GOG Denies New Policy Circumvents Australian Censorship of Witcher 2

Merkavar

New member
Aug 21, 2010
2,429
0
0
awe this is the first i heard about witcher 2 being censored. so whats being censored this time?

lucky i already ordered a copy online from the US just incase they censored it.
 

CD-R

New member
Mar 1, 2009
1,355
0
0
DoW Lowen said:
Okay so just to clarify, GOG is a platform for downloading games for the PC, much like Steam. And if I wanted to get an uncensored version of Witcher 2 I can do so from there?
Yep. But unlike Steam you can download them as many times as you want And they have ZERO DRM. They've also been patched and pre-optimised to run on modern systems. And they give away free games too. I'm serious they gave me a free copy of Jagged Alliance and I have no idea why.

tl;dr
Why are you still reading this and not signing up for an account.
 

theriddlen

New member
Apr 6, 2010
897
0
0
I don't know how possibly one could not love those guys at GOG.

Merkavar said:
awe this is the first i heard about witcher 2 being censored. so whats being censored this time?

lucky i already ordered a copy online from the US just incase they censored it.
Guess what, boobies. Act like you are surprised.
 

Merkavar

New member
Aug 21, 2010
2,429
0
0
theriddlen said:
I don't know how possibly one could not love those guys at GOG.

Merkavar said:
awe this is the first i heard about witcher 2 being censored. so whats being censored this time?

lucky i already ordered a copy online from the US just incase they censored it.
Guess what, boobies. Act like you are surprised.
i guess i could live with boobs being censored. but im just glad the US version isnt censored and thats the ersion i preordered.

with witcher 1 wasnt there an officle patch that uncensored the game eventually? how is the patch legal but the uncensored verion illegal?
 

theriddlen

New member
Apr 6, 2010
897
0
0
Merkavar said:
theriddlen said:
I don't know how possibly one could not love those guys at GOG.

Merkavar said:
awe this is the first i heard about witcher 2 being censored. so whats being censored this time?

lucky i already ordered a copy online from the US just incase they censored it.
Guess what, boobies. Act like you are surprised.
i guess i could live with boobs being censored. but im just glad the US version isnt censored and thats the ersion i preordered.

with witcher 1 wasnt there an officle patch that uncensored the game eventually? how is the patch legal but the uncensored verion illegal?
You are talking about logic here. Unfortunately these rules do not apply to Australian government.
 

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
2,336
0
0
CD-R said:
DoW Lowen said:
Okay so just to clarify, GOG is a platform for downloading games for the PC, much like Steam. And if I wanted to get an uncensored version of Witcher 2 I can do so from there?
Yep. But unlike Steam you can download them as many times as you want And they have ZERO DRM. They've also been patched and pre-optimised to run on modern systems. And they give away free games too. I'm serious they gave me a free copy of Jagged Alliance and I have no idea why.

tl;dr
Why are you still reading this and not signing up for an account.
Thanks, will do =)
 

BabyRaptor

New member
Dec 17, 2010
1,505
0
0
I have no interest in this game, but I'm buying it out of support for these people. (Assuming I have the spare cash.)
 

Infernai

New member
Apr 14, 2009
2,605
0
0
Censored? Oh please, give the modding community some time and they'll develop a work around patch for it...god i love the modding community of games ^^
 

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
276
0
0
I kinda wish i had heard of this before i got the AU version, oh well, i will just look for a patch in a few weeks.
 

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
13,768
0
0
+2 Renegade.
+10 Respect.

As an Australian, I applaud these people. However I would never ever exploit the system to get a fair price or dodge censorship. After, all the government should always get the final say on exactly what media adults are allowed to consume.

Also, in unrelated news, I am no longer Australian. I am now proud citizen of the USA. Jebus! Apple pie! God bless Americah!
 

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
2,594
0
0
Zhukov said:
+2 Renegade.
+10 Respect.

As an Australian, I applaud these people. However I would never ever exploit the system to get a fair price or dodge censorship. After, all the government should always get the final say on exactly what media adults are allowed to consume.
At least if you do decide to buy the Australian version, you will get about $25 worth of GOG credit, to even things up somewhat.
 

rougeknife

New member
Jan 2, 2008
202
0
0
Live in Australia, and I constantly fuck around with VPN's on Steam just to save on price - but this here is beaut.
 

Pinstar

New member
Jul 22, 2009
642
0
0
I may buy this game just on principal. I'm from the US so I wouldn't really benefit from this policy change, but that doesn't matter. Any company that is interested in consumer rights is good in my book.
 

Treblaine

New member
Jul 25, 2008
8,682
0
0
GoG continue to earn their namesake.

Now if only I had any money I'd buy it right now.
 

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
401
0
0
For what it's worth, it's super easy to fool IP-based geolocation. It's incredibly unreliable.
 

Thoric485

New member
Aug 17, 2008
632
0
0
Turning a blind eye to an existing loophole is one thing, going out of your way to create a loophole is an entire new level of bro-ness.