Good Co-Op for Couples Game on PS4

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So I posted a thread about some suggestions for an rpg for the ps4 the other day, but I ended up buying Outward, per my wife's suggestion. It's an ok little title. Not much in the way of tutorializing, it just expects you to figure the system out. But it does allow split screen co-op, and my wife is playing with me.

I'd like some more suggestions for games that allow 2 people to play on just the one game purchase, that's not a versus fighting game. Something co-op. Any suggestions?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime comes to mind, I'm pretty sure that is on PS4.

You could also do Children of Morta if you want to do a diabloesk dungeon crawler or Darksiders Genesis. Although I'm not sure if these two are couch coop.

Oh, Spiritfarer, you can local coop that game, one person plays Stella and the other plays her cat.

Or 'Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes' if you want to test your relationship.

Reactions: Kae

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Streets of Rage 4
Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle
Guaca Melee 2
Rayman Legends
Blazing Chrome
Dragon's Crown Pro
Knack 2

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Overcooked is lots of fun whether you become a well-oiled machine of 2 or everything devolves into fire and chaos. I think what makes any co-op game good is when every player feels useful and everyone's doing something different while also working towards the same goal. Overcooked is a great teamwork simulator (and relationship tester) in that regard, and for all the deliberately cumbersome obstacles and layouts it's not that hard to beat. Me and my girlfriend 3-starred every kitchen on one controller.

Worms is also lots of fun. You can play co-op by teaming up against the AI.

We played Dragon's Crown too. That was fun, well-differentiated characters pulling all kinds of duties, although the screen (shared, doesn't split) can get a little too hectic in a battle and 10% of the time you're not sure what's going on or if what you're doing is having any impact.