God of War 3 Teases ... Something

Chakanus

Sep 8, 2009
After seeing this, my immediate thought lies on a possible prequel, but I am surely mistaken. You've just killed the Gods in this trilogy, how can they top that while he is still human? Even commanding an army lacks in comparison with destroying a Titan, right?

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
This is great to fall asleep to. Not the thread, the sound effect. Rain and distant thunder, helps me fall asleep, at least.

Uh, do I have any speculation? No. Could be anything.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Hubilub said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Kratos is as dead as dead gets.
No, he is not.

Did you not see the scene after the end credits?
It seems no one watched after the credits because everyone's saying he's dead.

HE'S NOT DEAD YOU IDIOTS!!!

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Hubilub said:
The_ModeRazor said:
No, he is not.

It seems no one watched after the credits because everyone's saying he's dead.

HE'S NOT DEAD YOU IDIOTS!!!
FINALLY!

Some other people that had the patience to sit through the credits and see that ball grabber of a scene.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Hubilub said:
The_ModeRazor said:
No, he is not.

This and the fact he was bleeding out on what im guessing was an etching of the phoenix in the ground. Which for the one or three people out there that doesn't know it is usually associated with life and or re-birth. Especially in Video games.

But on topic im going to guess that it's for DLC. I thin ki remeber reading somewhere that this game would in fact have DLC.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well, there's still Apollo to kill, I guess. And Dionysus, Hestia, and Artemis, if they wanted to round off the rest of the Greek Pantheon. The lambda is an interesting sight, though it kinda goes with the phi from the first one. I don't remember if the second had one, and I don't recall one from 3. It has been featured on the Spartan Shields, but I never knew if it meant anything, or was just decorative, or was symbolic of victory somehow. God of War 4--Rebuilding Sparta, taking on the godless world?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Coelasquid said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Well, there's still Apollo to kill, I guess.
I'm kinda going under the assumption that Apollo was Helios.
Uhm? Noo...Helios was Helios. If anything, they used the things Apollo is god of and gave them to Hermes, what with the plague and all. They also gave Demeter's area to Hera, for some strange reason.

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
Uhm? Noo...Helios was Helios. If anything, they used the things Apollo is god of and gave them to Hermes, what with the plague and all. They also gave Demeter's area to Hera, for some strange reason.
I'm quotin' wiki here so I know you gotta take this with a grain of salt, but I always grew up hearing Apollo's name associated with the sun.

"In Hellenistic times, especially during the third century BCE, as Apollo Helios he became identified among Greeks with Helios, god of the sun, and his sister Artemis similarly equated with Selene, goddess of the moon."

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Coelasquid said:
BehattedWanderer said:
I'm quotin' wiki here so I know you gotta take this with a grain of salt, but I always grew up hearing Apollo's name associated with the sun.

"In Hellenistic times, especially during the third century BCE, as Apollo Helios he became identified among Greeks with Helios, god of the sun, and his sister Artemis similarly equated with Selene, goddess of the moon."
I'm not quite sure who did that, but someone is pushing some false blab on that wiki, my friend.
http://www.theoi.com/Pantheon.html
scroll down a bit, it lists out the gods. Helios gets the sun, Apollo gets disease and prophesy.

Optional Opinion

Dec 29, 2008
Well if Kratos is Zeus' son then that means he's Uranus' great grandson and if his bloody genitals spawned Aphrodite what would a dead Kratos sea corpse create? (Just because you saw that scene doesn't make him still alive*)

* That scene with the pheonix could represent re-birth but not as Kratos, as Uranus' wang gave birth to Aphrodite, Kratos' corpse could give birth to Odin? or even the holy trinity... three wise men anyone?

But I could be looking too much into it and it probably is just DLC.

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
I'm not quite sure who did that, but someone is pushing some false blab on that wiki, my friend.
scroll down a bit, it lists out the gods. Helios gets the sun, Apollo gets disease and prophesy.
Arguing Greek myth is kind of like arguing X-Men history, with all the retcons and retellings. Sometimes Apollo and Helios are equated with each other and sometimes they aren't. Go ask a handful of random people what Apollo is the god of, because I'm sure some will say "the sun". I'm just saying when I played the game I assumed they were going with the Apollo=Helios approach because Apollo wasn't anywhere to be seen.

KingParappa

Apr 16, 2009
Coelasquid said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Arguing Greek myth is kind of like arguing X-Men history, with all the retcons and retellings. Sometimes Apollo and Helios are equated with each other and sometimes they aren't. Go ask a handful of random people what Apollo is the god of, because I'm sure some will say "the sun". I'm just saying when I played the game I assumed they were going with the Apollo=Helios approach because Apollo wasn't anywhere to be seen.
But you do get his Bow so he must be around somewhere...
Yea I was expecting Artemis to show up seeing that she was in the first game.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
kesslerparadox52 said:
OK, I understand publishers probably want to milk God Of War for sequels, but I really don't see how it's possible. I mean,

EVERYONE'S FUCKIN DEAD!!!!

EDIT: Hey, 200th post!
There is still Norse, Greek and Egyptian mythology yet...

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
I actually have another theory reguarding the four quarter blood shield. GOWIII was released in March right? And there are nine more months untill the new year right? So with every three months there will be another quarter of blood filled up, so on January 1st 2011 we will find out what this site is about.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
I just thought of something about my previous comment. January 1st 2011 if that is broken down into numbers we get 112011. At first it my seem like nothing b;ut if we put the numbers into letters then we're starting to get somewhere. This was GOW3 right so if we split these numbers into groups of three we get 11 20 11, switch them to letters we get KTK which i belive means Kratos The King, or something this is still just a theory.

xfx reflex

Nov 18, 2009
I think sony is going to milk God of War like Microsoft is milking Halo. And as with Halo, i'm not sure this is a bad thing. You see, I've crated this equation to explain everything;

God of War = good

good thing + more = more good things

more good things = desirable

therefore: more God of War = desirable

I'm sorry, did I just blow your mind?