God of War 3 Teases ... Something

Desert Warrior

Sep 15, 2009
Chipperz said:
Camarilla said:
The lambda stood for Lacedaemon (the Ancient Greek for Sparta)or Laconia, and was painted on Spartan shields, which is what the centre of the symbol appears to be.
I learnededed something today! Yay! That was actually surprisingly interesting, cheers :D

I'd just like to echo that a Norse or Egyptian God of War would be utterly amazing. Even more so if it was still Kratos slaughtering his way through other pantheons.
It would be awesome...
But if he dares lays a finger on "MY NORSK MYTHOLOGY!" i will rip his arm out of his socket, Use that arm to poke his gouge his eyeballs out and make his arms feed him his eyes...
DARE SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THOR AND I WILL EAT YOUR HEART!

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Desert Warrior said:
Chipperz said:
Camarilla said:
The lambda stood for Lacedaemon (the Ancient Greek for Sparta)or Laconia, and was painted on Spartan shields, which is what the centre of the symbol appears to be.
I learnededed something today! Yay! That was actually surprisingly interesting, cheers :D

I'd just like to echo that a Norse or Egyptian God of War would be utterly amazing. Even more so if it was still Kratos slaughtering his way through other pantheons.
It would be awesome...
But if he dares lays a finger on "MY NORSK MYTHOLOGY!" i will rip his arm out of his socket, Use that arm to poke his gouge his eyeballs out and make his arms feed him his eyes...
DARE SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THOR AND I WILL EAT YOUR HEART!
Oden owned Thor's ass! That is the truth!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Intresting...I wonder what will happen when its full/ End of the world!?

Hmm...watch this space indeed

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Brotherofwill said:
buy teh haloz said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
I really hope it is not God of War 4, because really, where are they suppose to take the series now? It would just drag the series.
Probably to another time period. Chinese God of War, anyone?
I'd prefer Egyptian God of War, or hey, maybe Norse..
Yeah, because saying that there are other immortal beings that control the universe would not cause any problems to the canon at all...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
Who here remembers how the special features of the original God Of War told the story of Kratos' brother?
It would make sense.

After Hades is dead, Kratos' brother is freed from some torturous device or something, and he takes control over the damned souls of the underworld to extract revenge on Kratos.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Well, seeing that
*EXTREME SPOILER ALERT!!! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!*
*SERIOUSLY!!!*
*NOT THAT YOU HAVE A PS3 OR EVER GONNA GET ONE SO YOU PROBABLY WILL NEVER FIND OUT ANYWAY!!!*

Kratos is as dead as dead gets.
It's either gonna be a prequel or about someone else. (which is pretty fucking obvious)
What is less obvious, however, is the fact that GOrdan Fremon will be the new God of War and fight alien zombies and kill stuff with the Crowbar of Great Science.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Amnestic said:
Irridium said:
Lambda?

God of War: Half Life?
"In an effort to get rid of Gordon Freeman once and for all, the Combine have sent him back in time to ancient Greece. Here he must team up with the God of War, Kratos to find his way home."
*Double Nerdgasm*

When I hear Spartans Stand Tall, I immediatly first think of the "Last Spartan" Captain guy from God of war 2. It's never explained how he made it to where Kratos was, being an ordinary human. Maybe it'll be his story? Before being brutally murdered of course.

Seeing as how theres a cliff and the ocean or whatever, my "He's attempting suicide again like he did in the first game" idea from a previous thread seems more plausible. Maybe they'll show him falling in and dying when enough people do it or whatever.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Not G. Ivingname said:
Brotherofwill said:
buy teh haloz said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
I really hope it is not God of War 4, because really, where are they suppose to take the series now? It would just drag the series.
Probably to another time period. Chinese God of War, anyone?
I'd prefer Egyptian God of War, or hey, maybe Norse..
Yeah, because saying that there are other immortal beings that control the universe would not cause any problems to the canon at all...
Nah, it'd just give Kratos more to kill.

blank0000

Oct 3, 2007
I remember reading a comment with this theory:

- MAybe some DLC to cap off the game a little more evenly. It's possible the pic has something to do with Kratos being in the river of stiyx "or however you spell it" . It would make sense in context of the secret ending and what not. Maybe you have to fight your way out...again.

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
I don't believe it is a lambda. Of course I'm basing a lambda off of what I saw in the Half Life series. It is similar, but the lambda would have another line jutting out from the point at the top.

The symbol on the site does indeed appear to be the symbol that I have come to associate with Sparta.

Hm... yeah I can only see it being a prequel. No "Big Bad" could top Zeus so they would have to somehow, dare I say it, "scale down."

I know. Shocking thing to say about a God of War game.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
BrunDeign said:
I don't believe it is a lambda. Of course I'm basing a lambda off of what I saw in the Half Life series. It is similar, but the lambda would have another line jutting out from the point at the top.

The symbol on the site does indeed appear to be the symbol that I have come to associate with Sparta.

Hm... yeah I can only see it being a prequel. No "Big Bad" could top Zeus so they would have to somehow, dare I say it, "scale down."

I know. Shocking thing to say about a God of War game.
As someone else said, it's a capital lambda while Half-life's is a lower case. The wiki link in the OP demonstrates as such with this picture: Quite large. [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Lambda_uc_lc.svg]

Tanto-chan

Nov 9, 2009
lambda is actually the symbol on the spartan shield so that's most likely what that is given that Kratos is spartan

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
Irridium said:
Lambda?

God of War: Half Life?
"In an effort to get rid of Gordon Freeman once and for all, the Combine have sent him back in time to ancient Greece. Here he must team up with the God of War, Kratos to find his way home."

The worst part is that it's probably already part of someone's fanfiction portfolio =_=
God of Lamar

"you play as the head crab Lamar in this new kid friendly crossover of halflife and god of war."

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
oliveira8 said:
It will probably be DLC. Some silly extra mode I bet.
My money is on DLC, too, but some sort of epilogue instead of an extra mode. When I watched the short video that came after the ending credits, I immediately thought "DLC".