God of War Collection Trailer Shows Off Smoother Kratos

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Catkid906 said:
Tom Goldman said:
You even get yourself a PSN voucher code for the God of War 3 E3 2009 demo
Unless you live in Europe! After all Europe and Austrailia are countries that are shunned in the video game world, and the day that we are given equal oppurtunities in the states is the day that the Halo Movie will be released and will appease EVERYONE who watches it.
Europe isn't a country, it's a continent. Australia is a continent as well, but it's still one country. I'm sure the French, the Spanish, the Germans, the Norwegians, the Poles, the Dutch, the Italians, etc... would all like to be called the same country.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Never been interested in Wad of Gore and this didn't win me over at all. Maybe because this "HD" remake still looks like a PS2 game.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
im definitely getting this. then ill download COO on PSN and then buy GOW 3= WIN WIN :D

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
the graphics hadnt improved much and i own both games...

i would rather break out my half dead PS2 to play them rather than pay cause it doesnt have backwards compatability and its now in a bit of HD

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Huh, this almost makes me regret selling my PS3 to concentrate on my Xbox 360. Also can anyone show me a comparison of the original games next to the compilation versions? I'm not great at seeing graphical increases unless I also have what came before infront of me.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Vern said:
Catkid906 said:
Tom Goldman said:
You even get yourself a PSN voucher code for the God of War 3 E3 2009 demo
Unless you live in Europe! After all Europe and Austrailia are countries that are shunned in the video game world, and the day that we are given equal oppurtunities in the states is the day that the Halo Movie will be released and will appease EVERYONE who watches it.
Europe isn't a country, it's a continent. Australia is a continent as well, but it's still one country. I'm sure the French, the Spanish, the Germans, the Norwegians, the Poles, the Dutch, the Italians, etc... would all like to be called the same country.
I hereby dub you Grammar man! Correcting Grammar wherever possilbe!

Yes sorry, it was a typo.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
This isn't being released in Europe till 2010

UTTER FAIL SONY!!!

Ho can you F**K this up SCEE? Again, this product so OBVIOUSLY has as much appeal in Europe as North America yet those IDIOTS at SCEE couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and have said categorically GoW collection cannot be released in EU in 2009 and are merely "looking into" a release.

GRRRR!! Sometimes I wonder how in the hell PS3 sells better in Europe than North America when SCEE (Sony Europe) repeatedly fucks us in the ass with release dates and 90% of PSN games ever released have not even been released in Europe. And then the ridiculously unfair pricing, 360 goes for £200 here, yet PS3 goes for £285, shouldn't they be the same price?

Who wants to bet if this does ever come to Europe they will charge full price £40 rather than 2/3rds price (US release was $40 instead of $60) of £26 as it SHOULD be.

Must stop this rant now... I just don't know what will ever cure SCEE's crippling incompetence.

May 7, 2008
BaldursBananaSoap said:
theownerer said:
BaldursBananaSoap said:
theownerer said:
Its pretty lame that theyre just re-releasing games with better graphics. Although they were good games I would never buy them again so they look a bit better.

Also anyone know if the third one will be available for ps2? dont feel like buying a ps3 for it.
Did you seriously just ask that question?

Anyway I probably wont buy it, there's too many other games to play than two games I've played three times each. Can't wait for GOW3 though.
What? Pretty sure GoW2 came out on both ps2 and ps3 at the same time so why not.
IT DID? Where do you get your facts from?
Wikipedia

>.>...lol joking

May 7, 2008
Treblaine said:

And then the ridiculously unfair pricing, 360 goes for £200 here, yet PS3 goes for £285, shouldn't they be the same price?.
so?

and no lol there completely different products...ps3 has blu - ray for god sake and the PS3's £245 not 285.

-___-

360 arcade - 200 (or less now)

PS3 120 gb - 245 (sometimes with games)

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Nice to see that Sony still supports its fans likes its fans money.

The first thirty seconds, though?

Made me laugh.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
To all the people who said they don't think buying the same game over again is worth it for the graphical upgrade: I don't think you're the target audience here. I'm guessing this is intended for the people who missed the games during the PS2 era and those who got on the Playstation bus during PS3 so they never got the chance. If some avid fans shell out for the upgrade, all the better, but I don't think they are hoping to draw in the people who already have the first two games...

inglioti

Oct 10, 2009
Radeonx said:
I'm getting pushed closer and closer to getting a PS3.
First Uncharted 2, and now this.
played uncharted 2 yesterday.... *drools

and multiplayer too!

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
sorry user name taken. said:
Treblaine said:

And then the ridiculously unfair pricing, 360 goes for £200 here, yet PS3 goes for £285, shouldn't they be the same price?.
so?

and no lol there completely different products...ps3 has blu - ray for god sake and the PS3's £245 not 285.

-___-

Hmm, I saw PS3 slim in HMV going for £285... not a special bundle or anything.

But you're right, checking Play.com shows a PS3 Slim 120GB is actually going for £249.99... but Play.com is always able to get things cheaper than the high street retail prices.

See, they're selling a new Xbox 360 Elite for £189.99:

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3356849/Xbox-360-Elite-Console/Product.html

o_O

Well I guess the Blu-ray is value added but the point I was trying to make is the disparity between how the consoles are priced in the USA:
360 = $299
PS3 = $299

Yet in the UK going by the best online prices there is a £60 difference in price, equivalent to a $100 difference going by current exchange rate...

I'm not pissed about the price of the PS3 Slim in and of itself (I bought it at launch anyway) and I guess for what it offers £250 is not that bad... but I just hate the inequality Sony is showing between the European and American markets.

NB: let me emphasis the PS3 is REALLY great (especially now both Blu-rays and 1080p monitors are down to sane prices) and people should get one yet that doesn't make it right what Sony is doing; selling the PS3 at a huge loss in USA while exploiting their Loyal European market.

May 7, 2008
Treblaine said:
sorry user name taken. said:
Treblaine said:

so?

-___-

Hmm, I saw PS3 slim in HMV going for £285... not a special bundle or anything.

But you're right, checking Play.com shows a PS3 Slim 120GB is actually going for £249.99... but Play.com is always able to get things cheaper than the high street retail prices.

See, they're selling a new Xbox 360 Elite for £189.99:

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3356849/Xbox-360-Elite-Console/Product.html

o_O

Well I guess the Blu-ray is value added but the point I was trying to make is the disparity between how the consoles are priced in the USA:
360 = $299
PS3 = $299

Yet in the UK going by the best online prices there is a £60 difference in price, equivalent to a $100 difference going by current exchange rate...

I'm not pissed about the price of the PS3 Slim in and of itself (I bought it at launch anyway) and I guess for what it offers £250 is not that bad... but I just hate the inequality Sony is showing between the European and American markets.

NB: let me emphasis the PS3 is REALLY great (especially now both Blu-rays and 1080p monitors are down to sane prices) and people should get one yet that doesn't make it right what Sony is doing; selling the PS3 at a huge loss in USA while exploiting their Loyal European market.

i wasnt bitching back lol just saying that each console has different things to offer ^_^

i personally like the older ps3 models the newer ones look cheap like the psp go...>.> ~coughs~
Most retail prices vary any way, though most places I've seen have sold PS3s for £245.
I think the reason Sony are selling the PS3 at the same price as the 360 in America, is that they see it as a more important market and are willing to sell at more of a loss if it means gaining some ground in the console race in the run up to Chirstmas.