God of War Collection Trailer Shows Off Smoother Kratos

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Radeonx said:
I'm getting pushed closer and closer to getting a PS3.
First Uncharted 2, and now this.
Same here. I've already asked for a PS3 Slim and Uncharted 2 for Christmas. :p There's so many great exclusives coming out, I can't stand it anymore!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
KeyMaster45 said:
If there's any difference I see in the graphics is that by bringing them up to HD standards they've only made the models show their age. Other than that the games look like they did when I played them on my PS2.

In my opinion they should have used the time spent touching up the older games to get the 3rd one out faster.
I believe that the compilation is being handeled by a different company, not the GoW3 devs.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
You even get yourself a PSN voucher code for the God of War 3 E3 2009 demo
Unless you live in Europe! After all Europe and Austrailia are countries that are shunned in the video game world, and the day that we are given equal oppurtunities in the states is the day that the Halo Movie will be released and will appease EVERYONE who watches it.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
Jumplion said:
I am so getting this, I finished God of War 1 but barely remember anything and I never finished God of War 2, so this package is a perfect way for me to catch up on what's going on.
I'm in the same boat, so I'll definitely be picking this up

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
I might get this, despite already owning them, just because they look so pretty and they are really good games.
Not to mention the fact that my PS2's power cord is missing...

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
For 40 euros, 2 games and trophies, I would prefer this over Super Street Fighter IV any day.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I never sold either game so I dunno if I should even haha. They're amazing on PS2 so I don't see the point in upgrading when I own 'em. Though it is cool that they did it.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
The Great JT said:
Are we just supposed to accept that spartan warriors all ran around in loincloths?
Would you say it was madness?
(Go on, say it, say it...)
This is... Sparta?

OT, even though I've played and beaten both GOW I & II, I don't own either. This is a perfect opportunity to add these stellar games to my collection. Plus, trophy support is never a bad thing.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Radeonx said:
You took the words right out of my mouth. The PS3's looking increasingly enticing. But do I get a DS lite this Christmas, to celebrate my getting Pokemon Platinum (I PLAY IT FOR THE GAMEPLAY, I SWEAR), or embrace the PS3 goodness? I can't decide!

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
The_Oracle said:
Radeonx said:
You took the words right out of my mouth. The PS3's looking increasingly enticing. But do I get a DS lite this Christmas, to celebrate my getting Pokemon Platinum (I PLAY IT FOR THE GAMEPLAY, I SWEAR), or embrace the PS3 goodness? I can't decide!
I'd personally get a PS3, since you aren't missing out on much from upgrading from a normal DS to a DS lite. That's my opinion, though.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Joshimodo said:
Eh...Not really the kind of game I'd want to buy again.

Nice improvement of the visuals, but where's our remakes of Abe's Odyssey/Exodus
i thought the exact same thing as i replayed them a couple weeks back when steam had them on sale, but sadly i just think that they are to hard for the current age of gamers, Abe though great games (except from the temples which outstayed their welcome pretty fast) were controller-smashing-lose-faith-in-mankind hard, something we have moved past now we only want our games to be challenging, and all in all they dont look so bad, since they were made in clay they never really get unplayable (see the neverhood).

ot: i wonder if they made the intro movies to the quick time event boss battles disappear, i dont hate quick time events as much as others but i did hate how every time i failed them i had to watch the same cut scene over and over as an eternal reminder of how slow i am.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Maybe now there can be some DLC to expand the gameplay for God of War and God of War 2? Just some wishful thinking, though it would be neat if something like that occurred.
Definitely. I'd love if they added some of the stuff that they cut from the first game that they showed in the special features - like the warded platform that Kratos has to ride through the deadly sandstorm, and the giant bird boss that you piss off by pulling it's babies out of their eggs and carrying them around!

And the collection is yet another thing I have to get whenever I finally get a PS3...

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
The Great JT said:
Are we just supposed to accept that spartan warriors all ran around in loincloths?
I think it's interesting to note that of all the outlandinsh and unrealistic things Kratos does in the course of a game, you picked his clothes to gripe about.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
theownerer said:
Also anyone know if the third one will be available for ps2? dont feel like buying a ps3 for it.
Of course not... (as in of course it's not out on the PS2)

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
The Rockerfly said:
I played them on the ps2 and I don't see any real difference but hey that's me
I have to agree with this. I watched the trailer and didn't see too much improvment over the original PS2 releases...

Sorry, but I don't think trophy support and slightly improved graphics is worth purchasing these games again...especially if you own a backwards compatable PS3...

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
KeyMaster45 said:
If there's any difference I see in the graphics is that by bringing them up to HD standards they've only made the models show their age. Other than that the games look like they did when I played them on my PS2.

In my opinion they should have used the time spent touching up the older games to get the 3rd one out faster.
Yes...because the people that were working on remastering this would have been working on the third game.

I strongly disagree. Not working on this wouldn't have sped up the third game and this way I can finally play them (like other folks who missed the bandwagon) without having to grab a copy of the old ones.

I'm very excited. I wish more companies would do this instead of milking a bunch of bullshit spinoffs.

I just don't see much point in complaining about 18 dollar games. That is probably what people would get these used without any graphical updates.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Radeonx said:
Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat here.

A friend just got a PS3, and I was playing some Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 and some LBP... and they were awesome. Well, maybe not Killzone 2 since it was just your standard FPS with even more shades of brown than before, but you know what I'm trying to say.

I'd really like to play Uncharted 2 for myself, because it really was damned fun. God of War as a franchise has not really interested me though, I must admit. If I do however get a PS3, I'll definitely get me the collection.

I guess the only thing really holding me back is that I don't have an HDTV, and the fact that Mass Effect 2 might not come out for the PS3. At the moment though, a PS3 is looking more interesting than a new PC.