GOG.com Kicks Off Winter Sale Today by Giving Away Neverwinter Nights to Everyone

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
GOG.com Kicks Off Winter Sale Today by Giving Away Neverwinter Nights to Everyone

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1364/1364757.jpgGOG's Winter Sale begins today, and you can celebrate with a free copy of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition.

It's the season of digital game sales, and even though the Steam Autumn Sale ended earlier this week, you can still save on some great games. GOG.com kicks off its "Monstrous Winter Sale" today, and you can grab a copy of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition without spending a dime.

The sale began this morning at 6 AM ET, and will continue through December 11 at 11:59 PM ET. As with previous GOG sales, there's an XP mechanic. You can earn XP for checking in daily, for buying games, and for numerous other things. Earn enough XP, and you can unlock three more free games: Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, Shadowrun Dragonfall, and STASIS.

There are some nice bundle deals in the sale, including the ability to build your own themed bundle, from EA action games to Star Wars games, D&D games, and more. Another deal worth noting is The Witcher III: Game of the Year Edition for $29.99.

The free NWN deal is only good for the first 48 hours, so if you're interested in that, make sure you pick it up before 6 AM on December 3. You can also check out a few quality mods suggested by the GOG folks [https://www.gog.com/news/the_amazing_world_of_neverwinter_nights_mods] to enhance your NWN experience.

You can find all the deals at GOG.com [https://www.gog.com/].

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Damn, I already have all reward-games.

Free Neverwinter Nights copy is a fine thing though.

Thank you, GOG.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
Good way to get me to dig through their store and set up a wishlist. Got an old game I used to play, and now I've a wishlist with a few other old titles I wouldn't mind playing again. Marketing done right.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Uh... How do I claim/install it? I just keep getting put in a loop that swings me between two pages and I don't see a 'download' link anywhere.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
Kinda desperate GOg. I mean, really. Your Fall sale wasn't even a week ago. But I suppose they have to get their sale out before steam does. they know by now no one really pays attention to their lackluster discount with a Steam Sale going on.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Does NWN still use the now 2 years defunct Gamespy for multiplayer or did it get a GOG integration?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
IMAO, Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition is the most valuable game in the GoG archive.

On one hand, I'm a little ticked that they're giving it away for free when I had to buy it awhile ago. But on the other hand, more people are playing this amazing incredible game.

Imre Csete said:
Does NWN still use the now 2 years defunct Gamespy for multiplayer or did it get a GOG integration?
https://www.reddit.com/r/neverwinternights/comments/3czz6n/does_nwn1_still_have_multiplayer/

Short answer, yes.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I knew being strong and resisting the Steam sale would pay off! If I have the option of choosing between Steam and GOG for a game purchase, I'll go with the latter (unless the Steam version has frequent updates or an active Workshop).

I've always wanted to try Neverwinter Nights. I guess now's as good a time as any. And hey, my previous XP from the Monster Fall Sale carried over! Looks like I'm guaranteed to get Shadow Warrior Classic Redux for free as well!