Goin to see transformers

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Goin to see transformers tonight and let me just say, i dont care what you think.
The only thing I havent liked about the movies is too much focus on the humans(which did work for the first) but made the second weak, namely shyla and fox. plus the seconds plot didnt really make sense and probably shouldve been reworked but the third promises shockwave and i love me some shockwave. Shyla is unnecessarily back in this movie as well and with a model replaced girlfriend so yeah i probably wont care for whatever part he plays in the story but its but thats what war for cybertrons for(no humans) and at the end of the day all i want to see is some transformers....plus its always just been about selling the toys right and they can always reboot the series infinitely(it is hollywood after all)

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
You say the third movie promises Shockwave, and that this is a good thing.

The second movie promised Devastator, and all they had him do was dig a hole and have his testicles shot off.

I'd be more cautious if I were you...

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
*Shia

I thought the first film was awesome. The second one...not so much. Firstly, Skidz and Mudflap. 'Nuff said about them.

Also...the story to the second just wasn't as good. The action scenes were fun - but it's a Michael Bay movie so it's always going to be...albeit a little over the top.

I'm looking forward to seeing the third. I don't know how they're going to incorporate Sam's new love though, seeing as the end of the second was about how much he and Mikaela loved each other...but hey!

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Redingold said:

The second movie promised Devastator, and all they had him do was dig a hole and have his testicles shot off.

he also raped a pyramid.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
I will definetly be seeing Transformers at some point. Because, giant fighting robots. Enough said.

But, do I expect it to be good? Eh, not so much. I expect an action flick with lots of explosions, great effects, a mediocre plot, and hopefully decent acting.

I think it'll be a 2, maybe 2.5 stars film. But do I care? No. Because I'm seeing it for the Giant. Fighting. Robots. Enough said.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
The one thing about Micheal Bay films is, The Adverts look AMAZING.....but the films, meh.

Still, i have a movie pass so i will see it at somepoint.

Pappytech said:
Because I'm seeing it for the Giant. Fighting. Robots. Enough said.
For this same reason.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Redingold said:

I was going to say the same thing...
All my friends went to see it on a midnight screening just a little while ago. I'm not going to bother. I enjoyed the first one. It was forgettable, but not bad and pretty fun, even if the annoying teenagers hogged the screentime. And then so much about the second movie was awful. The plot was somehow worse than the first one, adding terminators, racist twins, the Transformer antichrist (or whatever) who then just digs a hole, and the whole world kinda forgot about the first movie ever happening, wishful thinking perhaps? Plus, what the fuck was with him going to the Transformer afterlife? I literally face-palmed. So no, I don't have high hopes for this movie, in fact I have none at all, maybe I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD. Could be a hilarious movie.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Pappytech said:
I will definetly be seeing Transformers at some point. Because, giant fighting robots. Enough said.

But, do I expect it to be good? Eh, not so much. I expect an action flick with lots of explosions, great effects, a mediocre plot, and hopefully decent acting.

I think it'll be a 2, maybe 2.5 stars film. But do I care? No. Because I'm seeing it for the Giant. Fighting. Robots. Enough said.
]

ya but when everybody goes n sees movies for that sorta reasoning it makes hollywood cancel potentially good movies for these because they will more reliably bring in money

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
How was even the first one any good? Too much adult stuff in a kids film, or too much kids stuff in an adult film. It wanted everyone as its audience, but failed to deliver a tone that was consistent with ANY.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Well, the first is reportedly considered "the best" of the two films, and since I've watched the first, I can safely say I will never touch them again.

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
Hey, I'm seeing it basically for free so I'm off to see it as well (come Friday).

I'm sure it'll be bad, hopefully it'll be better than Green Lantern...

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
aba1 said:
Pappytech said:

ya but when everybody goes n sees movies for that sorta reasoning it makes hollywood cancel potentially good movies for these because they will more reliably bring in money
Hollywood exists to entertain. And, to be honest, I find Transformers entertaining. If that's what most people feel as well, then maybe more movies like this should be made.

Of course, it's always nice to see a good movie as well. But, sometimes I just want to lose myself in pointless action and explosions, and not in drama and deception. So, yeah.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Alright, you're going to see a movie. Have fun!

I'll probably go to a movie this weekend. I might see X-Men again. Not sure. I might just stay home and watch Gangs of New York again. Eh, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Instant K4rma said:
Alright, you're going to see a movie. Have fun!

I'll probably go to a movie this weekend. I might see X-Men again. Not sure. I might just stay home and watch Gangs of New York again. Eh, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
You and your dead rabbits...

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Oh boy! It features Shockwave!
He'll probably make one quip, do something intimidating, then die after three minutes screen time!
Unless Shockwave kills Shia's character in an excessively brutal fashion that would make Kratos blush, it's a pretty safe assumption that Transformers 3 will be as much of a fucking stupid waste of time as the other two.

Sojoez

Nov 24, 2009
I'm going to watch that movie for the high cultural value, the inspirational dialogs and the charismatic, interesting human leads. After all thats what we all know about the Transformers as we grew up with them. [/sarcasm]

Of course not!! I'll see it because it has explosions, giant robots, explosions military hardware, explosions and a chick in tight clothing!!!

And maybe something that will make people rethink movies like the A Team, GI Joe, Transformers etc...
"Don't see it as a continuance of childhood, see it as a tribute of what you loved."

chriswolvie

Aug 25, 2009
I saw the first one on the Wednesday it came out and liked it. I saw the second one on the Wednesday IT came out and...was too stunned to call it God-awful for another few weeks. I *shall* see the third one tomorrow. After all, this will be the - as I call it - "End of an Error". And, with this film, hopefully Michael Bay will just pack it up and NEVER be seen in a director's chair again!!!

BTW, the HELL with Shockwave. I wanna see how they explain Sam going from Mikela to Carly. And, BTW, how the hell does this incompetent dweeb date LINGERIE MODELS?!?!? What cologne do *I* have to wear to do that?!?!? Or do I need a car-turned-robot to get the chicks?