Going to the movies alone?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i have never been on my own. maybe if it was a film i REALLY wanted to see but couldn't fiint anyone to go with but generally i consider going to the pictures a social thing so at least 1 other person needs to be with me

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I rarely go by myself... it's strange. Because it's not like you can talk to the people during the movie, but it's just not the same going by yourself.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Limie said:
Never go by myself. If I really want to watch the film then I wait until it is out on DVD.
like wise.

I'm an odd case when it comes to this. I keep saying funny things about the movies when im there, Unskipable-esc. People find the annoying and rude but i seem crazy if i do this to myself. I only ever really go to the movies when my friends push me into it.

gred

Aug 22, 2008
I've never gone to the movies by myself which is weird because I'm kind of a loner.

logiman

Aug 8, 2008
I`ve been like 5 times to the cinema, never alone, but I watch all of my movies now on my PC..alone. And I like it to be honest..never liked watching a movie with someone talking or going "OMGLOLWTF??!!1!!"/"ROFLcopter". It ruins my quiet experience

wkrepelin

Apr 28, 2010
I did do this once but it felt a little weird and not having someone to discuss the film with afterwards really sucked. I don't go to the theater often these days because of my home theater system being good enough and having all the benefits of being at home. I just netflix most stuff unless I just can't wait. I probably only go to the movies 2-3 times per year these days.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I haven't, but I'm greatly considering going to see Inception alone.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Yeah, I do it. Big whoop.

Actually, it was a good way to kill a boring afternoon when I was younger and my friends were all busy. Didn't have many computers back then, no DVDs, cable was sparse, Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, so a movie was a pretty cheap way to burn some time (course back then a matinee was like $2.50).

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Still do sometimes. Its more of an impulse thing for me. Ill be in the city doing somthing.....suddenly feel like a movie so ill just pop in the ticket booth and choose the closest times of whatever movie im interested in. If not its hometime.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
For some reason I've always seen going to the cinema alone as something kinda lonely, same with going to restaurants alone. They're generally social events and I always feel sad when I see an old woman eating alone at a restaurant or embarrassed when I see a smelly fat guy alone at a film. On the other hand I wish I didn't feel that way because I sometimes miss out on films because nobody wants to go with me, then I often can't be arsed spending money on the DVD/Blu-Ray

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I go to the movies alone about 20 times for every time I go with a friend or family member. I don't mind it at all.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Limie said:
Never go by myself. If I really want to watch the film then I wait until it is out on DVD.
This. Going to the movies for me is mostly a social thing, I mean I enjoy watching movies on the big screen, but the idea of going on my own just doesn't appeal to me as it kills the whole point of it for me.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
All the time, usually because it's a spur of the moment decision to go, and the theater is walking distance from my house. It doesn't really bother me, I don't go to the movies with the mindset that people will be watching me whilst I do so.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
No, it's not that I wouldn't watch it alone, but I'd never travel there alone. Plus it's nice to have someone to share the experience with, and talk about it with after.

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
In a post divorce world while trying to finally finish my college degree there isnt much free time. Kids movies I go with my son (when he's with me), anything else if its something I really want to see I'll go alone. That being said I've gone to one movie alone in the past five years.