Gold Wii Makes Gold PS3s Seem Inexpensive

Low Key

May 7, 2009
So the guy spent a total of $400,000 on all 3 Wii's and he's charging $1,500,000? What a rip.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Simalacrum said:
I...I...

[HEADING=2]WHO ACTUALLY BUYS THIS CRAP?![/HEADING]

People with a lot of money who want to one up their friends who also have a lot of money. Truthfully the "only 3 in creation" bit will probably help move those Wiis. It's the kind of thing your typical music star, actor, or playboy would want to show off with. "I have one, because I can".

Take a look at some of the stuff people do in the Rap/Hip Hop celebrity "community" or what you see on shows about the "cribs" and cars of the rich. This fits right in.

Next time they do something like a "Bling Off" on MTV, actually watch it for as long as you can without your brain cells exploding. Then compare what you've just seen with this Wii and the gold plated PS-3. That will put it allll in perspective.

Truthfully while I can't remember the name of the guy, I seem to remember some hip-hop dude buying a gold, jewel studded steering wheel for his car, but it was improperly constructed and broke off in his hands due to the soft metal in th connections. "lukily" he was not driving. It couldn't be re-attached so he was running around with what was a 50 pound golden steering wheel around his neck as medallion for a while. Fairly infamous story I believe, but it was a while ago.

That said, if I could afford it I will admit that something like a gold plated PS-3 would be to my tastes (don't care much for the Wii). I'm a nerd, so I might as well expresse my decadence in the things I'd actually use if I had the oppertunity.

Oh well, we all have our dreams .

My comments about Atari in another thread aside, I'd also like the sword they made for the old "Swordquest" cartridge contest, which apparently never got distributed. I'd hang that up above the TV connected to my gold-plated PS-3.

I've neever gotten the RROD but I would find it funny if Microsoft DID produce a "bejweled" 360 and then it RRODed on it's owner becoming a giant brick. I wonder how they would handle the replacement if they produced it. :p

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Caliostro said:
Doug said:
Or someone who so much money they can afford to show off.
Yeah... Buying gold Wii, or a Wii or any kind really, to "show off" is a bit like shooting your own knee caps to run faster...

On topic: Biggest, single, waste of money, ever made.

Remove the diamonds, melt the gold, make something that's even mildly useful or interesting to people over the age of 12.
And yet, Saddam Hussien had solid gold toilets. Some people REALLY want to show off.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
is it made entirely of gold?, see thats awesome, if only it had been any other console.

edit: and i mean any other, even one of those Japanese ones who only had 4 games.

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
Doug said:
Caliostro said:
Doug said:
Or someone who so much money they can afford to show off.
Yeah... Buying gold Wii, or a Wii or any kind really, to "show off" is a bit like shooting your own knee caps to run faster...

On topic: Biggest, single, waste of money, ever made.

Remove the diamonds, melt the gold, make something that's even mildly useful or interesting to people over the age of 12.
And yet, Saddam Hussien had solid gold toilets. Some people REALLY want to show off.
Well its a good investment really, solid gold never goes out of style, it will never corrode and it has real resale value. Unlike a normal toilet.

On a more serious note. I hope those Wii's never get purchased, its such a monumental waste of money.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Simalacrum said:
I...I...

[HEADING=2]WHO ACTUALLY BUYS THIS CRAP?![/HEADING]
Nintendo fanboys.
but anyway, that is really expensive for a console with only 4 good games.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Doug said:
Toilet > Wii.

They're both absurd wastes of money, but I'd sooner get a gold toilet...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
Damn!

Next up I expect there to be a platinum 360, just cause Microsoft has to improve on everything.
Adamantium plated 360 thank you. The unbreakable console, an exclusive for the upcoming game "Space Marine!"

I'd say WTF to that because Ada. is fictional.

OT: I feel sorry for that guy if no one buys it.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Anyone who buys this should be ashamed of themselves... this really is the pit of excess that humanity is tempting itself with.

Gold might be a wise investment, but not in a piece of technology that will only last a few years. This is decadent in the extreme.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
You can graft all sorts of precious metals onto it in an attempt to make it classy, but in the end you're still performing the exact same undignified waggles that the plebian Wii owners are, only now you look even sillier because you're waggling on a console that costs roughly 500 grand.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Auric Goldfinger...please report to the front desk...Auric Goldfinger.

Ok! Next up Golden 360? lol. Talk about "Pimp My Console"

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Caliostro said:
Doug said:
Toilet > Wii.

They're both absurd wastes of money, but I'd sooner get a gold toilet...
At least you're guaranteed to use it at least once a day. Can't say the same for the Wii.

FistsOfTinsel

Jun 23, 2008
2500 grams is 88 ounces. If you get your gold at $800/oz, that's $70,000. A .25 carat diamond is going to be around $400, so that's 78x400 = $31,000, so the raw cost of this is around $100K. $383,000 seems like a pretty nice profit for a trivial amount of craftsmanship. I'm sure none of these are made - they're just waiting to see if a sucker takes the bait, then they've got more money than they'd make it 5 years.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Its more expensive then the gold PS3 because while you can use the PS3, the Wii is only decoration to begin with. ZING...

No, just kidding, I have and use a Wii...periodically. Teasing, not flaming.

1deano1

Oct 6, 2008
This is just completely bonkers... Who in their right mind is actually going to buy one of these?