in a few days, especially if it's only in North America or some other region, but still.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Joa_Belgium said:
paragon1 said:
So who else has already beaten it?
I have. Twice. Such an amazing game. Busy making a walkthrough on Youtube with all the locations of the Godly Possessions and such, but afterwards I'm going to play it on Titan mode.

OT: Well-deserved. It's a worthy farewell to one of the most badass characters ever created. The only problem is that there is no real closure at the end. So Santa Monica, please give us the epilogue!
You know what I found funny about that ending? *SPOILER* They show his body not being there at the ending, but so what? Even if he was dead, he could just walk right out whenever he felt like it. Even if he hadn't done it twice before, whose going to stop him?