God of War 3 Teases ... Something

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
God of War 3 Teases ... Something

Players who have earned a platinum trophy in God of War 3 [http://www.amazon.com/God-War-III-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK9QCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278964175&sr=1-1] have uncovered a curious teaser site that seems to be counting up to something.

Grabbing the platinum trophy of God of War 3 requires some serious dedication, but those with the determination and time to obtain it have been redirected to a hidden section of the God of War site: 'Spartans Stand Tall' [http://www.godofwar.com/spartansstandtall/], which shows what looks like a view of the sea from a cliff side as rain lashes down. In the top-right corner of the site is a circular device with a scrawled symbol on it and a track that seems to be filling up with blood.

The device seems to be a quarter full at the time of writing, possibly relating to the number of people who have unlocked the Platinum trophy, or maybe just counting down time. Either way, it's an intriguing mystery, especially as the symbol on the device seems to be lambda [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda], the meaning of which isn't immediately obvious.

What could this mean? Could it be teasing a new handheld game like Chains of Olympus [http://www.amazon.com/God-War-Chains-Olympus-Sony-PSP/dp/B000R3BN4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278964205&sr=1-1]? Given that Kratos throwing himself into the sea is an important part of the God of War canon, this seems like it could be pretty darn significant. Keep watching this space for more news.

Thanks to [user]Hubilub[/user] for the tip!

Apr 28, 2008
Lambda?

God of War: Half Life?

I kid, I kid.

What I'm guessing is that it could be a game about Kratos's Early history, when he was a general in the Spartan Army.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I really hope it is not God of War 4, because really, where are they suppose to take the series now? It would just drag the series.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, this might point to some sort of prequel, that or Santa Monica are releasing a new Bratz game...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Irridium said:
Lambda?

God of War: Half Life?
"In an effort to get rid of Gordon Freeman once and for all, the Combine have sent him back in time to ancient Greece. Here he must team up with the God of War, Kratos to find his way home."

The worst part is that it's probably already part of someone's fanfiction portfolio =_=

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
I really hope it is not God of War 4, because really, where are they suppose to take the series now? It would just drag the series.
Probably to another time period. Chinese God of War, anyone?

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
"Harley Quinn. Harley Quinn. Harley Quinn. Oh look; a butterfly!" -- Linkara

That's all I thought of when I looked at the site.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Probably to another time period. Chinese God of War, anyone?
I'd prefer Egyptian God of War, or hey, maybe Norse..

Camarilla

Jul 17, 2008
The lambda stood for Lacedaemon (the Ancient Greek for Sparta)or Laconia, and was painted on Spartan shields, which is what the centre of the symbol appears to be.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Doesn't look like a lambda to me. But what do I know? I didn't even recognize it as a cliff until I stared at it for a while.

Camarilla

Jul 17, 2008
CoverYourHead said:
Doesn't look like a lambda to me. But what do I know? I didn't even recognize it as a cliff until I stared at it for a while.
It's a capital lambda.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Well, firstly

And secondly, what if the Lambda is actually a hint for Half-Life 2: Episode 3 being part of a crossover with God of War? I know that this is near impossible, but you must admit that it would be freaking epic.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Camarilla said:
The lambda stood for Lacedaemon (the Ancient Greek for Sparta)or Laconia, and was painted on Spartan shields, which is what the centre of the symbol appears to be.
Oh hey, I did not know that. Thanks for the info :)

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Camarilla said:
CoverYourHead said:
It's a capital lambda.
Oh, thank you. I was confused for a little while there.

Desert Warrior

Sep 15, 2009
I don't know if you guys saw this but in the right corner of the water there appears to be a figment/reflection of Kratos or a face amerging out of the water.
I might be imagining but look real hard and you might see it.
But know me I'm probabaly incorrect any way.
But i say it most likely be the PSP version of the game.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Camarilla said:
I learnededed something today! Yay! That was actually surprisingly interesting, cheers :D

I'd just like to echo that a Norse or Egyptian God of War would be utterly amazing. Even more so if it was still Kratos slaughtering his way through other pantheons.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
And now I'm really ashamed over thinking it was the letter Alpha >.> Shows how much I know about the Greek alphabet.

Didn't actually think this would get a news article though. Hurray for that!