Good Bad Flicks: Christine

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
That self repair scene blew my mind back then! CGI has nothing on some great ingenuity, huh? ;)

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
Jacked Assassin said:
https://youtu.be/FJBgzX2HMe8?t=5m40s
If only this DBZA Movie referenced Christine....
Also how long before self driving cars cause something like this to happen again?
And would it be less interesting if the car ran on electric instead of gas?
There was a killer car movie a few years ago called Super Hybrid that was an electric car. (if memory serves) While they did do a little more CG than they should have, I liked the idea and overall thought it was a cool movie. Flawed but worth a viewing.

Rawbeard said:
Man, Carpenter just couldn't catch a break.
Seriously. Thankfully he's gained his proper recognition over the years. Its a shame he isn't directing anymore. He wants to and definitely has the skills but its a different world and he just doesn't get the control that he used to. This makes me want to do a full documentary on his legacy and how many times he's been sadly screwed over.

Kenjitsuka said:
That self repair scene blew my mind back then! CGI has nothing on some great ingenuity, huh? ;)
YES! I was the same, the car rebuilding itself was jaw dropping back in the day. Now they'd do it with CG and it would look phony as all hell and cost 10x as much. Ingenuity with practicals always wins. :)

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
CecilT said:
Christine

Killer car.

Watch Video
Super glad to see you did this one. One of my favorite adaptations of a King novel.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
one of my favorite movies as well. watched it few times already because its that good. still havent read the book though.
and the car repairing it self still looks amazing. even for today. practical effects will always triumph.