Good Bad Flicks: Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
I rarely watch horror movies, but I do love horror comedies. I watched this on a recommendation, was kinda slugging through the first few minutes, but once I realized what I was watching, god damn, beautiful.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
I just loved how this film switched the victim/villain routine.

And those dumb teens, I'm sorry to say, died in hilarious ways.

It was so bad yet good and funny.

hamsterkilla

Battlefield veteran
Aug 11, 2009
This movie was great. I try my best to be "that guy" when friends, who have never seen the movie come over, and I force them to watch it with me.

The scythe scene is by far the funniest thing ever.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
hamsterkilla said:
This movie was great. I try my best to be "that guy" when friends, who have never seen the movie come over, and I force them to watch it with me.

The scythe scene is by far the funniest thing ever.
You too, huh? I frigging adored this film. I wasn't expecting to, but I liked the trailer, it wasn't much to rent it, and honestly? I would give this film a Full Price.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Love this movie. I watched it out of boredom based on the title not knowing anything about it. An wow what a surprise it was. It should be up there as a classic with Evil Dead 2 and Shaun of the Dead.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
I saw this on cable a couple week ago and watched a few minutes of it. I thought it was kind of funny based on the premise and didn't give it much thought, but after this, I definitely have to watch it now. Every week I find new movies I never heard of to watch. Without a doubt, you're the best part of The Escapist, Cecil.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
The first death was funny when the victim of stupidity found out, a little too late, why he was being chased by one of the main characters.

And let's not forget the first "rescue" attempt.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
saw it in stores but thought its some cheap crap you will not enjoy. looks like i was really wrong by judging the books by its cover.
well, got it today since it was really cheap and me and my wife will watch it some time this week.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
If anyone is interested, the film is on netflix and I too would strongly recommend watching it. Saw it a few years back and loved every single moment of it

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
Rawbeard said:
I rarely watch horror movies, but I do love horror comedies. I watched this on a recommendation, was kinda slugging through the first few minutes, but once I realized what I was watching, god damn, beautiful.
That was a lot of people's experience with the movie. The setup is like so many backwoods horror films but then it quickly spins that into something glorious.

LysanderNemoinis said:
I saw this on cable a couple week ago and watched a few minutes of it. I thought it was kind of funny based on the premise and didn't give it much thought, but after this, I definitely have to watch it now. Every week I find new movies I never heard of to watch. Without a doubt, you're the best part of The Escapist, Cecil.
Thank you so much! :)

Flameeater said:
Is it just me or does this seem more like the "exploring" series?
It is, I think it was just mislabeled.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I enjoyed this film due to its reverse troupes and cliche. Goes to shows you can't judge a person on appearance and background only.

Flameeater

Aug 31, 2012
Flameeater said:
Is it just me or does this seem more like the "exploring" series?
It is, I think it was just mislabeled.[/quote]

No worries! Just something I picked up on. You do a great job, so much so that I have not only purchased a few movies based on your reviews, but have actually went back and began watching some of your older stuff that is on your own website. Keep it up!

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Not usually a fan of splatter horror (much prefer atmospheric stuff like the original halloween), but I loved this movie, and cabin in the woods (which i got about the same time) and Shaun of The Dead.

Only quibble is the final joke misfired for me personally.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
My friends and I often have bad horror movie nights where we drink and make fun of terrible movies. Going from the title and quick previews on Netflix, we thought this would be perfect. Needless to say, we were all very pleasantly surprised. One of the best horror comedies I've ever seen.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
just watched it my wife and we had a blast. has been ages since i have seen a good horror comedy. its so far back i cant even recall when i have seen a horror comedy that made me laugh.

CecilT

Apr 27, 2015
Flameeater said:
No worries! Just something I picked up on. You do a great job, so much so that I have not only purchased a few movies based on your reviews, but have actually went back and began watching some of your older stuff that is on your own website. Keep it up!
Excellent! Always happy to hear. Makes me glad to know that I'm bringing proper attention to these gems. :)

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
i do love horror comedies, but they are a rare genre these days, back in the 80's they were always at the video store