CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
Exploring Demolition Man

Exploring the making of Demolition Man.

Watch Video

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I always loved this film; it seemed to have just the right balance of action and comedy. I still chuckle at the verbal morality violations to this day.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
RTE over here often plays the same movie over and over so I saw this one a good few times, loved it every time :D

I had no idea they managed to get permission from the government to blow up buildings and film on an unfinished highway, I always thought they were props or some shit.

Still, another great vid Cecil, fucking lost it at the end when you said "And more..."

I c wah u did thar...

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
I love this movie and enjoy watching it now and then. holds up great. The rewrite for Learies character explains why he feels so out of place when he basically does his stand-up, which doesn't help the flow of the movie too much. His character always felt too young to have a reference point to the world before to make any of his judgement calls about the above ground society. Oh well, doesn't hurt the movie, it goes full fun ahead!

Cheesy Goodness

Aug 24, 2009
I wasn't that impressed with Demolition Man in the 90s. However, with the growing notoriety of groupthink, safe spaces and Tumblr, I now find it to be a timely movie that luckily predicted a bit of the future.

We currently have a generation of adult children that are easily offended and want to ban everything. You can't help but relate the plot to current events and social media. If you literally plucked a guy from the 90s and transported him to 2016, he would probably do and say certain things that would rub people the wrong way.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
This is easily my favorite Stallone flick, and one of my most favorite films of all time.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Barbas said:
I always loved this film; it seemed to have just the right balance of action and comedy. I still chuckle at the verbal morality violations to this day.
Go to an average US college today and ask them if they'd like something like that installed on campus and they'll probably say yes.

I love this movie. Cheesy 80's and 90's action flicks are the best.

0hnoes

The Magic Man!
May 18, 2015
kyosai7 said:
This is easily my favorite Stallone flick, and one of my most favorite films of all time.
This! I make it a point to watch this film once a year at the very least.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This reminds me that I need to get this on bluray at some point.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
indeed a good action comedy movie. the profanity violation is still something i think about today. hilarious. have to watch it again for sure.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Shit, I can't believe they cut parts out of that movie. I thought it was good, but it would have been damn better with most of the extra bits.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Holy shit, Jackie Chan got offered to part of Simon Phoenix? That would have been hilarious!!

Granted, it probably would have been terrible, but still hysterical.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I love this movie.

I think Wesley Snipes did a good job playing the crazy villain, and is a huge reason I still enjoy it. The world design was great too since it really went for broke on everything and it was so over the top in places that it was great to see it mocked by the outsiders in the film.

Benjamin Pratt had a good little character development too. Funny as hell.

Didn't know that was Sandra Bullock's first movie, but she was great.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Cheesy Goodness said:
I wasn't that impressed with Demolition Man in the 90s. However, with the growing notoriety of groupthink, safe spaces and Tumblr, I now find it to be a timely movie that luckily predicted a bit of the future.

We currently have a generation of adult children that are easily offended and want to ban everything. You can't help but relate the plot to current events and social media. If you literally plucked a guy from the 90s and transported him to 2016, he would probably do and say certain things that would rub people the wrong way.
We also have a generation of people that entirely overgeneralize everything into hyperbole because their feelings have to be the most important ones. Guess which one annoys me more?

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
monkeymangler said:
Cheesy Goodness said:

We also have a generation of people that entirely overgeneralize everything into hyperbole because their feelings have to be the most important ones. Guess which one annoys me more?
Demolition Man triggers me in the best possible way.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
I was going to point out how I just learned that Jack Black was in a movie that WASN'T about how the old people don't understand the young people, but then I remembered that that was one of the main plot points in Demolition Man...

StreakyMacintosh

Mar 8, 2016
"Originally the movie was meant to pit action heroes Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal against one another. Both of them declined because neither one of them wanted to play the bad guy."

Wait, what? If they were pitted against each other, one of them would have been the GOOD guy.