Good Game, Well Played

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Heh.

I actually get this in Smite a lot.

(Although Smite has a pretty extensive message system, so it's easier there.)

Expect people to spam "Awesome!" if they've just died, "You rock!" if you die too many times for their liking, and of course "Good game" when they've given up hope. Oh, and god forbid that your lane opponent roams and kills them, because you'll be hearing "Enemy missing right" until the anti-spam mutes them.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Applies to Hearthstone as well. There is always one prick who will say 'Thank You' whenever they use a Mind Control or 'Well Played' when you make a mistake.

Makes me want to throw my mouse out the window.

mruuh

Jun 29, 2012
It's articles/comics like this that make me glad that I gave up on Dota 2 after first few encounters with "toxic youth" and never looked back.

Xzavion

Jun 22, 2013
Yeah it makes you wonder... the chat in the games gets pretty much disabled because too many players obviously aren't able to use a chat in a civilised manner...

To make the best of it, it's still fun to annoy the guys that freak out about other peoples mistake even more, if you have lost a game anyway. Be it because of the mistakes, or the failure to continue a game seriously after the short fused freaks out... ;)

If lives gives you lemons and the stuff ^^.

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, what does 'New meta' mean?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Always, without fail, the worst part of a multiplayer experience is the other people.

Jan 12, 2012
Basement Cat said:
What the heck does New Meta mean?
warmachine said:
Yeah, what does 'New meta' mean?
"Meta" is referring to the metagame of DotA, basically the decisions you make during picking before the actual game starts. A "New Meta" is a new set of habits that develops, usually after an update that rebalances the characters and makes certain combinations more viable in competitive play.

In this case, I think that the joke is that ">talking like this[footnote]that is, using the default phrases of DotA chat, which are their own jargon[/footnote]" is the New Meta, in that it's her best option to begin every conversation.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Adeptus Aspartem said:
Hm, i don't really appreciate someone "boasting" he's a flaming asshole in game. Webcomic artist or not.
If thats flaming, you've not been on League of Legends ever. That's a gentle reminder to play better on league. I think all flaming though is counter productive. I've never seen (and never have myself) played better because someone called another a f--ing feeding Scrub. The only way to get someone to play better on the spot is to give them useful advice or stfu, because most people know that if their score is 0/8/0 that they're not doing great.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
This...HEAVILY reminds me of dark souls message system..oh dear lord, mobas may be toxic in arseholery, dark souls is toxic in incoherent and very low brow jokes.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Scorpid said:
[] If thats flaming, you've not been on League of Legends ever. That's a gentle reminder to play better on league. I think all flaming though is counter productive. I've never seen (and never have myself) played better because someone called another a f--ing feeding Scrub. The only way to get someone to play better on the spot is to give them useful advice or stfu, because most people know that if their score is 0/8/0 that they're not doing great.
I play Dota since early WC3 and LoL since closed beta. I know what i'm talking about.

And it doesn't matter if LoL is worse than Dota in this regard - which it isn't, they're both cesspools. And spamming people with passive aggressive chat-wheel messages is flaming. It's a negative additude and should be banned.
If it would be possible i'd revoke people the right to download and play the game at all. The internet is a shitty place for communication anyway but that doesn't mean we've to actively celebrate it or just give in.

This is why i'm stoked that they thought this strip would be a good idea. "Hurr, they flame, so i flame back" is the logic of kids on the schoolyard.

Jan 12, 2012
Adeptus Aspartem said:
This is why i'm stoked that they thought this strip would be a good idea. "Hurr, they flame, so i flame back" is the logic of kids on the schoolyard.
I don't think "stoked" is the word that you're looking for. Stoked means "very excited". A better choice might be "upset" or "irritated".

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Thunderous Cacophony said:
[
I don't think "stoked" is the word that you're looking for. Stoked means "very excited". A better choice might be "upset" or "irritated".
Actually i guess i just missed a "not". Derp.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Gizmo1990 said:
Applies to Hearthstone as well. There is always one prick who will say 'Thank You' whenever they use a Mind Control or 'Well Played' when you make a mistake.

Makes me want to throw my mouse out the window.
Squelch man just squelch. I am trying to squelch them before I mulligan half the time. Those emotes as limited as they are can throw you off your game. I pray to RNGESUS every day they will just add an auto squelch option and be done with it

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Darmy647 said:
This...HEAVILY reminds me of dark souls message system..oh dear lord, mobas may be toxic in arseholery, dark souls is toxic in incoherent and very low brow jokes.
And deliberately bad advice.

Always check for a "liar ahead" message.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I don't understand why people have such a huge problem with ignoring the trolls and assholes.