God of War Collection Trailer Shows Off Smoother Kratos

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
God of War Collection Trailer Shows Off Smoother Kratos

The God of War Collection for the PlayStation 3 is the perfect opportunity to play the first two God of War titles, or to play them again all smoothed out.

The newly released God of War Collection trailer proves that it isn't just the PS2 versions of God of War and God of War 2 plopped on a disc and shipped out to rabid Kratos fans that will buy anything with his face on it. While the textures and models are the same as on the PS2, the graphics have been given a noticeable upgrade.

The God of War Collection combines both the first and second God of War titles on a single Blu-ray disc, but now running at 60 frames per second at 720p with 2X anti-aliasing smoothing out all of those rough edges. The anti-aliased models look pretty good, though I hope the smoothing hasn't taken any of the bite out of Kratos's blades.

According to the trailer, the God of War Collection is still planned for release in November for $39.99. It will also add trophy support for the two games, a nice touch. If you have not played God of War or God of War 2, you simply must pre-order this game right now. You even get yourself a PSN voucher code for the God of War 3 E3 2009 demo, which I'm sure some people would pay for by itself. Maybe now there can be some DLC to expand the gameplay for God of War and God of War 2? Just some wishful thinking, though it would be neat if something like that occurred.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
yeah i might get this, i have the ps2 version of the game but having it in nice 720p would be good as well and ways to get more trophies as well

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I'm getting pushed closer and closer to getting a PS3.
First Uncharted 2, and now this.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Eh...Not really the kind of game I'd want to buy again.

Nice improvement of the visuals, but where's our remakes of Abe's Odyssey/Exodus and Populous: The Beginning?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I am so getting this, I finished God of War 1 but barely remember anything and I never finished God of War 2, so this package is a perfect way for me to catch up on what's going on.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
If there's any difference I see in the graphics is that by bringing them up to HD standards they've only made the models show their age. Other than that the games look like they did when I played them on my PS2.

In my opinion they should have used the time spent touching up the older games to get the 3rd one out faster.

theownerer

Aug 9, 2009
Its pretty lame that theyre just re-releasing games with better graphics. Although they were good games I would never buy them again so they look a bit better.

Also anyone know if the third one will be available for ps2? dont feel like buying a ps3 for it.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Radeonx said:
I'm getting pushed closer and closer to getting a PS3.
First Uncharted 2, and now this.
Same here...Uncharted, God of War...I'll probably break once Heavy Rain is released though...

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
theownerer said:
Its pretty lame that theyre just re-releasing games with better graphics. Although they were good games I would never buy them again so they look a bit better.

Also anyone know if the third one will be available for ps2? dont feel like buying a ps3 for it.
Did you seriously just ask that question?

Anyway I probably wont buy it, there's too many other games to play than two games I've played three times each. Can't wait for GOW3 though.

Apr 28, 2008
watching this really makes me want to play God of War. I still need the second game.

I may get it. Depends if I can remember where I put my PS2...

theownerer

Aug 9, 2009
BaldursBananaSoap said:
theownerer said:

Anyway I probably wont buy it, there's too many other games to play than two games I've played three times each. Can't wait for GOW3 though.
What? Pretty sure GoW2 came out on both ps2 and ps3 at the same time so why not.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
theownerer said:
BaldursBananaSoap said:
theownerer said:

What? Pretty sure GoW2 came out on both ps2 and ps3 at the same time so why not.
IT DID? Where do you get your facts from?

theownerer

Aug 9, 2009
BaldursBananaSoap said:
theownerer said:
BaldursBananaSoap said:
theownerer said:

IT DID? Where do you get your facts from?
Well it came out a year after the ps3 came out so I figured it came out for the ps3 as well.

Edit: wait now that i think of it, if it DID come out for the ps3 then they wouldnt release it again. My bad.

GoldenCondor

May 6, 2009
I couldn't see a big difference in the quality, is it because I don't have an HD Monitor?
(just kidding.)

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Most definitely getting this.
Is it just me or do the graphics look almost the same as the PS2 versions?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I have the first two on the PS2.But seeing it's busted,i might just get this.