CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
Every Reference in Silent Hill

Here's every reference in Silent Hill.

Watch Video

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Gosh darn that's extensive. The "Study Dammit!" poster always brings me joy; I didn't know it was actually a reference :D

I'm wondering why the picture on The Escapist's main page was from the Silent Hill film, though (or it might be Homecoming, I've not played that in good while). I got the impression that this would be a collection of all the references that film makes to the games.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Dear God...that was impressive for sure. I knew the franchise was inspired by a lot of stuff and borrowed a lot of stuff, but I had no idea it went this far. A few of these felt a little bit like reaching--the way the lady turns her head and the Tremors one--but they were drowned out by all the other stuff.

That Kindergarten Cop one caught me by surprise. That's just funny right there.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I need to watch Jacob's Ladder now... dammit Konami why did you have to cancel such a great series T__T

Sep 24, 2008
I almost want to be cruel and suggest that you now tackle every reference in the Fallout series.

But I assume you have a life that you'd like to get back to at some point..

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
ObsidianJones said:
I almost want to be cruel and suggest that you now tackle every reference in the Fallout series.

But I assume you have a life that you'd like to get back to at some point..
I actually started working on Fallout 3 before this one but put it on hold because there were too many references. I figured it would be more timely to do Silent Hill and have it out before Halloween.

Now that this is done, I'll start back on Fallout. I'm doing 3 because (yes its shameless) I know it would get more views than if I started with 1. I'm also limiting it to the core game and then I figure I'll come back to do the expansions as separate videos.

So I'll be tackling that one a little at a time. Most likely it will be ready sometime in 2016. lol

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
damn. i wish SH came out for pc. i have only played part 2 but never part 1.
but its amazing how many references are used in it. certainly interesting. some of these movies i actually should watch again and see the once i havent seen at all.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I already knew a good chunk of the references, but there were still a few I didn't know.

Man, I should totally replay this for Halloween since it's been a long time since I've played it, and I loved it when I first played it years and years ago.

Nicely researched video. :D

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Thats mighty extensive. I wonder though with so much being a similar name thing, how many of them are actually coincidences, or in some shop cases perhaps the shop is named after silent hill instead?

Autiopath

Sep 15, 2015
Silent Hill is by far the scariest game I've played in a long time. The Dead Space games are a close second. I got stuck in Silent Hill 2 in the goddamn apartments, and I never played any of the other games.

Good review. So many references.