God of War 3 Teases ... Something

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Lambda symbol?, over water?.

A silly guess here but Lambda is the the Greek Symbol of the letter "L", and Lamia was Poisiden's (sea god) daughter I believe?.

Or as we all know Kratos is a Spartan and Gerard Butler (sorry I mean King Leo) is his bestest buddy.

I'm completely wrong but it was fun thinking up the above sillyness.

Amnestic said:
Irridium said:
Lambda?

God of War: Half Life?
"In an effort to get rid of Gordon Freeman once and for all, the Combine have sent him back in time to ancient Greece. Here he must team up with the God of War, Kratos to find his way home."

The worst part is that it's probably already part of someone's fanfiction portfolio =_=
To DevianART!

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
ColdStorage said:
Or as we all know Kratos is a Spartan and Gerard Butler is his bestest buddy.
Dear god...

GAMER CROSSOVER!

Kratos playing as Kratos! It'll be the best blockbuster movie ever!

velcthulhu

Feb 14, 2009
It says right in the link you gave for Lambda that the Spartans put it on their shields... hardly seems like a big mystery to me.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
My guess is that it will be an announcement for a god of war game set in atlantis, I say this because of 2 things.

1) when you watch the dev videos on either god of war 1 or 2 (can't remember which one) the devs make a comment about always have wanting to put in an atlantis level but could never find the space for one.

2) During the fight with Posideon one of the things he shouts at random intervals is "Atlantis shall be avenged!" so I think Kratos may have had something to do with that, why else would he be shouting it?

Regardless what it ends up being I would rather it be some DLC for god of war 3 rather than another psp game.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Everyone seems focused on the shield icon/timer/xp bar/whatever it is... What I find more interesting is the name of the page: Spartans stand tall. Spartans, plural. That and the "cliff overlooking turbulent water" imagery (assuming that it is a cliff and not a rocky beach) leads me to believe this is related to the battle of Thermopylae (if you don't know what that is, go watch the movie 300).
Will they put Kratos in with the 300 at Thermopylae (epic!)?
Will they replace Kratos with King Leonidas, with Kratos becoming the God of War again? (more epic!)?
Will this be a mostly new tactical/team battle/strategy game (with the requisite brutal brawling, of course), not directly involving Kratos (thus opening up the possibility for multiplayer madness)?
These are some questions that need asking, methinks.

*Edit* Using a "real" Spartan would be awesome. It looks like tons of fun to crush skulls with that wicked shield. example:
http://www.spike.com/full-episode/spartan-vs-ninja/31578

Desert Warrior

Sep 15, 2009
Hubilub said:
Desert Warrior said:
Chipperz said:
Camarilla said:
The lambda stood for Lacedaemon (the Ancient Greek for Sparta)or Laconia, and was painted on Spartan shields, which is what the centre of the symbol appears to be.
I learnededed something today! Yay! That was actually surprisingly interesting, cheers :D

I'd just like to echo that a Norse or Egyptian God of War would be utterly amazing. Even more so if it was still Kratos slaughtering his way through other pantheons.
It would be awesome...
But if he dares lays a finger on "MY NORSK MYTHOLOGY!" i will rip his arm out of his socket, Use that arm to poke his gouge his eyeballs out and make his arms feed him his eyes...
DARE SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THOR AND I WILL EAT YOUR HEART!
Oden owned Thor's ass! That is the truth!
Odin's is Thor's dad!
Of course he would whoop his arse....Thats what all fathers do! XD

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
oliveira8 said:
It will probably be DLC. Some silly extra mode I bet.
This probably.

Probably just a survival mode or something.

KeyMaster45 said:
My guess is that it will be an announcement for a god of war game set in atlantis, I say this because of 2 things.

1) when you watch the dev videos on either god of war 1 or 2 (can't remember which one) the devs make a comment about always have wanting to put in an atlantis level but could never find the space for one.

2) During the fight with Posideon one of the things he shouts at random intervals is "Atlantis shall be avenged!" so I think Kratos may have had something to do with that, why else would he be shouting it?

Regardless what it ends up being I would rather it be some DLC for god of war 3 rather than another psp game.
Or this.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Logan Westbrook said:
The device seems to be a quarter full at the time of writing, possibly relating to the number of people who have unlocked the Platinum trophy, or maybe just counting down time.
Something about it screamed seasons to me. The vernal equinox was just yesterday, which would explain why it's exactly at the first segment. Maybe there's going to be a new game released this winter?