Godzilla Vs. Kong Thread (Godzilla X Kong included)

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Honestly, if things involve Dr Weird I would have no problem with it. It would be crazy seeing him say "Now I get to live my life long dream of Kong & Godzilla fighting each other! There can be only one king!".
INJECT THE GIANT MONKEY WITH THE LIVE SCORPIONS STEVE!! NO I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT!! NOW I'M GOING TO TIE GERBELS TO MY TOES AND HAMSTERS TO MY NIPPLES, AND SEE WHICH SIDE IS ABLE TO TEAR ME IN HALF FIRST!!!! HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Reactions: BrawlMan

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
A company isn't going to kill off a cash cow for some versus movie
Or they could pull a Aliens Vs Predator and have both parties die, and then just bring more of them back. I mean they've killed off Godzilla is basically every Godzilla movie because there really isn't anything else to do with him. You're not doing a storyline of him losing his job, or having a wacky wedding. Godzilla is either alive or dead, and that's the arc of his character.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Or they could pull a Aliens Vs Predator and have both parties die, and then just bring more of them back. I mean they've killed off Godzilla is basically every Godzilla movie because there really isn't anything else to do with him. You're not doing a storyline of him losing his job, or having a wacky wedding. Godzilla is either alive or dead, and that's the arc of his character.
I suppose they could just cheat and do that too.

It works better with Alien v Predator just because the Xenomorphs and Predators aren't individual characters. You could kill a million of them and there will just be more of them running around somewhere else. Where Godzilla and King Kong are specific characters but they've done that plenty of times before where they "kill" Godzilla and then Godzilla's just like SIKE!!! (or Godzilla had a baby and baby Godzilla also grew up into a giant lizard monster).

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I suppose they could just cheat and do that too.

It works better with Alien v Predator just because the Xenomorphs and Predators aren't individual characters. You could kill a million of them and there will just be more of them running around somewhere else. Where Godzilla and King Kong are specific characters but they've done that plenty of times before where they "kill" Godzilla and then Godzilla's just like SIKE!!! (or Godzilla had a baby and baby Godzilla also grew up into a giant lizard monster).
Especially if my theory that Godzilla is angry because there's a lady Godzilla, they could kill off both, but an end credits stinger shows a clutch of eggs somewhere and its all "See? Godzilla Jr will return to fight the Giant Brine Shrimp in Godzilla: Reclamation staring Weena Mercator as the Hopping Woman" turns out to be correct.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Even when it's two bad guys facing off like Freddy Vs Jason, they usually still don't have an actual winner. F v J had a fake-out winner but ultimately neither won or lost. Unless you were a promiscuous teenager who smoked the devil's lettuce, then you probably lost as one of them murdered you per the slasher killer rulebook.

A company isn't going to kill off a cash cow for some versus movie
Then what's the point of a vs. movie if nobody ever wins the fight?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I mean for the spectator.
Of course it's always money for the studio.
For myself at least, I just want an entertaining movie. I'm going in expecting neither to win (or if one wins, it'll be a fake-out win). I'm on Team "Giant Monsters blowing shit up" :D

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
For myself at least, I just want an entertaining movie. I'm going in expecting neither to win (or if one wins, it'll be a fake-out win). I'm on Team "Giant Monsters blowing shit up" :D
Fair enough.
I like it when a fight has meaning because there's something at stake and I care who wins.

Wintermute

Elite Member
Apr 25, 2020
Pindorama
Looks alright, the song used in the trailer sucks, and taking a closer look at that map of South America, it looks like Godzilla attacked my city, so I'm just gonna pretend he killed me and skip this.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
These vs. movies between good guys are so boring. Nobody ever actually wins, there're no lasting consequences, and there's always some middle of the road compromise. See Batman v Superman, Civil War, etc. Each will land a couple of good shots, get their hero moment and then punch the clock for the sequel bait.
Yes, but this time it's a nuclear breath dinosaur and a giant monkey, who're fighting.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Further speculation

These vs. movies between good guys are so boring. Nobody ever actually wins, there're no lasting consequences, and there's always some middle of the road compromise. See Batman v Superman, Civil War, etc. Each will land a couple of good shots, get their hero moment and then punch the clock for the sequel bait.
Yeah I agree, they always boil down to basically two camps of fanboys, arguing about "X power/ability would negate Y power/ability" "nuh uh! If they negated Y, he would just use Ultra-Z! Nothing can beat that!" which I find tedious. But, given the massive number of creatures in this franchise overall, and their willingness to include them, I suspect it's going to be a "Act 1 fight, Act 2 fight but realize it's a misunderstanding for some reason(mind control is already established as a way to drive these monsters into a frenzy), they stop that around the start of Act 3, and The Real Badguy will be revealed in his True Form, and they will tag team the third one, then bro-fist each other, and stomp off to opposite ends of the planet until the next film, cue credits."

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I went to the theatre a week ago.
Well SOME of us live in a shithole country where you can't count on half the population to do basic mild inconveniences like wash their hands and wear a mask.